HP Elite X3 selling for $799.00 in the US!

Adjaero Pascal

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully there's a price drop. That price is too much for me, it's a bit of a disappointment since I had sold all my phones and then bought the Lumia 640 to hold onto hoping that this hp would go for $599 :(
At $799, I just went for the OnePlus 3 ($399). I'll be back whenever the price is within my range

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

jayblazer

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I have had a change of heart. I will give it a few months and see if a Surface phone ever surfaces, and if not I'm going to go ahead and order this. Fingers crossed I can get the dock at least thrown in by then.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I'm surprised, but I'm a little bit worried. Hope businesses bite.

I'm sure there are price breaks for volume buyers... I wouldn't be surprised if Workspace subscriptions don't subsidize hardware pricing as well.

If a company purchased 1,000 units with all the trimmings and licensed Workspace time I bet the per unit price on the phone would make most consumers cry, then break things, then cry again. :winktongue:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure there are price breaks for volume buyers... I wouldn't be surprised if Workspace subscriptions don't subsidize hardware pricing as well.

If a company purchased 1,000 units with all the trimmings and licensed Workspace time I bet the per unit price on the phone would make most consumers cry, then break things, then cry again. :winktongue:

What ^^he said!

There will ultimately be price breaks / sales thru MS (or HP))

Last edited:

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Ouch! Though in all honesty, that is what I was figuring on. Will give it a couple months after release for it to get into the supply chains, then give it another look. Hopefully by then maybe a version able to run on Verizon will be released if it takes off in the corporate world, which I think it will.

IT people I know HATE both Apple and Android due to security issues, and Black Berry is fading fast with them since only the Passport is available with BB OS and they won't accept the Priv running Android.

MN_Wolverine

Jan 16, 2016
Visit site
I broke the screen on my 1520 and my insurance company replaced the phone with a HTC. Unfortunately, I broke the screen on that one. It is functional but I decided to get the 640XL when I found out the HTC would not be upgraded to W10 and I wasn't sure when HP would release their phone.

The pricing announcement is very disappointing to me too. Even if it comes with the dock. I would do $600 but $750 or $800 is simply too much.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Is it just me or - at least for the US - there is a "definite silence" about supported carriers?

It's GSM (currently - AFAIK) just for AT&T / T-Mobile in US - most of the rest of the world is GSM.
Any CDMA support will be driven by Business pressure on Verizon, Sprint from one of their larger subscribers.

Last edited:

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Is it just me or - at least for the US - there is a "definite silence" about supported carriers?

Hopefully this is an indication they are still working on negotiations with Verizon. Then they would have most all major markets covered with either GSM or CDMA units. One can hope.

Even better would be a model with both types of radios.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Looking at the specs, I think it's a valid price point - the screen size, speakers, RAM, processor, screen pixel density, what it can do etc. If the Lumia 1020 was initially sold at 700+USD when it launched, then why not this?

950xl launched with a price of 700USD, right? And now it's going for 500 or less. So give it time

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
The premium is because of those awesome Bang & Olufsen speakers :winktongue:

The premium is actually a HI starting point, so the discounts look better.
These are being manufactured / spec'd / sold to Businesses - NOT one of those Businesses will be paying &799. per.
If I discount from $800 to $625 per, that looks good ...

My prediction = around about Black Friday (ish), you'll be able to pick this up for $599! Even less / sooner, IF adoption doesn't materialize.

IF they sell like hotcakes, there'll eventually be a discount, but less & later.
I'd imagine HP is looking to move 500k units, either deviation from this will bring discounts.
  • Move more = R&D costs are amortized over more units & they keep churning out devices to meet demand.
  • Move less = recover cost on units laying around.

I personally think it'll be a hit, impacting the Windows Phone market share (bump over 1%), which could drive consumer uptake (either this device, rumored Surface phone or another hi-end device).

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786