Switching to HP Elite X3

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
I would like to invest in the X3 but the Camera is very important to me
That's been my biggest complaint so far. The camera - even with the current update is slow and underpowered.

I find myself pulling out either my Galaxy S6 or my 950xl to take any semblance of good photos.

Sent from mTalk

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I have to now give an unqualified recommendation to NOT switch to an X3.

The problem encountered just this morning is described here:
Problem with OneDrive on X3 - HP Support Forum - 5811176

The raison d'être for my considering the X3 is productivity. I don't have time to deal with glitches like this. Geez, I have business related files on OneDrive! I'm going back to a 950XL

No offence, but this seems like a really small reason to not recommend a phone, considering all the good points you listed above. As it's OneDrive (kind of important) they'll undoubtedly fix it soon. Plus, couldn't you just use the web version of OneDrive for now? It is a very new phone, so it's expected that there will be issues at first.

karlo88

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi. It wasn't my intention to get into a lengthy debate. But, if you were the team manager of an Indy 500 team, would you have your driver drive a prototype car? In business, you have a lot of folks depending on your performance, which is affected by ease of use. Things have to just work.

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
But, if you were the team manager of an Indy 500 team, would you have your driver drive a prototype car?

Ah, I didn't realize you were the business equivalent of an Indy 500 driver. If you're that important, then I guess it is a vital issue (that for some reason can't be addressed with the web version for now). Good luck finding a phone that doesn't have any issues at all though, I've never seen one.

karlo88

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm not important. The folks I am meeting with (team members, customers) are. Not being able to pull up a document is a problem. In the actual case this morning, we're with a $600/hr lawyer and can't pull up a document; plus everyone else's time? Wow...

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Well, I'm not in business, but if I needed to meet with an expensive lawyer I think I would have my documents all prepared on a more appropriate device, like a laptop. I'm not sure why anyone would go to a meeting like that with just a phone. But hey, if a 950XL works for you, that's great.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not in business, but if I needed to meet with an expensive lawyer I think I would have my documents all prepared on a more appropriate device, like a laptop. I'm not sure why anyone would go to a meeting like that with just a phone. But hey, if a 950XL works for you, that's great.

LOL what kind of phone are you used to? I trust my phone as much as any PC I've ever used.

karlo88

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for a poor example. The point I'm trying to make is that the people we all work and interact with, their time is valuable. Wasting other people's time is not in one's interest. To spend this type of money on an X3, which is supposed to be for business, and for it not to work for the most basic need of feeding up information, when far a far less costly device, or weighty laptop, can do it... Actually, never mind what the X3 costs. It's just unacceptable to waste other people's time.

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
LOL what kind of phone are you used to? I trust my phone as much as any PC I've ever used.

I wasn't commenting on the trustworthiness/reliability of a phone (I've had some very good ones, including the x3). I was saying that, in that example, it doesn't seem like a phone is a great solution period, any phone. Maybe I'm just the only one that wouldn't use it like that. Whatever.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett