camera reboot

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
It seems that every time I take a photo that as so as I click the picture my elite x3 v.14393.67 does anyone have any suggestion.

There's a few I have found until their firmware is released:

1. Don't launch the app from the lock screen e.g. pull down action center; unlock the phone and then use the Camera app or Action Center
2. Don't review photo after taking it; just hit the Win key to exit the Camera and use Photos to view

It's kind of a pain, but it works and at least for me reduced crashing by 90%. Reminds me of the early W10M days.

Alternatively, and this is surprising, install RS2 on Fast Ring (the issue exists on RS1 too). This fixed the crashing 100% of the time for me so far (installed late Friday). My hunch is MS is building a lot of the hardware requirements/reordering processes in the OS for RS2 to avoid these issues in the future. Remember, MS wants as much of the OS into software instead of firmware/HW components.

Anyway, HP is aware of the issue and the new firmware should solve this. As to how/why this phone was released, albeit very limitedly, with such an issue is beyond me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb