The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-04-2017 12:54 PM
118 1234 ...
tools
    so you are on HP version V2.00.07 (14393.221 AK)? now.
    10-19-2016 11:33 PM
    Just got the x3. I had Verizon, switched to cricket. They can't seem to get picture messages to send. I tried several sites, always says it can't send. Txt works good. I updated the phone and don't have any beta or fast ring. I installed all updates i could find.
    10-21-2016 06:24 AM
    https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1477...p_elite_x3.php

Those are the settings I'm currently using. Still can't get pictures to send : (
    10-21-2016 11:58 AM
    Have any of you found out a better SD card to use? I have a 32g sandisk. Every windows phone ive ever had with this kind of card boot up and state "THERE WERE ERRORS FOUND do you want to reformat the card?" (something along those lines). Now with my HP ELITE X3, it kicks it out randomly and I have to pull the tray out and put it back in, restart as well. Is there a better SD I need to be using for this phone and OS?
    10-21-2016 03:20 PM
    Just got the x3. I had Verizon, switched to cricket. They can't seem to get picture messages to send. I tried several sites, always says it can't send. Txt works good. I updated the phone and don't have any beta or fast ring. I installed all updates i could find.
    https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1477...p_elite_x3.php

Those are the settings I'm currently using. Still can't get pictures to send : (

Same as the site said except change these...
    • MMSC Port: 80
    • Maximum MMS Size: 10240

https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...ws-device.html
    10-21-2016 10:26 PM
    Same as the site said except change these...
    • MMSC Port: 80
    • Maximum MMS Size: 10240

https://www.cricketwireless.com/supp...ws-device.html
    Just can't get it to work. Not sure what else I can do. Didn't really want to use the beta o/s.
    Last edited by RumoredNow; 10-23-2016 at 10:06 AM. Reason: combined consecutive posts
    10-23-2016 09:53 AM
    Just can't get it to work. Not sure what else I can do. Didn't really want to use the beta o/s.
    Is there a local Cricket store where they can help you?
    10-23-2016 10:10 AM
    There is. I had it activated there. They gave up trying to make it work. However they did take pictures of the phone box and phone.
    10-23-2016 05:10 PM
    There is. I had it activated there. They gave up trying to make it work. However they did take pictures of the phone box and phone.
    I'll swap my SIM into a BYOD on Cricket and take some screen caps of my settings for APN/MMS and post them.

Likely tomorrow morning.
    10-23-2016 07:55 PM
    Anyone have an issue where the only apps available in notifications is Outlook and Store. Everything else is missing. So I can't change the sound or notifications on any apps other than Outlook and the Store.
    10-23-2016 11:14 PM
    I'll swap my SIM into a BYOD on Cricket and take some screen caps of my settings for APN/MMS and post them.

Likely tomorrow morning.
    I was able to send my first picture today. I hadn't changed anything since the last time I tried. Not sure why it is working now. I will post all my settings.
    wp_ss_20161024_0001.jpg
    wp_ss_20161024_0002.jpg
    wp_ss_20161024_0003.jpg
    wp_ss_20161024_0004.jpg
    10-24-2016 09:20 AM
    I will post all my settings.
    So I can confirm that all your settings match my last known to be good settings for a BYOP device on Cricket except for the following:

capture02.png
    10-24-2016 11:22 AM
    So I can confirm that all your settings match my last known to be good settings for a BYOP device on Cricket except for the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture02.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	131371
    . I was able to send 2 msgs with a picture. About 30 mins later the phone rebooted. Pictures no longer send. I put back the port, it still doesn't send.
    10-24-2016 11:35 AM
    Windows Hello stopped working for me. If I would use either finger print or iris scanner it would say "Looking for you." then "Hello, Scott." (My name.) That was followed quickly by "Sorry something went wrong. Please sign in with your pin.

My fix was starting over with Windows Hello. All Settings, Accounts, Sign-In options. Fingerprint remove. Iris remove.

I do have on the top of the Windows Hello screen in yellow "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." This does not seem to have any effect on anything.

OS Build: 10.0.14393.321
    10-26-2016 10:49 AM
    Have any of you found out a better SD card to use? I have a 32g sandisk. Every windows phone ive ever had with this kind of card boot up and state "THERE WERE ERRORS FOUND do you want to reformat the card?" (something along those lines). Now with my HP ELITE X3, it kicks it out randomly and I have to pull the tray out and put it back in, restart as well. Is there a better SD I need to be using for this phone and OS?
    I have had issues with iintermittent loss of SD card recognition. Seems the 2nd slot for use with either an SD card or 2nd SIM has issues. I moved my Sandisk 200GB card from my 950XL to the X3. Had to reformat the card. Tried exFAT first and didn't work (but could be a physical problem with SIM/SD tray) then reformatted to NTFS and reinstalled. So far seems to be OK, can't say why because new firmware also installed around this same time frame.
    10-27-2016 11:21 AM
    bought my phone at the Microsoft Ignite at launch and I believe it was the very first US handset sold. Perhaps another was on some corner near HP's shipping docks - but this one was through the MS Store. I had injured by Lumia 1520 and the conference scheduling app was kinda important to getting the most out of the trip ...I broke down and went for the new beast. Lots of problems!! Was it the hardware? Was it the restored configuration? ...All I know is the thing was nearly unusable as the screen kept locking randomnly while in use like typing a message for instance ...or during a phone call - can't hang up. The phone also froze as many as a dozen times during the course of a day requiring a lengthy hard shut down and boot sequence. Sometimes it asked to scan the SSD card for errors. It was rumored that a big update was coming and my hopes were that this was merely a software fix away from glorious mobile tech nirvana. After a number of disturbing missed calls and alarms not going off to wake me, I took the thing back to the local MS Store last night and asked for it to be replaced. So far 24 hours and only a small issue that was likely App created (WhatsApp specifically). So far I'm very happy to report that all seems golden and I up to the latest firmware ...etc.
    10-27-2016 09:01 PM

Likely tomorrow morning.
    I really appreciate the great lengths you went to help a stranger!

I was finally able to get it to work. Right now anyway. I have Default APN activated. I have deleted MMS APN. There is nothing there and it works. Hopefully it will continue to work ! I really like this phone!
    RumoredNow likes this.
    10-31-2016 02:28 PM
    Awesome sauce that you got it going.

I have Default APN activated. I have deleted MMS APN.
    What it might have done is just read it off the SIM and put it all under Default APN. LOL, usually Windows Phone needs lots of fiddling to get this stuff right for BYOD. We must be making progress. Yay Us!!!
    10-31-2016 09:32 PM
    I'm having trouble with my keyboard using Continuum. Generally Contiuum works great with Office on the Elite X3 but on a couple of login screens I needed to negotiate the keyboard displayed the wrong characters. I have a standard 101 USB keyboard and tried a couple of different units to prove it was not a faulty keyboard. The two characters that I observed displaying wrong were -
    Character @ displayed as "
    Character \ displayed as #
    The work around is to use the on screen keyboard to key these characters but that is awkward. Be nice to find a resolution.
    11-01-2016 10:02 PM
    I'm having trouble with my keyboard using Continuum. Generally Contiuum works great with Office on the Elite X3 but on a couple of login screens I needed to negotiate the keyboard displayed the wrong characters. I have a standard 101 USB keyboard and tried a couple of different units to prove it was not a faulty keyboard. The two characters that I observed displaying wrong were -
    Character @ displayed as "
    Character \ displayed as #
    The work around is to use the on screen keyboard to key these characters but that is awkward. Be nice to find a resolution.
    Sounds like you're somehow using the German QWERTZ keyboard on Continuum. If you're getting the regular English (US) keyboard on the phone itself, and you don't have a need to type in German, you might want to go through the Language or Region settings to remove all references to German.
    Andrew Pengelly likes this.
    11-02-2016 02:02 AM
    I didn't have a German keyboard but I did have both English (UK) and English (US) listed. I removed the (UK) version and that seems to have resolved the problem. I should also add that I change the Regional Format from Match Phone Language and forced it to English (NZ). Not sure if that had any influence or not. Anyway end result is that it is all appears to be working fine now so thanks for your help.
    11-02-2016 05:31 PM
    "I have Default APN activated. I have deleted MMS APN."

Thanks, this solved my problems with MMS.
    11-03-2016 01:26 AM
    Hello,
    I also run 2 SIM cards & at first I had this issue that the second SIM was not registering.
    I found out that when you slide the SIM tray, you have to keep a finger on the second SIM so the card will not slide a bit out of the tray & keep the SIM to be recognized.
    Also you will notice that you will be only able to get 2G out of the second SIM. No 3G No 4G No LTE.
    Hope it helps.
    Andrew Pengelly likes this.
    11-05-2016 11:58 PM
    Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone experiencing any problems with the HP Elite X3 and their Desk Dock.

When I put the Elite X3 on the Desk Dock cradle, my monitor doesn't fully display the Continuum screen; just less than half a screen. I would have to remove the phone and put it back in the cradle immediately, (adjusting it to see if the connection sticks, which sometimes it does, and the full screen appears).

I replaced the Display Port cable and even tried a different monitor. Still a problem.

Its annoying, and it happens every time. I am wondering if it is a hardware or software issue. Personally, I think its a bad Desk Dock, but I see that there is an HP app, Device HUB that can update the HP Desk Dock which could be a software issue on the Desk Dock. Thoughts?

I am also running the last version in Fast Ring Insider 10.0.14965.1001. And even in production, I would experience this connection problem with the Desk Dock.

Thanks.
    11-17-2016 02:50 PM
    Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone experiencing any problems with the HP Elite X3 and their Desk Dock.

When I put the Elite X3 on the Desk Dock cradle, my monitor doesn't fully display the Continuum screen; just less than half a screen. I would have to remove the phone and put it back in the cradle immediately, (adjusting it to see if the connection sticks, which sometimes it does, and the full screen appears).

I replaced the Display Port cable and even tried a different monitor. Still a problem.

It’s annoying, and it happens every time. I am wondering if it is a hardware or software issue. Personally, I think it’s a bad Desk Dock, but I see that there is an HP app, Device HUB that can update the HP Desk Dock which could be a software issue on the Desk Dock. Thoughts?

I am also running the last version in Fast Ring Insider 10.0.14965.1001. And even in production, I would experience this “connection” problem with the Desk Dock.

Thanks.
    Make sure the DisplayPort cable is pushed in all the way. Even if it feels like it's all the way in, push it in a little more.

Do you have any other ways of connecting your x3 to a display (such as a USB-C to DP cable)? That would help determine if it's the Desk Dock. If not, then exchanging the Desk Dock would be a good place to start, but other than that it's hard to narrow down if it's the x3, dock, software or hardware.
    11-17-2016 03:17 PM
118 1234 ...