How many with X3?

gamo62

Feb 23, 2016
Visit site
I got the phone last Friday. And I got the Folio yesterday. Very nice. When you close the lid, it turns off the screen. So far, so good. Very powerful phone. I have a little over the weeks to test it out. Trying to figure out how to use wallet. Not sure if I need a secure Nano SIM.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday in the UK and my silicone case is arriving today......hopefully. The packaging is absolutely fantastic and yet, total overkill for a mobile phone and dock!!
I have set it up fresh and didn't use any back ups from my 950xl. I decided to wait to see if the AU arrives today as expected, if not I will join the Insider program again and update it that way. It is definitely in need of an update, too many crashes (camera) and lock up's at the moment. The hardware is awesome though and I'm sure it will greatly improve in the fututre

josephan

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I got mine on Saturday. Very happy with the phone. Hoping updates/firmware will help the camera, Waiting for a folio case. Some apps gave me problems when installing onto sd card so reinstalled on phone. For those that want to install AU, you might want to wait for the public release. Seems there is a problem with firmware doing install. (See thread "HP Elite X3 bricked") Took me a few hours to get the AU installed and my phone "unbricked." Ah, the journey through the lowlands!

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up in AU. Hopefully we won't have to wait to long for the official update, a few more hours maybe.
I'll probably still go down the Insider route if the official one doesn't land today. WDRT supports the X3 now if I'm not mistaken so I'll be able to recover that way if the worst happens

josephan

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded WDRT and you are right about the X3 support. I wish I knew that yesterday! FYI The AU doesn't fix the camera so I guess that needs firmware. Still loving the phone.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
So the silicone case arrived today and the packaging of that was again totally overkill. After a whole days usage I am really enjoying this phone, just need the AU update to arrive soon (today) and I'll be a happy chap. Next on the agenda is to source a decent screen protector, not an anti glare or tempered glass though

elrohlik

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I got mine week ago. I am on insider fast ring. Much better from official but still not stabil waiting for AU. Hardware is top notch facility. Waiting for case and tempered glass. X3 Microsoft uk store and, case and glass hp uk store.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I would be more interested in hearing what businesses picked these up for their employees, as this phone was meant for enterprise.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday in the UK and my silicone case is arriving today......hopefully. The packaging is absolutely fantastic and yet, total overkill for a mobile phone and dock!!
I have set it up fresh and didn't use any back ups from my 950xl. I decided to wait to see if the AU arrives today as expected, if not I will join the Insider program again and update it that way. It is definitely in need of an update, too many crashes (camera) and lock up's at the moment. The hardware is awesome though and I'm sure it will greatly improve in the fututre

I would recommend waiting a little while before going the insider route with the X3.

I would be more interested in hearing what businesses picked these up for their employees, as this phone was meant for enterprise.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

You would be hard pressed to find small to medium business owners purchasing these for their staff. If anything only the top tier managers will get access to the device. After all it's not cheap....

sev7en

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I would like buy it for the bigger display than the 950XL I have now but HP is making that so hard... in Italy it's about 829 euro.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Can I ask why? if the WDRT did not support the X3 and there was no way of recovery should something go awry I definitely would not consider it, as it is I am debating whether to go ahead today or not

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. Can I ask why? if the WDRT did not support the X3 and there was no way of recovery should something go awry I definitely would not consider it, as it is I am debating whether to go ahead today or not

It is entirely upto you as after all it is your device after all .).

Should you decide to go ahead, let us know how it goes .)

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
It is entirely upto you as after all it is your device after all .).

Should you decide to go ahead, let us know how it goes .)

Still considering and the more I consider it the more I am inclined to wait as you suggested. The fact that the update wasn't released yesterday as stated makes me think that there could be an issue with it. It would appear that some users have used the Insider program with no problems and some have had the boot loop issue

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Still considering and the more I consider it the more I am inclined to wait as you suggested. The fact that the update wasn't released yesterday as stated makes me think that there could be an issue with it. It would appear that some users have used the Insider program with no problems and some have had the boot loop issue

Redstone 2 is still on early versions...

You may want to read the build thread for 14915: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...d-14915-discussion-redstone-2;-fast-ring.html

View that through the lens of Elite X3 having the only SD 820 and 4GB RAM device in the field and optimization would likely be left out. It might also leave you out of receiving any OTA Firmware that HP may push.

csw43

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Redstone 2 is still on early versions...

You may want to read the build thread for 14915: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...d-14915-discussion-redstone-2;-fast-ring.html

View that through the lens of Elite X3 having the only SD 820 and 4GB RAM device in the field and optimization would likely be left out. It might also leave you out of receiving any OTA Firmware that HP may push.

Thanks for that. I am only considering (still) the release preview ring to get the anniversary update, not going to the fast ring or anything like that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb