06-14-2017 12:54 AM
189 ... 45678
tools
    Call recording is available? Thanks.
    09-01-2016 11:25 PM
    Do you think the Elite stands out? What would you do to make it even better?
    09-02-2016 07:51 AM
    I guess the dual sim doesn't support dual 3g/4g connections?
    09-04-2016 04:44 PM
    I guess the dual sim doesn't support dual 3g/4g connections?
    It never has before in WP or W10M. I wouldn't think the Elite X3 breaks that mold.
    09-05-2016 10:18 AM
    Anyone know if the elite x3 is able to utilize the full 4gb of RAM on redstone? 1511 is still a 32bit build.
    09-05-2016 03:57 PM
    I'm on 10.0.10586.545. That's not the Anniversery update, is it?

• Does anyone else experience problems using WhatsApp Web?
    • Is this fixed in the Anniversery Update?
    • Does the Anniversery Update enable the finger print scanner?
    • Does the Anniversery Update fix my phone crashing everytime I want to use a photo I took?
    • Will Continuum with a random HP laptop work again with the Anniversary Update?
      (I can't get it to work with this phone, but it did work on another phone running build 10.0.14393.67)
    09-06-2016 06:01 AM
    No it is not. 10.0.14393.xxx is the AU.
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    09-06-2016 10:52 AM
    It never has before in WP or W10M. I wouldn't think the Elite X3 breaks that mold.
    I thought it was a hardware limitation
    09-06-2016 11:08 AM
    That is an OLD build.

I'm stuck on that on my One M8 for some stupid reason. Even my slower, older 1520 has 14095.1000 on it.
    09-06-2016 11:26 AM
    HP's Display Dock has vague specs regarding displayport output capability.

Can you confirm the maximum screen resolution of the Display Dock?

Can it do:
    2560x1440 @ 60hz?
    3840x2160 @ 60hz?

Does the user experience degrade at either screen resolution? Mouse performance, keystroke responsiveness, opening new browser tabs, etc.
    09-07-2016 02:27 AM
    Do you have whatsapp? :) Can it scan a whatsapp web QR code? Just trying to help out this guy :)
    fermagodiez likes this.
    09-08-2016 12:07 AM
    Any concrete answer to this?

Does it support dual connection of 4g plus 3 pg at the same time?
    09-08-2016 11:32 AM
    • Many people have the WhatsApp problem. It works on other (windows) phones.
    • Bing Vision and the QR scanning functionality has been removed altogether.
    • The photo/crashing problem is alse wide spread. The one Android feature I DON'T need.
    • Continuum does not work like it should.
    • I cannot protect my logon with finger prints.

But I found some more problems.

• My company uses Microsofts Hosted Exchange Service.
      If I want to forward a mail, Outlook needs to first completely download it.
      Then, I click forward, it waits. The moving dots, as if it is downloading the attachment again. Except it isn't.
    • Telegram won't attach photos you just took. The confirmation button stays disabled. It works on other (windows) phones.

So spend almost 1000 euros for a phone especially made for business.
    You juist cannot use specific business features, and there's problems with mail and messinging apps.

Does the anniversery update fix any of these things?
    09-08-2016 04:05 PM
    Fingerprint reader works on Anniversary Update. Continuum works fine for Windows PCs with certified Miracast/Intel Wi-Di, others may not be as reliable. Windows 10 mobile apparently does not support external displays above full HD (the dock and phone have capable hardware but it requires OS support). OS does not support RAM above 3.5GB.
    09-08-2016 04:14 PM
    • Many people have the WhatsApp problem. It works on other (windows) phones.
    • My company uses Microsofts Hosted Exchange Service.
      If I want to forward a mail, Outlook needs to first completely download it.
      Then, I click forward, it waits. The moving dots, as if it is downloading the attachment again. Except it isn't.her (windows) phones.
    Out of curiosity - do you have "Automatically download external images and style formats" checked for the account with your hosted exchange email? My organization has 77,000 accounts on hosted exchange. I've been using various Windows and Android devices and find that there's no issue as long as that option is checked.

I'm curious how people use What's App. I downloaded it but can't see why I'd use it instead of messaging.

How are others feeling about this? My 950XL is coming back to me on Saturday from warranty repair. While I had high-hopes for a 5.7 to 6" device with a front-facing speaker, I'm beginning to wonder.

Since I'm using my One M8 as my daily driver I've become keenly aware how often I use the camera button during the day. I will regularly take pictures of whiteboards or other items using OfficeLens into OneNote.

screenshot374.jpg

That used to be easy on the 950XL but with the OneM8, I now have to swipe down and press the camera item.
    09-08-2016 05:21 PM
    I'm curious how people use What's App. I downloaded it but can't see why I'd use it instead of messaging.
    works on wifi when there's no cell service, way easier to manage with nicer quality pictures, videos... lots of groups. I have stuff like hockey chat group, bbq group, hockey pool group, smaller groups with different groups of friends. Travel groups so when your on a trip with some people, do a whatsapp group and know if people are checking messages Group management, monitor, add/remove, assign multiple admins for groups... Name your groups, put a picture for your group for really easy identifcation, send location or whatever desired location you want to pick really easily, I whatsapp call long d people for free... the whole suite of tools are just better and all built in.

mms often doesn't work with some competing providers.
    09-09-2016 12:27 AM
    Oh and web WhatsApp is awesome
    09-09-2016 02:29 AM
    Out of curiosity - do you have "Automatically download external images and style formats" checked for the account with your hosted exchange email? My organization has 77,000 accounts on hosted exchange. I've been using various Windows and Android devices and find that there's no issue as long as that option is checked..
    Thanks, I will try that workaround. I'd rather not have to increase my data plan. I'm not opening the attachments anyway, when I'm on the road. 'm really hoping the anniversary update

Seriously? It combines the simplicity of messaging with the flexibility of e-mail. You're able to send all kinds of attachments, like photos and your current location at the push of a button. Plus, for many people messaging is way more expensive. Personally I prefer Telegram, because it has a better desktop app. It behaves more like what MSN Messenger used to be. But to be able to communicate you need to use what everybody else is using. No use finding my Facebook friends on Google+.
    09-12-2016 03:13 AM
    works on wifi when there's no cell service, way easier to manage with nicer quality pictures, videos...
    OIC. I will have to see who might be on it.

I just got my 950XL back and am so happy to have glance screen again. I didn't realize how much I missed that while using my OneM8. Dual-sim also, as i have my personal SIM on T-Mobile and my work SIM on AT&T.

Noticed that my son has essentially what is glance screen on his Samsung Note 7. Don't know why any phone manufacturere can't do this as long as they have an OLED screen.

Here's his note 7 -

screenshot381.jpg
    09-12-2016 12:57 PM
    There is a feature similar to Glance but it requires the HP Display Tools app to run in the foreground. When the app is open, the phone will switch to a screen similar to the Glance screen (date/time/battery with the rest of the screen off) and then lock after a certain amount of time. It is intended to be used with the Desk Dock (the app launches automatically when docked) but you can use it at any time.
    Not exactly the Glance screen that is on Lumia, but it is something.
    libra89, spillsworth and aximtreo like this.
    09-13-2016 07:43 PM
    That's cool to know...thanks!
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-13-2016 11:55 PM
    Good to knew thx
    09-14-2016 12:24 AM
    There is a feature similar to Glance but it requires the HP Display Tools app to run in the foreground. .
    Interesting. Wonder if it can stay on all night when charging.

HP Elite x3 will include a number of exclusive Windows 10 Mobile apps | Windows Central
    RumoredNow and aximtreo like this.
    09-14-2016 05:54 PM
    The question everybody is burning to ask ....

When's The Great Windowscentral Elite X3 Giveaway?!?
    Not that I'm salivating at the chance to win, of course. I'm just the itsy bit curious is all. Just slightly.
    RumoredNow and Jakoh like this.
    09-14-2016 07:32 PM
    When will this update be released to the general public? I read sep 13 somewhere, so I'm checking for available updates like 20 times a day.

(I'm postponing my final review of the phone, because reportedly most problems I have now will be fixed.)
    09-15-2016 03:02 AM
189 ... 45678