Ask Me Anything: HP Elite x3 with Anniversary Update

paulrhein

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Hello All. I am a novice. I have an hp elite x3 with probably the original firmware. Every time I go to settings/update/ search for update. All I receive is your phone is up to date. How do I go about getting the newest firmware. Can someone send me a link or step by step directions.

Last edited by a moderator:

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello All. I am a novice. I have an hp elite x3 with probably the original firmware. Every time I go to settings/update/ search for update. All I receive is your phone is up to date. How do I go about getting the newest firmware. Can someone send me a link or step by step directions.

Don't post personal info :) If someone knows they will get to you and you will be notified. You can even subscribe to the thread if you like

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
you need to go to system an about and under device info the last firmware is 0002.0000.0014.0100 a new version has been release but for some of us on the fast ring or due to your location it will be awhile before we receive it

Candy_girl2008

Nov 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi,can anyone help me that i cant log in my yahoo mail account into Outlook,it keep saying my yahoo mail out-of-date :crying:...love this fone and i dont want to return it...thanks

editguy

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,can anyone help me that i cant log in my yahoo mail account into Outlook,it keep saying my yahoo mail out-of-date :crying:...love this fone and i dont want to return it...thanks

I have no solution but I was having that problem on my Windows 10 desktop (I'm on insider preview). I would do the steps to "fix" it, but every time I restarted my computer it would come back. I finally gave up and I'm now accessing my Yahoo account from a browser. I never set it up on my phone because it's not my primary email. I generally use it for game sites. I guess what I'm saying is that I think it's a problem in Outlook, not the phone.

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Did it work at all? Sometimes after OS or app update it starts doing this, it happened to me with office365 and IMAP accounts and the only way to fix it was to remove the account and add it again.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
just ordered my X3, when i get it should i just do release preview or fast ring?
Depends on you.
Are you fault and / or bug tolerant? Do you submit feedback? Fast ring.
Do you use the leather case with the flap (crashes the phone for some on current fast ring release when using auto on and off when opening and closing) or do not like bugs? Release preview.

No offense whatsoever meant, but if you ask this question, maybe RP Ring is the right place :)

Ivan05il

May 3, 2013
Visit site
Does the fingerprint reader on the x3 work, or is it something they are working on fixing.
The one I got had a fingerprint reader working out of the box. It got 1 MS cumulative update and 1 HP FW update since. After sorting out an SD problem it works pretty fine now, but I don't use it extensively.

yvsmadhav

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
Looks like the X3 is the last in the line of powerful Windows powered mobiles. Is it worth buying the device when iOS and Android devices have more to offer?

mstrblueskys

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the X3 is the last in the line of powerful Windows powered mobiles. Is it worth buying the device when iOS and Android devices have more to offer?

Okay, to address the first claim - there's no evidence that the Elite x3 is 'the last in the line of powerful Windows powered mobiles." In fact, there's evidence that there will be future releases, specifically from Microsoft. It's the most powerful right now, so it'd be a good one to buy. Microsoft has insisted it's committed to supporting

Also, as far as 'more to offer' out of Android and iOS, that's obviously a claim of use. I'm a long time Android user who switched when the Lumia 950 was released, and I haven't been able to switch away, despite trying phones like the iPhone 7, Galaxy S7 Edge, and OnePlus 3. To me, I can't figure out why you'd use an iOS or Android device when Windows Phone has so much to offer. I love Continuum and the Microsoft camera app. I think the Windows UI is definitely the best, and remembering back to the early Windows Phones, it does save me time to look down and immediately see the information I need so I can put my phone away. It's something that drives me nuts about the other mobile OSs.

But, I also subscribe to Office 365. I have my TB of OneDrive space that I use to back up my photos (even on Android) and it's also where I store and edit my documents. I have the Lapdock, a Huawei travel dock, and the HP desk dock, too. And I think snapchat is lame. ;)

But yeah, Microsoft doesn't offer less - it's just offering something different, which you'll find users here appreciate and openly advocate for. It's not without its challenges, but it's a good, growing system that is supported by one of the biggest companies in the world, and they say it's here to stay.

Edit: silly hyperlink to video tool. Totally interrupts the post. I fixed it, but where it says, "remembering back to the early Windows Phone," imagine this video hyperlinked: https://youtu.be/jdpQir1sqiQ

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Re: HP Elite X3 Official US Price $699

Anyone know if the elite x3 is able to utilize the full 4gb of RAM on redstone? 1511 is still a 32bit build.

In a comment to an old question that we all know the answer to...why are the Idol 4s and Elite X3 both equipped with 4GB of RAM? Is it because it looks good on paper, is it in preparation for something, is it easier then making a 3.5GB soc? Just curious, if anyone is listening and wants to chime in...:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb