Ask Me Anything: HP Elite x3 with Anniversary Update

Zac Bowden

Windows Central Senior Editor
Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
Which Iris Scanner is Best? Elite X3 or 950 XL or Samsung S7?
Comparison between Fingerprint scanner of Elite X3 and Oneplus3 and Iphone?

Elite x3 and 950 Iris Scanner seem on par, maybe the x3 is a tiny bit faster but nothing notable.

Don't have an iPhone/OnePlus on me to compare with.

scionluna

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
The speakers are forward facing, which is excellent. What that means is the sound is blasted directly at your face rather than away from you, which means sound is a lot clearer. Unfortunately, I can't say these are the best speakers I've ever heard on a phone. They get loud, real loud, but at full blast I can hear a slight rattle when high pitched noises are playing.

At more sensible levels however, audio sounds good. In short, not the best, not the worst.

Are they dual facing speakers or simply one front facing?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Note to @Zac Biwden... Posts #56 and #60 had to be approved from Moderation so you may have missed them last time you went to new posts in the thread.

Zac Bowden

Windows Central Senior Editor
Staff member
Apr 25, 2016
windowscentral.com
Hi Zac thx for doing this ,,

What do you think of the brightness on the device when using it outside in the daylight ?

And I am guessing the sound quality when calling someone are good ?

Sound quality is good. Brightness is okay in daylight, nothing like the Lumia line, but better than most other handsets.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
1)Fast Ring Insider eligible? 2) Qi chargerable? 3) How heavy? I was thinking of using a magnetic car mount. 4) The X3 looks noticably faster and more fluid than my 950 XL, but does it feel that way? 5) Any issues on website or email rendering? That still drives me crazy on my current device. And 6) Any cases or accessories available yet, and if not, when?

Thanks. Lucky!

kelvinrennie

May 20, 2014
Visit site
What about the glance screen feature, would it be included in with a future update for the HP elite x3 or does the device totally doesn't support glance screen?

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for doing this, Zach.

One question I have is just generally: Stylus? I've seen a lot of pics with one. I guess the first question is, is it still going to be a thing? If yes, then have you used it yet? If yes, then how is it?

Thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1)Fast Ring Insider eligible? 2) Qi chargerable? 3) How heavy? I was thinking of using a magnetic car mount. 4) The X3 looks noticably faster and more fluid than my 950 XL, but does it feel that way? 5) Any issues on website or email rendering? That still drives me crazy on my current device. And 6) Any cases or accessories available yet, and if not, when?

Thanks. Lucky!

1) It isn't supported by WDRT as of yet so I would not risk Insider.
2) Qi and PMA built in
3) 0.43lb (195g) - you would need to stick on the mount as the body is plastic
4) don't have either to compare
5) see #4
6) HP is releasing a whole slew of accessories. Stylus/cases (multiple)/screen protector in tempered glass and anti glare plastic. Check here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/hp-elite-x3/432145-hp-elite-x3-accessories-specs-features.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb