09-08-2017 11:09 AM
153 ... 567
tools
    excited for you guys! What a neat one to catch up on!
    09-07-2017 05:01 PM
    Interesting. Not to sound dismissive, but your rep doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about. If you look under the network settings of that page, it shows the device as having CDMA radios and the proper LTE radios to work on Verizon's network. (those radios aren't listed on the current X3).

Based on all the news, info, and people I've contacted at both HP and Verizon, it sounds like something is coming.

As I mentioned in the main thread I started, I reached out to the HP Sales Rep listed on that Verizon page I linked you to, and he emailed me back with these exact words:

"The Verizon version of the Elite x3 is not currently available. It should be listed on HP.com in mid-September."

I also spoke with the premiere HP Elite X3 tech support rep whom said the X3 (or a version of it) will be usable on Verizon, but they are waiting on Verizon to complete back-end work for Windows 10 Mobile. In addition, I spoke to a Verizon tech support rep who also confirmed they are showing the X3 Elite in their computer tech billing system. This doesn't count the FCC WiFi and Bluetooth certifications posted a month or so ago showing a Windows 10 version of the Elite X3 had been certified (or submitted for certification) for Verizon.

Of course, things could change at the drop of a hat, and Verizon could pull their plans to allow the X3 on the network. However, it also sounds like HP is doing the legwork to get the phone certified for Verizon and will do the selling of it. So I can see how Verizon sales reps will (and would have no clue) about all this if there are no plans to sell through Verizon directly. And even when VZW does sell phones, most of the time their sales reps don't even know until the day it's on the sales site.

Anyways, thanks for the additional info, but my guess is we'll all know more in the next few weeks if the HP Elite X3 Rep listed on the X3 Elite Verizon webpage is to be believed.
    I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am just reporting what I was told. I certainly agree that reps have been wrong on many occasions and as a huge WM fan, I am hoping for a release. Seems like HP and Verizon have some issues to work through
    09-08-2017 07:18 AM
    I didn't mean to offend anyone. I am just reporting what I was told. I certainly agree that reps have been wrong on many occasions and as a huge WM fan, I am hoping for a release. Seems like HP and Verizon have some issues to work through
    Not offended at all :) I appreciate the info. Just keeping all up-to-date on what I've been told as well. Fingers crossed!
    09-08-2017 11:09 AM
153 ... 567