So, Elite x3 launching in many countries, but majority left out as usual!

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
So, elite x3 launching in many countries, but majority left out as usual

I'm going to be selfish and say why not in my country, Kenya? Or Egypt or Nigeria or Ghana or Rwanda or Tanzania or Botswana or Tunisia?

HP Elite x3 launching in 47 countries including India, UK, and Japan | Windows Central

Why have the heading say Europe, Middle East and Africa if there's only one country in African where it will be released? I rather it be written "Europe, Middle East and S. Africa

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: So, elite x3 launching in many countries, but majority left out as usual

The announced countries are probably markets that HP would be in business trust with or places that support could be handled easily.

I'm left out because the price of the X3 is somewhat outside of what I would pay for any phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

I agree with you actually Chintan. I do wonder why that is. It was nice to see South Africa...but really only South Africa is kind of funny because the logic there is lost on me.

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site

True. But once it will be available in UAE (Dubai exactly). I am sure it will be available in Kenya and Tanzania within a week.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

True. But once it will be available in UAE (Dubai exactly). I am sure it will be available in Kenya and Tanzania within a week.

it would mean either someone imports it at extraordinary prices or a company does it and sells locally at crazy prices.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
how are the import duties/taxes? As a percentage of the phone cost?

depends on the cost of the phone + weight etc.

But it doesn't cost me anything more than 200/300ttd (about 30/40us) to bring in the phone.

Even if it was more to bring it in, it would still be cheaper than buying it locally. If they do decide to sell a phone down here it's really expensive.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
depends on the cost of the phone + weight etc.

But it doesn't cost me anything more than 200/300ttd (about 30/40us) to bring in the phone.

Even if it was more to bring it in, it would still be cheaper than buying it locally. If they do decide to sell a phone down here it's really expensive.

you have a friendly import system - If I decided to import the 640, I would be taxed about 120USD :grincry:

Rasahi

May 20, 2013
Visit site

Besides, I have bought my previous phones from Dubai. So it will not make difference with this one. I just ask someone who is travelling to Dubai for business trip to buy for me without extra cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte