HP Elite X3 selling for $799.00 in the US!

anon(6078578)

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
The premium is actually a HI starting point, so the discounts look better.
These are being manufactured / spec'd / sold to Businesses - NOT one of those Businesses will be paying &799. per.
If I discount from $800 to $625 per, that looks good ...

My prediction = around about Black Friday (ish), you'll be able to pick this up for $599! Even less / sooner, IF adoption doesn't materialize.

IF they sell like hotcakes, there'll eventually be a discount, but less & later.
I'd imagine HP is looking to move 500k units, either deviation from this will bring discounts.
  • Move more = R&D costs are amortized over more units & they keep churning out devices to meet demand.
  • Move less = recover cost on units laying around.

I personally think it'll be a hit, impacting the Windows Phone market share (bump over 1%), which could drive consumer uptake (either this device, rumored Surface phone or another hi-end device).
My post was just a light hearted comment :smile:

Still, this phone will surely be a litmus test to see how well Businesses respond to a good Windows 10 Mobile phone before the Surface Phone appears.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
My post was just a light hearted comment :smile:

Still, this phone will surely be a litmus test to see how well Businesses respond to a good Windows 10 Mobile phone before the Surface Phone appears.

Understood, though I wasn't sure

BTW - I want one, when the price comes down / they run a sale / or I can piggyback on a Business purchase. Appears to be very well spec'd, just about anything you could ask for. Limiting factor could be the CAMERA.

Last edited:

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully there's a price drop. That price is too much for me, it's a bit of a disappointment since I had sold all my phones and then bought the Lumia 640 to hold onto hoping that this hp would go for $599 :(
At $799, I just went for the OnePlus 3 ($399). I'll be back whenever the price is within my range

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

well lets see, its priced $100 less than the base model iPhone and the x3 is killer on specs and its the same price as the base s7 and again the x3 is killer on specs. I don't understand the whining of people when a top of the line flagship is priced accordingly. If you want a cheap phone, then buy a cheap phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
In the comments on that thread I saw this
https://www.facebook.com/CDWCorporation/videos
just skip to about 11:30 and he says that without the dock it will be $699! That would be awesome

So the dock is $100...

For $650 you get an Acer Liquid Jade Primo, dock, keyboard and mouse...
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...nlocked%2FproductID.2124016000&token=lQpQcZrY

For those wondering about Camera the Jade Primo has a 21MP rear camera module by Sony so it should be pretty good and also an 8MP ffc for the vain the selfie obsessed touching up your makeup quality Skype Video Calls to Grandma your business contacts.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am still waiting patiently on the windows 10 roms for one plus2, one plus 3 and mi5.. One of these will be my next phone.

Kimmo Toivanen

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I can't see the benefit of Continuum over separate laptop/tablet/2-in1/computer stick and phone. Simple laptop is bigger, but the display is always there without playing with cables and other parts.

What kind of enterprises can do their work with Continuum?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Everyone keeps saying business phone...

I may be a little obtuse but what business are you referring to? Most businesses go cheap with their phones, hardware and software. It's the 'as long as it works' philosophy.

Most companies lease phones, hardware and software if it's not BYO.

So unless I'm mistaken, this is going to be a niche product for a select bunch of companies who want something like this and are willing to pay for it.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Everyone keeps saying business phone...

I may be a little obtuse but what business are you referring to? Most businesses go cheap with their phones, hardware and software. It's the 'as long as it works' philosophy.

Most companies lease phones, hardware and software if it's not BYO.

So unless I'm mistaken, this is going to be a niche product for a select bunch of companies who want something like this and are willing to pay for it.

I've just thought of this: cars usually have displays, right? What if he phone can be used to connect to the bigger display? I'm thinking police forces can use this - wasn't there a report of some police department in USA being happy with their windows phones?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I've just thought of this: cars usually have displays, right? What if he phone can be used to connect to the bigger display? I'm thinking police forces can use this - wasn't there a report of some police department in USA being happy with their windows phones?

Yes I recall that but they would need a justification for something this expensive. Even police departments have a budget, which are generally not that large.

KimRM

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
First explain what you mean by enterprise and we'll go from there.

Maybe let Wikipedia explain it to you.

Enterprise software, also known as enterprise application software (EAS), is computer software used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users. Such organizations would include businesses, schools, interest-based user groups, clubs, charities, or governments

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Maybe let Wikipedia explain it to you.

Enterprise software, also known as enterprise application software (EAS), is computer software used to satisfy the needs of an organization rather than individual users. Such organizations would include businesses, schools, interest-based user groups, clubs, charities, or governments

OK so in other words your statement about Continuum being workable for all enterprises is incorrect. Not all enterprises are using cloud software.

So you over generalised but that's OK.

There is also the issue of having Windows 10 and the latest software working with Windows 10. Something a lot of enterprises don't have.

jlzimmerman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I need to see how well the camera is before considering. As a amateur photographer, this is very important (which is why I got the 1520 in the first place).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb