Hi all so I have my HP Elite and am having mixed emotions so far..on the positive side the Continuum experience is great...to think that I can have one device for all my computing is a dream come true....can't wait to get my hands on the lapdock!! The Windows experience under AU is also really good...not displeased with this at all and I have used every OS in detail as I have had many phones from all of the competitors over the last few years....okay so to my question....Who intends to use this as a daily driver outside work?
    10-09-2016 02:15 PM
    Who intends to use this as a daily driver outside work?
    Been using it since day two. Works better than my 950xl. I have donated the 950xl to my son, who had his S4 stolen on Tuesday.

Sent from mTalk
    ananve likes this.
    10-09-2016 04:34 PM
    It's my everyday phone now and has been for many days. Before the firmware update I was thinking I might take the SIM out and put it back in the 950XL, but the x3 is a much more solid device now than it was when it was delivered by UPS. It's not 100 percent, of course -- no phone ever has been for me or maybe even could be. But at least I have a few reliable if different alternatives to fall back on if I wake up in a strange mood some day or want to carry a smaller phone for a while or maybe one with a sharper camera. It's nice to have choices, but the x3 is my preferred choice for the foreseeable future.
    aximtreo and ananve like this.
    10-09-2016 06:33 PM
    It's my everyday phone now and has been for many days. Before the firmware update I was thinking I might take the SIM out and put it back in the 950XL, but the x3 is a much more solid device now than it was when it was delivered by UPS. It's not 100 percent, of course -- no phone ever has been for me or maybe even could be. But at least I have a few reliable if different alternatives to fall back on if I wake up in a strange mood some day or want to carry a smaller phone for a while or maybe one with a sharper camera. It's nice to have choices, but the x3 is my preferred choice for the foreseeable future.
    Yes the latest update has helped a lot. I'm on fast ring and I think I'm going to change back to normal updating speed to not get too experimental. It's a great phone overall!!

-m
    abhishek singh21 and ananve like this.
    10-09-2016 07:51 PM
    Appreciate the feedback. Loved the 950XL and have been considering the HP as an upgrade.
    aximtreo and ananve like this.
    10-10-2016 12:44 AM
    Daily driver, currently rock solid, not one issue to speak of (currently on fast ring).
    ananve and aximtreo like this.
    10-10-2016 03:51 AM
    Daily driver, currently rock solid, not one issue to speak of (currently on fast ring).
    Hmm, maybe ill go back on insider builds. Haven't paid attention in a few weeks. Fast ring is solid?

Sent from mTalk
    10-10-2016 11:15 AM
    I'd love the x3, it looks fantastic. I've just ordered the 950 as an upgrade from the 640, so I'll be using that for a long while. I'll keep an eye on this forum though.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    libra89 likes this.
    10-10-2016 03:41 PM
    Tomorrow I am trying the Ethernet port in my office....if I can get access to my sales files on my X3 directly from the company server I am hooked for sure....this could be the best phone slash computer purchase that I have ever made.
    ananve, libra89, DCW1000 and 1 others like this.
    10-10-2016 08:49 PM
    Hmm, maybe ill go back on insider builds. Haven't paid attention in a few weeks. Fast ring is solid?

Sent from mTalk
    Has been very solid for me, no problems so far.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2016 01:22 AM
    Tomorrow I am trying the Ethernet port in my office....if I can get access to my sales files on my X3 directly from the company server I am hooked for sure....this could be the best phone slash computer purchase that I have ever made.
    Please do update us on this. Would love to know how the phone works for office use.
    ChristodoulosK likes this.
    10-11-2016 04:24 AM
    X3 as my daily driver for over a month now. It was a bit rough before the big update, but I ran the insider workaround to get to the latest release preview and that fixed nearly everything. The only noticeable problem that I had when the big update finally hit was the camera bug, and that's fixed now too. I picked up a HP case this past weekend though it doesn't have a kickstand it will do until more third party cases hit the market. I am eagerly awaiting the laptop dock as well. I heard it was supposed to be out this month in one of their demo videos (for whatever that's worth), hopefully they get it out on time.
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2016 02:04 PM
    Day 1, never looked back. It marginally better than my XL, and much better than my s7 Edge and iPhone 6s +. and when I compare it to my Note 7.....pfft....
    libra89 likes this.
    10-11-2016 06:18 PM
    Day 1, never looked back. It marginally better than my XL, and much better than my s7 Edge and iPhone 6s +. and when I compare it to my Note 7.....pfft....
    How's the camera comparing to S7 edge / note 7?
    10-11-2016 07:06 PM
    ...and when I compare it to my Note 7.....boom!....
    Fixed your post.

Sent from mTalk
    alodar101 likes this.
    10-11-2016 09:21 PM
    I have been using the X3 for about a month as well and I remain relatively happy with it. As mentioned by others, I agree that W10 Mobile isn't as polished as Android or Apple. Apps freeze up or require work arounds. I get daily app crashes where I have to start the app a few times but eventually it starts up. I look at the X3 as a device with Windows and over the years I got used to having to tweak Windows to get it going the way I want. On the other hand I also spent last month with my ill fated Note 7. Now that was a polished consumer device. Build and design was best I have ever experienced. Iris scanner was faster and more accurate than on X3. MSFT/HP should steal the goggles outline for your eyes from Note 7 so that user has a target for iris scanner...at this point Samsung may not mind. The camera on the Note 7 blows away the Elite X3. I also had the zoom and wide angle lens attachments for the Note 7 and while it was an awkward setup, the images were DSLR like. Anyway, my Note 7 is headed to a landfill or maybe the middle of the Pacific, so, so much for polished consumer devices. I am enjoying the adventure that is the Elite X3.
    alodar101 likes this.
    10-13-2016 05:45 AM
    I bought first HP Elite X3 when Note 7 was first time recalled, I was traveling and need a phone, plus wanted to try HP Elite X3, I had in a past brief episode with Lumia 950xl , so kind of knew what to expect from OS.There is no doubt Elite X3 is so much better then 950 xl, got much better after anniversary update. Then I received Note 7 replacement and decided to return HP Elite X3 but decision which phon I should keep wasn't easy.2 days after sending phone back, Note 7 was recalled again :-) So even my Note 7 was (still is) working perfect, I not risking to keep it.Now I got another HP elite x3 and this would be my daily phone. Part of me actually is happy that I came back to this phone. Note 7 was having so much better camera , without doubt, was quick, smooth , but Elite x3 also is.Plus x3 has much better battery (and not risk of blowing :-)). I was using only Android because of Note series, I'm long time ago done for good with iOS. So going back for me to HP Elite x3 was quite easy.Love phone.Not 7 is dead long life to Elite x3.
    10-13-2016 01:47 PM
    How's the camera comparing to S7 edge / note 7?
    Samsung cameras are better, but I'm not a huge camera guy. This cam still takes good pics. I think the phone cam experts see the differences....but I don't...because I really don't care. If you don't really care about taking pics....all the benefits from a good cam are lost. And they are lost on me....So, I'm ok with this cam.

PS
    libra89 and Daniel Rubino like this.
    10-13-2016 01:50 PM
    A question for people in the US. Is MS only selling the dual-SIM variant? I went into an MS store today and there were two SIM indicators with no real useful info on the website.
    10-15-2016 07:17 PM
    A question for people in the US. Is MS only selling the dual-SIM variant? I went into an MS store today and there were two SIM indicators with no real useful info on the website.
    I believe that only the dual SIM variant is available in NA, though I may be wrong.
    10-15-2016 08:28 PM