[Real Users] My HP Elite X3 Review

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It has great audio quality over the headphones. Even the ones provided by HP are good.

How could we truly quantify that? Like the frequency response or noise over the channel produced or not? I think it puts out a even balanced sound from the headphone jack from my perspective but I only use that part of it to connect to my car stereo.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the review. I just got an Elite X3 from having a 950XL (I am not ready to abandon Windows Mobile) and I just wanted to share my initial thoughts. Even though HP has abandoned W10M, which was obvious, I have to say I do like the phone. It's far faster than the 950XL and the fingerprint scanner addition is good too. It's a nice upgrade (for me) over my 950XL and even though HP has abandoned it and I am very late to this party, I just wanted to post this and say that the phone itself is good, even if many will ignore it due to the W10M OS, which is a shame.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Have been a day old user and WOWSERS! this thing blows the current date flagships out of water in spite of being 2 years old. Now that's innovation.

My report:

Call Quality - 8/10 (had made a few yesterday)

Screen Real Estate Usage - 9/10

Sound - 9.5/10

Overall OS integration and stability - 8/10

Performance - 7/10
(There was some occasional stutter here and there while accessing the Market Place)

Battery Life - Don't know yet as I haven't used it for the whole day but just a few hours.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
HP’s Elite x3 smartphone has achieved at least one thing: It has triumphantly realized Microsoft’s dream of phones that could eventually replace your PC.

Microsoft’s vision was meaningless unless those phones could support the PC’s legacy apps. Microsoft’s Continuum feature already allows you to connect a mouse and keyboard, giving the phone the look and feel of a desktop PC. HP designed the Elite x3 to evolve that concept. Pick any Win32 app you’d like—Photoshop, AutoCAD, even Chrome—and HP’s new Workspace feature will allow it to be run via your phone. Combine that with stellar battery life, truly useful utilities, and an (almost) elite set of hardware specs, and you indeed have a PC in your pocket.

It’s a pity, then, that all this comes at a very elite, PC-like price. These costs relegate the Elite x3 to corporate use, where an IT department foots the bill.

sorry I know this is an old post, but now it is just 300$ sold by Microsoft.

squibcakes

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I loooooove my Elite x3. I actually have two of them and would like to sell one. They are both great but I don't need two of them. Would anybody like to buy one? I have to get an Android phone for apps that I just can't get. I ordered the Mirabook so I'd still like to keep one of my x3 phones. Let me know if you are interested. Always had a screen protector and kept in a case - in great condition.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I loooooove my Elite x3. I actually have two of them and would like to sell one. They are both great but I don't need two of them. Would anybody like to buy one? I have to get an Android phone for apps that I just can't get. I ordered the Mirabook so I'd still like to keep one of my x3 phones. Let me know if you are interested. Always had a screen protector and kept in a case - in great condition.

need to post in the market place section! :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz