HP Elite X3 - Verizon hates us

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
BRAVO to both of you guys for raising this back up!!! The "Title of this Thread" IS "Verizon hates us" was from a "very brave a courageous" HP sales rep - see the beginning of this thread ...

The QUESTION was asked "ARE the CDMA radios On-BOARD" and his answer was YES!

The "specific question" about Band 13 was NEVER asked nor answered!

As you guys so accurately stated = "WHAT ELSE could be the problem BESIDES "Verizon hates us"???

Anyone???

This was always the question about the 950xl too right? Was Band 13 on the 950xl but just not activated? I have a 950xl and would love to use it on Verizon if there was ever an update to activate it.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I do not want to spread a rumor and just want inform folks of what I found, eveidence that it will be on the VZW network soon. You can see my post here with the certification info HP has on the new model for Verizion wireless.

I am surprised I am the only one seeing this info and not making it known any where else...Might give hope to some people out there floundering on W10M and still using old phones.

Razius

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
I do not want to spread a rumor and just want inform folks of what I found, eveidence that it will be on the VZW network soon. You can see my post here with the certification info HP has on the new model for Verizion wireless.

I am surprised I am the only one seeing this info and not making it known any where else...Might give hope to some people out there floundering on W10M and still using old phones.

The real question from what I am reading is this may be a separate device from the current Elite X3 right? If so I assume current X3 users would still not be able to use theirs on Verizon?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The real question from what I am reading is this may be a separate device from the current Elite X3 right? If so I assume current X3 users would still not be able to use theirs on Verizon?

Yes, it is a new Model number. They have altered the Radio on this one.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Just found this as we are also looking into IoT and there is a LOT "of recent certification activity" at Verizon. I am only posting this as another example that whatever HP is doing with the Elite x3 is part of a MUCH BIGGER PICTURE! The Elite x3 is an "endpoint device" in a large solution sell - just like the Surface and HP Elite series is, desktop computers are and ... yes, even IoT.

https://opendevelopment.verizonwireless.com/content/opendevelopment/English/device-showcase.html (THIS is ONLY in the last 30 days - YES, no Elite x3 listed yet, but several competitor smartphones!

We simply must get out of this "NARROW smartphone and Windows 10 Mobile" mentality and THING "out-of-the box"!

The HP Elite x3 on the Verizon Network IS NO LONGER ABOUT us as "consumers" but the whole IoT revolution at large.

WE - wearing BOTH our business hates and consumer hats - may benefit as we can have our cake and eat it too :)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just found this as we are also looking into IoT and there is a LOT "of recent certification activity" at Verizon. I am only posting this as another example that whatever HP is doing with the Elite x3 is part of a MUCH BIGGER PICTURE! The Elite x3 is an "endpoint device" in a large solution sell - just like the Surface and HP Elite series is, desktop computers are and ... yes, even IoT.

https://opendevelopment.verizonwireless.com/content/opendevelopment/English/device-showcase.html (THIS is ONLY in the last 30 days - YES, no Elite x3 listed yet, but several competitor smartphones!

We simply must get out of this "NARROW smartphone and Windows 10 Mobile" mentality and THING "out-of-the box"!

The HP Elite x3 on the Verizon Network IS NO LONGER ABOUT us as "consumers" but the whole IoT revolution at large.

WE - wearing BOTH our business hates and consumer hats - may benefit as we can have our cake and eat it too :)

Yes. The Elite X3 is at&t certified! Not like I thought though it is AT&T IoT certified...

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes. The Elite X3 is at&t certified! Not like I thought though it is AT&T IoT certified...

LOOK at ALL of the "smartphones" CERTIFID to run on Verizon!!!

Says 48 using a "smartphone filter"!

I mean, WTH is going on with HP getting the Elite x3 "Certified"???

Maybe they should "hire" someone that knows HOW to get this done - take you pick from all of the vendors listed below ...

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

https://opendevelopment.verizonwire...e=&voiceCapable=&wiFi=&ethernetPort=&uSBPort=

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
LOOK at ALL of the "smartphones" CERTIFID to run on Verizon!!!

Says 48 using a "smartphone filter"!

Maybe they should "hire" someone that knows HOW to get this done - take you pick from all of the vendors listed below ...

UNBELIEVABLE !!!

https://opendevelopment.verizonwire...e=&voiceCapable=&wiFi=&ethernetPort=&uSBPort=
Did we even know for sure that HP was intending to do so? Until proven otherwise I wouldn't expect it.

jec6613

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
According to the HP specs, the Elite x3 now works on Verizon: HP Elite x3| HP® United States

"Wireless
802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2)*WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 LE combo (Miracast supported)
NFC
WWAN: 2G GSM, CDMA (1x BC0/BC1)/3G WCDMA, HSPA, CDMA 1x EVDO/4G Verizon LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation
WWAN: 2G GSM/3G WCDMA, HSPA/4G LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation"

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
LOOK at ALL of the "smartphones" CERTIFID to run on Verizon!!! Says 48 using a "smartphone filter"!
UNBELIEVABLE !!!https://opendevelopment.verizonwirel...Port=&uSBPort=

Did we even know for sure that HP was intending to do so? Until proven otherwise I wouldn't expect it.

That page is for IoT certification. VZ Wireless Certification for its network use via SIM card is different than the Opendevelopment community of IoT devices.

A device has to be CDMA compatible with Verizon first to be able to be activated on the VZ network correct?...HP has already opened up CDMA on the latest FCC model (HSTNH-F606V), along with Band 13. All that is factual. When it gets certified by VZ or whether HP has it get certified by VZ for LTE use is in the air. If anything, the way HP did their first release, with a bit of advertising, I bet they do the same with VZ. But who knows...it needs to be official from HP or VZ as to when that model hits the shelf...

jec6613

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Check the quickspecs - according to HP, it's available on Verizon from 7/31/17 when it was last updated. I'm reaching out to my HP VAR to find out what the lead time is.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Check the quickspecs - according to HP, it's available on Verizon from 7/31/17 when it was last updated. I'm reaching out to my HP VAR to find out what the lead time is.

That is weird. I open the version on the site dated 7-31-2017 Version 18 but it opens version 17...
The LTE listing for Verizon is there and has been since the May document. Is the pdf you looked at having the Version 17 footer/footnote too?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
That is weird. I open the version on the site dated 7-31-2017 Version 18 but it opens version 17...
The LTE listing for Verizon is there and has been since the May document. Is the pdf you looked at having the Version 17 footer/footnote too?

Yeah, that is weird. If you try to select Version 17 which has the date 5-31-2017, it brings back and "Oops Nothing is Here" error page. Looks like they have Version 17 siting in the 18 place holder. Would be curious as to what new info Version 18 has. Maybe new specs or info for the Verizon model number?

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance Jec6613! Please do keep us posted of what your HP VAR says.

I also mentioned in the other post you started, It may also definitely be worth calling Verizon's Business Sales line and asking them about the availability of this phone and referencing the recently updated HP Quick Guide in the process. A few weeks ago, I think Nate W mentioned he had spoken to an HP Rep or contact that said the phone would only be available through Verizon channels and they had no idea when Verizon would make the phone available.

May just have to try and find someone at Big Red willing to provide further info... which is the equivalent of pulling elephant teeth.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site

Hey Nate, just an update. Looks like HP uploaded Version 18 of the quick guide (July 31, 2017) and moved Version 17 to the proper link.

The update seems to indicate they removed some info on a couple features, however all of the Verizon references are still intact. I'm thinking of making a call to Verizon's technical support team today and reference this document to see when (or if ever) current Elite X3s can be added to the network, or if there is another "version" being released that can eventually be added.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire