HP Elite x3 Bugs + Defects

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. I can set down my idle phone on a table and it'll just start rebooting itself. Usually does 4-5 reboots and then it's back to normal. No updates are being installed. I am on Fast Insider ring, version 14393.221.

I dearly want to keep this phone, but if I'm expecting a phone call and the thing decides it's time to reboot... they need to get it tweaked up soon.

Maybe I'll go back to a non-Insider build as some others have suggested had good stability. The camera is stable for me though.

-m

Jf.Vigor

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Having a pretty major problem that seems to only be when I'm texting. The phone will lock up and become unresponsive to touch. I then have to soft reset the phone. My phone just did it 4 times in a row. I should note I am on release ring or insider updates. Anybody else having this problem? I understand it's probably more to do with the specific build (especially because I have not seen anyone else complain of it yet) than the phone.

invisik

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think I figured out the situation with my reboots.... If I am on the fringe of a Wifi connection, the phone will switch back and forth from Wifi to LTE repeatedly trying to get a connection. After a while of this, the phone reboots itself.

If I remove the Wifi connection, the phone does not reboot. I've done this a few times and it prevents the reboots each time...

Yes, where do we report these kinds of bugs? I am on 10.0.14393.321.

Thanks...

-m

PS I will also say I have the rugged case, and I have dropped it from holding it normally with no damage.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
A couple of times I have had problems with the fingerprint wake. I will get the "Hello, (Name)" message on a black screen, and then everything stops with no response to any further touches to the sensor or to the screen. A long press on the power button will shut the unit down, and when I reboot the phone will unlock with the required PIN entry and function properly.

In general the fingerprint unlock feels laggy compared to the iPhone or Nexus 6P unlock. Sometimes a second finger scan will be needed to complete the unlock process. Sometimes, but I would say not always, that is probably the result of poor finger placement on the sensor..

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I haven't seen this mentioned, so hopefully it's just a fluke defect, but I had an issue with crackly/static-y audio. And when i would press on the center of the screen (only needed a little more pressure than normal) the distortion would get much worse (to the point that you couldn't understand voices talking). Would only happen when pressing on the center of the screen though, not the outer edges. Very odd.

Sent it back, of course, and waiting for MS to get it so I can order another. Definitely has not put me off owning this phone though. I had it for about a week, and it's just amazing.

spillsworth

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Just got the x3. I had Verizon, switched to cricket. They can't seem to get picture messages to send. I tried several sites, always says it can't send. Txt works good. I updated the phone and don't have any beta or fast ring. I installed all updates i could find.

SunMan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Have any of you found out a better SD card to use? I have a 32g sandisk. Every windows phone ive ever had with this kind of card boot up and state "THERE WERE ERRORS FOUND do you want to reformat the card?" (something along those lines). Now with my HP ELITE X3, it kicks it out randomly and I have to pull the tray out and put it back in, restart as well. Is there a better SD I need to be using for this phone and OS?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Just got the x3. I had Verizon, switched to cricket. They can't seem to get picture messages to send. I tried several sites, always says it can't send. Txt works good. I updated the phone and don't have any beta or fast ring. I installed all updates i could find.

https://apn.gishan.net/settings/1477_22_cricket_apn_settings_for_hp_elite_x3.php

Those are the settings I'm currently using. Still can't get pictures to send : (

Same as the site said except change these...
  • MMSC Port: 80
  • Maximum MMS Size: 10240
https://www.cricketwireless.com/sup...d/customer/bring-your-own-windows-device.html

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is. I had it activated there. They gave up trying to make it work. However they did take pictures of the phone box and phone.

I'll swap my SIM into a BYOD on Cricket and take some screen caps of my settings for APN/MMS and post them.

Likely tomorrow morning.

jwiley9

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have an issue where the only apps available in notifications is Outlook and Store. Everything else is missing. So I can't change the sound or notifications on any apps other than Outlook and the Store.

spillsworth

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I'll swap my SIM into a BYOD on Cricket and take some screen caps of my settings for APN/MMS and post them.

Likely tomorrow morning.

I was able to send my first picture today. I hadn't changed anything since the last time I tried. Not sure why it is working now. I will post all my settings.
wp_ss_20161024_0001.jpg
wp_ss_20161024_0002.jpg
wp_ss_20161024_0003.jpg
wp_ss_20161024_0004.jpg

spillsworth

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Windows Hello stopped working for me. If I would use either finger print or iris scanner it would say "Looking for you." then "Hello, Scott." (My name.) That was followed quickly by "Sorry something went wrong. Please sign in with your pin.

My fix was starting over with Windows Hello. All Settings, Accounts, Sign-In options. Fingerprint remove. Iris remove.

I do have on the top of the Windows Hello screen in yellow "Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown." This does not seem to have any effect on anything.

OS Build: 10.0.14393.321

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Have any of you found out a better SD card to use? I have a 32g sandisk. Every windows phone ive ever had with this kind of card boot up and state "THERE WERE ERRORS FOUND do you want to reformat the card?" (something along those lines). Now with my HP ELITE X3, it kicks it out randomly and I have to pull the tray out and put it back in, restart as well. Is there a better SD I need to be using for this phone and OS?
I have had issues with iintermittent loss of SD card recognition. Seems the 2nd slot for use with either an SD card or 2nd SIM has issues. I moved my Sandisk 200GB card from my 950XL to the X3. Had to reformat the card. Tried exFAT first and didn't work (but could be a physical problem with SIM/SD tray) then reformatted to NTFS and reinstalled. So far seems to be OK, can't say why because new firmware also installed around this same time frame.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss