HP Elite X3 - Verizon hates us

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey Nate, just an update. Looks like HP uploaded Version 18 of the quick guide (July 31, 2017) and moved Version 17 to the proper link.

The update seems to indicate they removed some info on a couple features, however all of the Verizon references are still intact. I'm thinking of making a call to Verizon's technical support team today and reference this document to see when (or if ever) current Elite X3s can be added to the network, or if there is another "version" being released that can eventually be added.
Nice.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey Nate, just an update. Looks like HP uploaded Version 18 of the quick guide (July 31, 2017) and moved Version 17 to the proper link.

The update seems to indicate they removed some info on a couple features, however all of the Verizon references are still intact. I'm thinking of making a call to Verizon's technical support team today and reference this document to see when (or if ever) current Elite X3s can be added to the network, or if there is another "version" being released that can eventually be added.

GREAT FIND guys !!! I was hoping that "existing Elite x3 models" COULD BE upgraded, but it looks like Verizon HAS DONE their "typical" NEW MODEL BS ???

Screenshot (252).png

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
GREAT FIND guys !!! I was hoping that "existing Elite x3 models" COULD BE upgraded, but it looks like Verizon HAS DONE their "typical" NEW MODEL BS ???

View attachment 136961

That's what it's looking like at this point based on all info everyone has provided, especially thanks to Nate W.

As mentioned before, if Verizon is getting it's very own hardware version, it would be nice if they managed to get one with a slightly upgraded camera as that seems to be the main knock on this phone.

Only time will tell... hopefully not too much time though!

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Check the quickspecs - according to HP, it's available on Verizon from 7/31/17 when it was last updated. I'm reaching out to my HP VAR to find out what the lead time is.

Jec6613... any luck contacting your HP VAR rep about the Verizon enabled X3? Inquiring minds want to know :)

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, don't know if buying a phone that will run W10 M is a good bet right now. I guess if it were me, I'd like for my next windows phone purchase to be running the latest (whatever that might be) version of windows OS for devices. This would be a pretty hefty investment (even for businesses) in an OS that might only be sustainable in it' current state. Again, just my point of view.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, don't know if buying a phone that will run W10 M is a good bet right now. I guess if it were me, I'd like for my next windows phone purchase to be running the latest (whatever that might be) version of windows OS for devices. This would be a pretty hefty investment (even for businesses) in an OS that might only be sustainable in it' current state. Again, just my point of view.

Technically, the Elite x3 IS ARM but "not the new, under development Windows on ARM". The blogs say that a Qualcomm 835 "or greater" is a minimum technical requirement ... the Elite x3 is only a Qualcomm 820.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
They don't hate. A tiny speck of users isn't worth their time. Blame MS not Verizon

Sent from mTalk

I have been a Verizon customer for 14 years - I have seen it all play out and unfold firsthand - Verizon HATES Microsoft and therefore "any Microsoft users like us".

Sorry, Verizon "hated Apple many years ago" and then "jumped into bed with Apple. When they "originally ignored Steve Jobs" - many details have been written about this - AT&T welcomed Apple and "got an EXCLUSIVE for the iPhone for, as I recall, for 3 or 5 YEARS.

That's when Verizon jumped into bed with Google and HEAVILY promoted Android.

Microsoft "screwed up badly" and kept "killing their Windows Phones" ... with NO UPGRADE PATH. And, many articles and reports that Microsoft took a strong arm approach and Verizon is quite arrogant.

This was long BEFORE "the whole BYOD devices" took hold. To ME, I "should be able to BUY ANY smartphone or DEVICE" on Verizon's network as a result of the FCC 700 MHz C-Block AUCTION in March 2008 - yes, Microsoft blew it !!!

Once again ... MY perspective watching this for 14 years a s customer !!!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have been a Verizon customer for 14 years - I have seen it all play out and unfold firsthand - Verizon HATES Microsoft and therefore "any Microsoft users like us".

How do you figure? Isn't Verizon currently the only carrier selling a Microsoft phone?

It's probably more realistic to say that Verizon loves anyone/anything that will make them money. Same as AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, or any company in existence for that matter.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The Elite x3 will probably have support on the OS it will run into 2018 or 2019 at the latest. Microsoft's support cycle. But if you want the latest and greatest go for it...

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
EUREKA ... I guess HELL just froze over ... NateW, you and a few others "originaly" uncovered this and NOW it's reality!!!

NOW, IF I should buy or WAIT for the WoA "NEW DEVICE category"!

https://opendevelopment.verizonwireless.com/device-showcase?vendorId=369

Oh wow! So what does this mean exactly?! Haha! Can any Elite X3 be added, or does a new X3 model going to have to be purchased?

I clicked on the link for the X3 and, there is a section for "Contact Info" which has the following info:

Sales:
Rob Ayers

Phone:
(301) 503-7003

Email:
rob.ayers@hp.com

www.hp.com/go/networking

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Oh wow! So what does this mean exactly?! Haha! Can any Elite X3 be added, or does a new X3 model going to have to be purchased?

I clicked on the link for the X3 and, there is a section for "Contact Info" which has the following info:

Sales:
Rob Ayers

Phone:
(301) 503-7003

Email:
rob.ayers@hp.com

www.hp.com/go/networking

Great find! I haven't seen any "official announcements" from either HP or Verizon yet?

anywhereanytime

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site

Sales:
Rob Ayers

Phone:
(301) 503-7003

Email:
rob.ayers@hp.com

www.hp.com/go/networking

I just emailed Rob at HP ... and Tweeted Daniel Rubino - NOTHING on the wires yet that I have seen?

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I put this on the "Ask Dan thread" but it's an important update:

WOW ... I just called HP "SMB Sales" and the rep said *** YES ***, the HP Elite x3 IS IN STOCK and WORKS on Verizon ... the dock is separate and the phone is, as I recall, only 5% off currently.

He didn't know about EXITING HP Elite x3s WORKING on Verizon and referred me to a special phone number for Elite x3 "support" 1-866-635-1175

The said "NOT YET, WORKING ON IT" ... ONLY "NEW STOCK" works on BOTH Verizon and GSM - I asked her twice and she put me on hold to "verify".

SO ... "it appears" that all of the "reports" that ALL RADIOS were "onboard" was true!

Microsoft sure has some "explaining to do" as that really makes me angry to hear - IF TRUE!

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I put this on the "Ask Dan thread" but it's an important update:

WOW ... I just called HP "SMB Sales" and the rep said *** YES ***, the HP Elite x3 IS IN STOCK and WORKS on Verizon ... the dock is separate and the phone is, as I recall, only 5% off currently.

He didn't know about EXITING HP Elite x3s WORKING on Verizon and referred me to a special phone number for Elite x3 "support" 1-866-635-1175

The said "NOT YET, WORKING ON IT" ... ONLY "NEW STOCK" works on BOTH Verizon and GSM - I asked her twice and she put me on hold to "verify".

SO ... "it appears" that all of the "reports" that ALL RADIOS were "onboard" was true!

Microsoft sure has some "explaining to do" as that really makes me angry to hear - IF TRUE!

That is great news! I wonder if the X3 will be going on sale for HPs big Labor Day sale?

What number did you use for HP SMB Sales?

Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)