Ask Me Anything: HP Elite x3 with Anniversary Update

Zac Bowden

Windows Central Senior Editor
Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
What's your first impressions on the camera compared to the Lumia 950 series?

Capable shooter, but not as great as the Lumia series. This is to be expected, however. As I've mentioned previously, current pre-launch firmware is a mess when it comes to the camera, focusing is slow, taking photos is slow, camera crashes often. Hopefully will be rectified in upcoming firmware.

Zac Bowden

Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
Does it work with the Lumia Display Dock? Is the Desk Dock's included USB-C cable compatible with the Lumia Display Dock?

(I lost my USB C-to-C cable :'()

Right now, no. The Elite x3 works only with its specific Desk Dock, and doesn't come with a USB-C to USB-C cable.

eashwar

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi Zac,

I have a Lumia 930 and it becomes hot as hell for even a minimal usage. Since X3 is a metal bodied device too, how's the heat distribution when you're running 5-6 apps simultaneously?

Can you please tell me the battery drain rate?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
USB drives will show up in the File Explorer app, you can even connect multiple with any normal USB hub. Mice and keyboards seem to work too. If you really want to, you can use a mouse on the phone's screen, the cursor does show up there. Could be useful for web browsing, on sites with small text links.

This may be a bit of a random question but would you be willing to post the hardware revision and firmware revision? Just curious. :wink:

Zac Bowden

Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
Hi Zac,

I have a Lumia 930 and it becomes hot as hell for even a minimal usage. Since X3 is a metal bodied device too, how's the heat distribution when you're running 5-6 apps simultaneously?

Can you please tell me the battery drain rate?

The x3 is not metal, instead it's plastic. So no, heat has not yet become an issue.

Battery is lasting a day easily with heavy usage, don't have any more specific numbers on that just yet but stay tuned :)

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Comparing the elite x3 to the Lumia 1520. Would you say that the camera of the 1520 is better, same, worse? How about the display and display brightness (Clear Black) etc?

Zac Bowden

Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
Comparing the elite x3 to the Lumia 1520. Would you say that the camera of the 1520 is better, same, worse? How about the display and display brightness (Clear Black) etc?

1520 has a better camera, as will most high-end Lumia's over the Elite x3.

Display on the x3 is excellent, it's crisp and clear and is an AMOLED screen (So yes, Clear Black). Brightness is great indoors, and "okay" outside. I can see the screen when outside, but it's nothing like the technology found in the Lumia's.

saeed al amoudi

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Zac thx for doing this ,,

What do you think of the brightness on the device when using it outside in the daylight ?

And I am guessing the sound quality when calling someone are good ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786