The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
09-08-2017 11:09 AM
153 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Assuming the sales rep was correct in stating that CDMA is onboard (which according to the specs from HP so far it isn't, but maybe they have insider info?)
    CDMA is on board; that's not the question. HP has not enabled it, like Microsoft hasn't with the Lumia 950/XL. The debate is why CDMA hasn't been enabled.
    RumoredNow, a5cent and aximtreo like this.
    08-31-2016 08:04 PM
    Originally posted by DavidinCT
    This a quote from the AMA.... this pretty much sums up why we don't get a lot of devices on Verizon....

It's not just you. Having worked in the mobile industry before I can assure you that Verizon is a pain in the *** to work with. They have a bajillion and one super strict rules about lab entry, let alone actual lab testing. To top it off, their lab testing takes a week longer than AT&T or T-Mobile but they'll ***** and make life hell for an OEM that doesn't release their Verizon device at the same time as an AT&T/T-Mobile device. Basically, they want OEMs to sit on the other carrier's devices for a week.

They openly admit to giving Apple special privileges though.
    If this happened in the UK, where our consumer laws are more stringent, the fact they are in cahots with apple, could cause them an issue if someone had the time and money. The trouble is, its a free market, and as such they could get away with it. It's not really their fault that we want a great device on our 'contracted' network. At the end of the day, its their business decision. I guess iPhone sales far outweigh W10M device sales by many, many percentage points.

I'm lucky and live in the UK where the carriers are monitored closely by Ofcom, the government watchdog. All our carriers were forced to issue partial refunds when they put prices up whilst in a fixed contract, they have to provide an unlock code after a set period, and only put costs up by the retail price index!

To top it off, we have the EU ( for now ) whereby some OEM's ( phone, tv's etc ) who only provided a 12 month warranty, were told to up it to 24 months!!

I feel for you guys and gals in the 'states'. You seem to get screwed over quite often. I guess due to the litigious nature of certain sections of the population, the US companies have to be pretty watertight when it comes to offering a product. In a market where a burger joint gets sued because someone burns their mouth drinking a coffee, because there wasn't a label on the cup saying 'caution, contents may be hot', you haven't got much hope really.
    tgp, Alex Zapata, a5cent and 1 others like this.
    09-01-2016 03:14 AM
    I feel for you guys and gals in the 'states'.
    Yeah we have it rough here in our 3rd world country. We take what we save in gasoline (and pretty much every other product and service) and spend it on cell phone service and health care.

To top it off, we have the EU ( for now ) whereby some OEM's ( phone, tv's etc ) who only provided a 12 month warranty, were told to up it to 24 months!!
    Don't kid yourself; you pay for this extra year of warranty. That's why electronics cost more in the EU than in the US.
    09-01-2016 07:35 AM
    CDMA is on board; that's not the question. HP has not enabled it, like Microsoft hasn't with the Lumia 950/XL. The debate is why CDMA hasn't been enabled.
    Well, maybe since HP and Microsoft are "afraid of big, bad Verizon certification", they should just hire or contract with LG to do the work as it sure appears that LG knows how to do it !!!

https://opennetwork.verizonwireless....S988_4682.html
    Alex Zapata likes this.
    09-01-2016 09:33 AM
    BRAVO to both of you guys for raising this back up!!! The "Title of this Thread" IS "Verizon hates us" was from a "very brave a courageous" HP sales rep - see the beginning of this thread ...

The QUESTION was asked "ARE the CDMA radios On-BOARD" and his answer was YES!

The "specific question" about Band 13 was NEVER asked nor answered!

As you guys so accurately stated = "WHAT ELSE could be the problem BESIDES "Verizon hates us"???

Anyone???
    It could be that Verizon hates themselves too. They're buying companies like AOL and Yahoo while AT&T is expanding into Mexico, and T-Mobile is growing like crazy. Verizon has lost their soul.
    Last edited by kurtd; 09-06-2016 at 10:26 PM.
    RumoredNow and aximtreo like this.
    09-01-2016 05:00 PM
    Well, the Elite x3 is now launched and the "only" Windows Phone offered on Verizon is the Lumia 735!

You've gotta hand to Samsung though as to "pushing the front of the wave"! Galaxy S7, "unlocked" and certified for Verizon VoLTE !!!

https://opennetwork.verizonwireless....cked_4725.html
    09-08-2016 12:27 PM
    Well, the Elite x3 is now launched and the "only" Windows Phone offered on Verizon is the Lumia 735!

You've gotta hand to Samsung though as to "pushing the front of the wave"! Galaxy S7, "unlocked" and certified for Verizon VoLTE !!!

https://opennetwork.verizonwireless....cked_4725.html
    And it makes a handy fire starter for those cold winter nights coming in a few months.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:17 PM
    BRAVO to both of you guys for raising this back up!!! The "Title of this Thread" IS "Verizon hates us" was from a "very brave a courageous" HP sales rep - see the beginning of this thread ...

The QUESTION was asked "ARE the CDMA radios On-BOARD" and his answer was YES!

The "specific question" about Band 13 was NEVER asked nor answered!

As you guys so accurately stated = "WHAT ELSE could be the problem BESIDES "Verizon hates us"???

Anyone???
    This was always the question about the 950xl too right? Was Band 13 on the 950xl but just not activated? I have a 950xl and would love to use it on Verizon if there was ever an update to activate it.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-12-2016 04:39 PM
    I do not want to spread a rumor and just want inform folks of what I found, eveidence that it will be on the VZW network soon. You can see my post here with the certification info HP has on the new model for Verizion wireless.

I am surprised I am the only one seeing this info and not making it known any where else...Might give hope to some people out there floundering on W10M and still using old phones.
    06-13-2017 11:56 PM
    I do not want to spread a rumor and just want inform folks of what I found, eveidence that it will be on the VZW network soon. You can see my post here with the certification info HP has on the new model for Verizion wireless.

I am surprised I am the only one seeing this info and not making it known any where else...Might give hope to some people out there floundering on W10M and still using old phones.
    The real question from what I am reading is this may be a separate device from the current Elite X3 right? If so I assume current X3 users would still not be able to use theirs on Verizon?
    06-14-2017 10:12 AM
    The real question from what I am reading is this may be a separate device from the current Elite X3 right? If so I assume current X3 users would still not be able to use theirs on Verizon?
    Yes, it is a new Model number. They have altered the Radio on this one.
    06-14-2017 12:12 PM
    Am thinking VZ will offer it online, and I bet it is single sim. We'll have to wait and see.
    06-14-2017 12:13 PM
    Yes, it is a new Model number. They have altered the Radio on this one.
    I just verified that the Microsoft store in the US are "currently discounting" the Elite x3 "bundle" http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=-AFOKNN3

So, I called my local Microsoft store and they said "July 14 to August 14 ... OR, UNTIL SUPPLIES LAST!!!".

Perhaps there IS a "new model coming" soon!!!
    07-28-2017 01:18 PM
    Just found this as we are also looking into IoT and there is a LOT "of recent certification activity" at Verizon. I am only posting this as another example that whatever HP is doing with the Elite x3 is part of a MUCH BIGGER PICTURE! The Elite x3 is an "endpoint device" in a large solution sell - just like the Surface and HP Elite series is, desktop computers are and ... yes, even IoT.

https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...-showcase.html (THIS is ONLY in the last 30 days - YES, no Elite x3 listed yet, but several competitor smartphones!

We simply must get out of this "NARROW smartphone and Windows 10 Mobile" mentality and THING "out-of-the box"!

The HP Elite x3 on the Verizon Network IS NO LONGER ABOUT us as "consumers" but the whole IoT revolution at large.

WE - wearing BOTH our business hates and consumer hats - may benefit as we can have our cake and eat it too :)
    nate0 likes this.
    07-29-2017 01:34 PM
    Just found this as we are also looking into IoT and there is a LOT "of recent certification activity" at Verizon. I am only posting this as another example that whatever HP is doing with the Elite x3 is part of a MUCH BIGGER PICTURE! The Elite x3 is an "endpoint device" in a large solution sell - just like the Surface and HP Elite series is, desktop computers are and ... yes, even IoT.

https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...-showcase.html (THIS is ONLY in the last 30 days - YES, no Elite x3 listed yet, but several competitor smartphones!

We simply must get out of this "NARROW smartphone and Windows 10 Mobile" mentality and THING "out-of-the box"!

The HP Elite x3 on the Verizon Network IS NO LONGER ABOUT us as "consumers" but the whole IoT revolution at large.

WE - wearing BOTH our business hates and consumer hats - may benefit as we can have our cake and eat it too :)
    Yes. The Elite X3 is at&t certified! Not like I thought though it is AT&T IoT certified...
    08-04-2017 11:34 PM
    Yes. The Elite X3 is at&t certified! Not like I thought though it is AT&T IoT certified...
    LOOK at ALL of the "smartphones" CERTIFID to run on Verizon!!!

Says 48 using a "smartphone filter"!

I mean, WTH is going on with HP getting the Elite x3 "Certified"???

Maybe they should "hire" someone that knows HOW to get this done - take you pick from all of the vendors listed below ...

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...Port=&uSBPort=
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    08-05-2017 09:03 PM
    LOOK at ALL of the "smartphones" CERTIFID to run on Verizon!!!

Says 48 using a "smartphone filter"!

Maybe they should "hire" someone that knows HOW to get this done - take you pick from all of the vendors listed below ...

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...Port=&uSBPort=
    Did we even know for sure that HP was intending to do so? Until proven otherwise I wouldn't expect it.
    08-05-2017 09:13 PM
    According to the HP specs, the Elite x3 now works on Verizon: HP Elite x3| HP® United States

"Wireless
    802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2)*WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 LE combo (Miracast supported)
    NFC
    WWAN: 2G GSM, CDMA (1x BC0/BC1)/3G WCDMA, HSPA, CDMA 1x EVDO/4G Verizon LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation
    WWAN: 2G GSM/3G WCDMA, HSPA/4G LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation"
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-05-2017 09:33 PM
    LOOK at ALL of the "smartphones" CERTIFID to run on Verizon!!! Says 48 using a "smartphone filter"!
    UNBELIEVABLE !!!https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...Port=&uSBPort=
    Did we even know for sure that HP was intending to do so? Until proven otherwise I wouldn't expect it.
    That page is for IoT certification. VZ Wireless Certification for its network use via SIM card is different than the Opendevelopment community of IoT devices.

A device has to be CDMA compatible with Verizon first to be able to be activated on the VZ network correct?...HP has already opened up CDMA on the latest FCC model (HSTNH-F606V), along with Band 13. All that is factual. When it gets certified by VZ or whether HP has it get certified by VZ for LTE use is in the air. If anything, the way HP did their first release, with a bit of advertising, I bet they do the same with VZ. But who knows...it needs to be official from HP or VZ as to when that model hits the shelf...
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-06-2017 12:56 AM
    There is also this certification with GCF. Certification was received on 6-16-2017

Global Certification Forum - Certified products -
    08-06-2017 09:49 AM
    Check the quickspecs - according to HP, it's available on Verizon from 7/31/17 when it was last updated. I'm reaching out to my HP VAR to find out what the lead time is.
    nate0 likes this.
    08-06-2017 11:04 AM
    Check the quickspecs - according to HP, it's available on Verizon from 7/31/17 when it was last updated. I'm reaching out to my HP VAR to find out what the lead time is.
    That is weird. I open the version on the site dated 7-31-2017 Version 18 but it opens version 17...
    The LTE listing for Verizon is there and has been since the May document. Is the pdf you looked at having the Version 17 footer/footnote too?
    08-06-2017 09:11 PM
    That is weird. I open the version on the site dated 7-31-2017 Version 18 but it opens version 17...
    The LTE listing for Verizon is there and has been since the May document. Is the pdf you looked at having the Version 17 footer/footnote too?
    Yeah, that is weird. If you try to select Version 17 which has the date 5-31-2017, it brings back and "Oops Nothing is Here" error page. Looks like they have Version 17 siting in the 18 place holder. Would be curious as to what new info Version 18 has. Maybe new specs or info for the Verizon model number?
    nate0 likes this.
    08-07-2017 12:57 AM
    Thanks in advance Jec6613! Please do keep us posted of what your HP VAR says.

I also mentioned in the other post you started, It may also definitely be worth calling Verizon's Business Sales line and asking them about the availability of this phone and referencing the recently updated HP Quick Guide in the process. A few weeks ago, I think Nate W mentioned he had spoken to an HP Rep or contact that said the phone would only be available through Verizon channels and they had no idea when Verizon would make the phone available.

May just have to try and find someone at Big Red willing to provide further info... which is the equivalent of pulling elephant teeth.
    nate0 likes this.
    08-07-2017 01:02 AM
    Hey Nate, just an update. Looks like HP uploaded Version 18 of the quick guide (July 31, 2017) and moved Version 17 to the proper link.

The update seems to indicate they removed some info on a couple features, however all of the Verizon references are still intact. I'm thinking of making a call to Verizon's technical support team today and reference this document to see when (or if ever) current Elite X3s can be added to the network, or if there is another "version" being released that can eventually be added.
    nate0 likes this.
    08-07-2017 01:24 PM
153 ... 23456 ...