Will "Average Joe" be able to buy the Elite X3?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had a long conversation about this in 1520 forum with another user, but can't track it down for reference.

Bottom line... It seems I can input any string of the right length in my 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked) and use that to show the unlocked padlock again. That user could not replicate my experience. I wouldn't recommend too many attempts at this however as I believe there is a finite number of rejections and then your phone gets bricked and only a Care Center can restore your device.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
I had a long conversation about this in 1520 forum with another user, but can't track it down for reference.

Bottom line... It seems I can input any string of the right length in my 1520.3 (Factory Unlocked) and use that to show the unlocked padlock again. That user could not replicate my experience. I wouldn't recommend too many attempts at this however as I believe there is a finite number of rejections and then your phone gets bricked and only a Care Center can restore your device.
Nice. I will give it a try.

Jeddic

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will the Average Joe be able to buy HP Elite X3? I don't think so

What does 'not cheap' translate to? I know its set for business but in the current BYOD climate, they are not going to be compelled to spend too much over what current smart prices are selling for. Lets not even talk about the bumper crop of Chinese flagships from companies like Xiaomi, ZTE, Huahui, One Plus One and others selling for less than half of what we pay for em. I suspect they would have to at least be competitive wouldn't you agree?

The X3 is targeting business users. If you want an idea of what business priorities and costs are, go look at HP, Dell, or Lenovo PCs and compare prices for business versus consumer laptops for the same processor. The price difference is stark. This phone is going to come with services that the average consumer will not be interested in at all, and therefore the cost will reflect that. If I had to make a guess right now, I'd guess that a fully-loaded X3 bought on its own would probably run around $1100. That said, HP might cut some of the services/features for consumers, and drop the price as well.

As you said, there are a lot of solid, cheap phones. Those don't target users who want to manage servers from their phone like the X3 does, though. So no, I don't think it will be competitive. I think it will be dramatically more expensive, worth it for some companies, but largely panned by consumers.

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site

I tried this on the 3 Lumias I own and surprisingly enough it worked every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium