06-14-2017 12:54 AM
189 ... 5678
tools
    Yes I have my x3 updated however fingerprint scanner is still not an option in the settings? When I updated it did say it was the anniversary update but all I have noticed is a smoother experience when switching between apps. Still massive camera bugs and phone restarting and not fingerprint scanner. This was the phone to change me over from android but I was shocked by the fact a phone was released and seems like it still had 6 months of bug fixes to sort out, wouldn't get this if I stuck to upgrading my galaxy notes but hopefully these issues can be fixed soon and I remain a microsoft convert because the features that do work are really cool and the phone itself feels great
    09-17-2016 09:37 PM
    Hope you can stick it out. Check around on the forums. You will find some answers in sure. Thanks for your input!
    09-17-2016 11:26 PM
    Yes I have my x3 updated however fingerprint scanner is still not an option in the settings? When I updated it did say it was the anniversary update but all I have noticed is a smoother experience when switching between apps. Still massive camera bugs and phone restarting and not fingerprint scanner. This was the phone to change me over from android but I was shocked by the fact a phone was released and seems like it still had 6 months of bug fixes to sort out, wouldn't get this if I stuck to upgrading my galaxy notes but hopefully these issues can be fixed soon and I remain a microsoft convert because the features that do work are really cool and the phone itself feels great
    How do you feel the size of it is when holding it? The x3 measures bigger than the plus series of iPhone. That's why I'm reluctant on trying to get this.
    09-19-2016 04:59 PM
    How do you feel the size of it is when holding it? The x3 measures bigger than the plus series of iPhone. That's why I'm reluctant on trying to get this.
    Yes it is a big phone, very big. If you don't like big phones you wont like it. I have always used the note series since they came out and now I hate watching movies or youtube on my note compared to this, and the front facing speaker just makes it all that much better as well. Even just surfing the web is so much better, you get more real estate. Word and onenote are actually usable without having to use continuum the screen is big enough that you don't feel cramped
    09-19-2016 06:31 PM
    If you can, get hold of a 1520. That's the same size Windows phone. Unfortunately, it doesn't stack up to a newer device. I was using one after my 950xl broke and was waiting for warranty repair. Man it felt slow!

Now, however, the 950xl feels small after using the 1520 for awhile. Things are much easier to read and do on the 6" device.

Microsoft also has the ability to quickly resize the keyboard for one-handed use if needed. Hold down the space key and the keyboard becomes floating. Drag it to a corner and it resizes. I don't recall SwiftKey having that.

How to Reposition the Keyboard in Windows 10 Mobile Devices

There's also one-handed use options, which I used on my 1520 when walking my dog -

How to use one-handed mode in Windows 10 Mobile | Windows Central
    RumoredNow and aximtreo like this.
    09-19-2016 06:43 PM
    I just got a FW update with a version 0002.0000.0018.0105. There's no info about it available. Does anybody know what's in it?
    nate0 likes this.
    11-22-2016 03:05 PM
    I just got a FW update with a version 0002.0000.0018.0105. There's no info about it available. Does anybody know what's in it?
    Where are you located (region)? That's a new version...I'm not aware of the report on it yet. Anyone else?

sent by mTalk
    11-22-2016 03:09 PM
    No new features in this update. Just some smaller bug fixes I think, don't know exactly what was changed/fixed though.
    It now shows status of both SIMs permanently in the status bar, even when SIM 2 is missing ("No service"). Don't know if this was a Windows update or firmware, but it's there now.
    11-22-2016 03:13 PM
    No new features in this update. Just some smaller bug fixes I think, don't know exactly what was changed/fixed though.
    It now shows status of both SIMs permanently in the status bar, even when SIM 2 is missing ("No service"). Don't know if this was a Windows update or firmware, but it's there now.
    Hmm. The x3 I own always has shown both SIMs in the status...UPDATE: I see what you mean! :) Yep I am downloading the update too. Thanks for the heads up Ivan05il!
    Last edited by Nate W; 11-22-2016 at 04:14 PM.
    11-22-2016 03:15 PM
    Yeah, I see it has the text now too compared to a device without the new firmware.
    Attached Thumbnails groupme_20161122_173546.png  
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-22-2016 04:36 PM
    Do not see it here on the Fast Ring. Daniel, can you see it on the insider one?
    11-22-2016 04:52 PM
    Hello All. I am a novice. I have an hp elite x3 with probably the original firmware. Every time I go to settings/update/ search for update. All I receive is your phone is up to date. How do I go about getting the newest firmware. Can someone send me a link or step by step directions.
    Last edited by ven07; 11-22-2016 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Removing personal information
    11-22-2016 06:29 PM
    Hello All. I am a novice. I have an hp elite x3 with probably the original firmware. Every time I go to settings/update/ search for update. All I receive is your phone is up to date. How do I go about getting the newest firmware. Can someone send me a link or step by step directions.
    Don't post personal info :) If someone knows they will get to you and you will be notified. You can even subscribe to the thread if you like
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    11-22-2016 06:39 PM
    will we ever get live photos on the x3 since its on every Microsoft phone .. ?
    11-22-2016 07:02 PM
    you need to go to system an about and under device info the last firmware is 0002.0000.0014.0100 a new version has been release but for some of us on the fast ring or due to your location it will be awhile before we receive it
    11-22-2016 07:05 PM
    Hi,can anyone help me that i cant log in my yahoo mail account into Outlook,it keep saying my yahoo mail out-of-date ...love this fone and i dont want to return it...thanks
    11-27-2016 07:50 PM
    Hi,can anyone help me that i cant log in my yahoo mail account into Outlook,it keep saying my yahoo mail out-of-date ...love this fone and i dont want to return it...thanks
    I have no solution but I was having that problem on my Windows 10 desktop (I'm on insider preview). I would do the steps to "fix" it, but every time I restarted my computer it would come back. I finally gave up and I'm now accessing my Yahoo account from a browser. I never set it up on my phone because it's not my primary email. I generally use it for game sites. I guess what I'm saying is that I think it's a problem in Outlook, not the phone.
    11-28-2016 12:00 AM
    Did it work at all? Sometimes after OS or app update it starts doing this, it happened to me with office365 and IMAP accounts and the only way to fix it was to remove the account and add it again.
    11-28-2016 08:43 AM
    Thanks for the help but it still not working ...so sad
    11-29-2016 01:19 AM
    Thanks for the help but it still not working ...so sad
    Do you use two step authentication? In that case you may need to generate an app password for Outlook instead of using your standard password if Outlook does not ask for the code.
    11-29-2016 08:18 AM
    just ordered my X3, when i get it should i just do release preview or fast ring?
    11-29-2016 10:54 AM
    just ordered my X3, when i get it should i just do release preview or fast ring?
    Depends on you.
    Are you fault and / or bug tolerant? Do you submit feedback? Fast ring.
    Do you use the leather case with the flap (crashes the phone for some on current fast ring release when using auto on and off when opening and closing) or do not like bugs? Release preview.

No offense whatsoever meant, but if you ask this question, maybe RP Ring is the right place :)
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-29-2016 02:49 PM
    Fast Ring or get out!.

But you have to post a Ninja Cat picture for Dona.
    11-29-2016 03:35 PM
    Does the fingerprint reader on the x3 work, or is it something they are working on fixing.
    11-30-2016 12:56 PM
    Does the fingerprint reader on the x3 work, or is it something they are working on fixing.
    The one I got had a fingerprint reader working out of the box. It got 1 MS cumulative update and 1 HP FW update since. After sorting out an SD problem it works pretty fine now, but I don't use it extensively.
    mstrblueskys and aximtreo like this.
    11-30-2016 11:38 PM
189 ... 5678