Sold out concert mate... X3

4everForever

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
It possible to have a false positive, maybe they have only less than 1000 unit in store. They never revealed the actual units that had been ordered.

treiz

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
ordered mine from HP at 9:23a on 9/6, the order was marked shipped just now and I should have it today 9/8 to replace my 1520.
This is a momentous occasion as this will be the first HP product I have purchased since they sank my beloved WebOS. They are finally off my $hit-list.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
ordered mine from HP at 9:23a on 9/6, the order was marked shipped just now and I should have it today 9/8 to replace my 1520.
This is a momentous occasion as this will be the first HP product I have purchased since they sank my beloved WebOS. They are finally off my $hit-list.

My first laptop was an HP :D

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I still use a HP probook 4730s.... resilient little machine.

Going back on topic, it would be interesting to see how many units were actually sold.

Just dislike the fact that it takes a "bit" of work to upgrade HP's..

We'll have to wait for official numbers to get any sort of an idea

Jakoh

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
after some company said that WM will have .1% market share by 2020 i wondered how could M$ fix that. Then i thought they should come up with a niche and work from there. Then i thought X3 is that niche But WM10 is not there yet. Sure it has continuum but It could be a work device that works seamlessly with work things (outlook/office/active directory).
Its retarded to think that VMware on my android is what i use for work outlook mail on my android and it just doesn't work half the time, though it has gotten better.
Come one WM10 make it work for Work. Its your only chance.

Y2HBK

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to our enterprise HP rep today. This is a false positive. Production was halted for some "unforeseen circumstance." They expect production to be back in full swing by the last week of the month. There were not many units that made it out the door, at least in the US. They can't even get demo units out to their enterprise customers right now.

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

P-Chan!

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I spoke to our enterprise HP rep today. This is a false positive. Production was halted for some "unforeseen circumstance." They expect production to be back in full swing by the last week of the month. There were not many units that made it out the door, at least in the US. They can't even get demo units out to their enterprise customers right now.

My employer is a reseller, and we buy from distributors. They have the HP Elite X3 SKU'd up in their online store. I have been watching availability for awhile. Until this week it had been dated as being available about now, but most of them pushed back availability to the middle of October.

treiz

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site

Read it and weep! False positive in hand!

WP_20160909_20_13_49_Pro_zpsfdvezpzq.jpg

So far so good! Seems faster too! I gave my mom my 950XL and I was able to slightly modify my 1520 silicon kickstand case to fit the X3! The charger port lines up perfect, and the camera nearly 100% clears the edge of the speaker hole on the back of the case, will have to trim a mm or so, and I just trimmed open the side to expose the buttons since they don't line up. It will do until the X3 cases hit the market.

Post if you have any questions, I'll watch this thread.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss