Been using the X3 for a couple days and the vibration is bothering me. It feels loud. Almost too loud. It's not as subtle compared to my 950. I want to feel the vibration.. not hear it. Anyone else feel the same?
    Corwin_Amber likes this.
    10-16-2016 04:04 PM
    I don't have one....yet....but, I'd suggest posting your phone number here, taping the phone to your shoulder, and enjoying a good hands-free massage once you start getting a ton of texts and calls. Put that over-active vibration to good use. :D
    Last edited by Scienceguy Labs; 10-16-2016 at 06:16 PM.
    10-16-2016 05:24 PM
    The vibration on my Note 5 was so weak, I couldn't even feel it in my pocket, so this is a nice change. I will admit though, it's scared the crap out of me a couple times when I left it on a glass table or such.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    10-17-2016 01:07 AM
    I definitely find with mine I can hear it more than I can feel it.

More in the habit of having my phone on quite mode these days because of it, especially when I'm traveling for work (sharing rooms or what not) but isnt very practical. It's really annoying you can't disable feedback when navigating - notably back /home buttons more than anything.
    10-17-2016 09:39 AM
    It's really annoying you can't disable feedback when navigating - notably back /home buttons more than anything.
    Settings > Personalization > Navigation Bar > Disable vibration for navigation bar?

Also, Mark is wrong about the vibration, it's fabulous
    10-17-2016 10:07 AM
    Settings > Personalization > Navigation Bar > Disable vibration for navigation bar?
    f m l

for some reason I actually thought it was under sounds (like where you disable the beeps on key presses).

It just dawned on me I've been looking for a 'disable navigation sounds' all this time ...for vibrations. Think that says it all in regards to the loudness of it...
    Daniel Rubino likes this.
    10-17-2016 05:11 PM
    Been using the X3 for a couple days and the vibration is bothering me. It feels loud. Almost too loud. It's not as subtle compared to my 950. I want to feel the vibration.. not hear it. Anyone else feel the same?
    Lol did you not use to write for mynokiablog?
    10-18-2016 02:15 AM
    Lol did you not use to write for mynokiablog?
    Years ago, before we hired him for video.
    10-18-2016 03:45 PM
    So, I've just turned vibration back on for navigation.

...The sound doesn't bother me as much as the lack of feedback does...
    10-22-2016 09:31 AM
    I don't mind the haptic feedback. It is more pronounced than my 950xl.
    10-23-2016 08:18 AM
    I think it is way better than 950xl
    10-27-2016 08:31 AM
    Mark, I agree wholeheartedly about the vibration. It is OK, but I prefer the 'round', coinish ones they are using in the 640, e.g.. Would prefer that.
    11-02-2016 11:10 AM
    Same here. Would rather feel it than hear it.
    I had a couple android phones, can't recall the brand but they allowed vibration to be adjusted/tweaked. Be nice if HP had an option for it. I am not aware of how difficult a FW code update such as this would be or how one would go about getting HP to update something like that. I am sending feedback when I can through there device hub app, so I guess we wait and see when/if items like this end up on their list.
    11-06-2016 12:54 AM
    I found the reg key to disable the finger print vibrate feedback. This allowed me to turn off all vibration feed back except the one from messaging which is also default. On all my phones I disable vibrate completely if possible. Just never been a huge fan of it nor really needed it.
    libra89 and Corwin_Amber like this.
    11-29-2016 09:45 AM
    Nate, could you please share how you managed to edit registry keys on the Elite X3? Wasn't aware of this possibility.
    11-29-2016 10:20 AM
    Nate, could you please share how you managed to edit registry keys on the Elite X3? Wasn't aware of this possibility.
    The popular tool used nowadays and mentioned here also on Windows Central is Interop Tools.
    11-29-2016 10:25 AM
    The popular tool used nowadays and mentioned here also on Windows Central is Interop Tools.
    Thanks, Nate. Indeed a great tool, but no real interop unlock and writing many keys is possible.

Nate, have you played with autobrightness in hklm\software\oem\autobrightness? For me, recommended is too dark during the day and brighter is too much during the night. I would need a flatter line.

What do you think?
    11-29-2016 01:16 PM
    Thanks, Nate. Indeed a great tool, but no real interop unlock and writing many keys is possible.

Nate, have you played with autobrightness in hklm\software\oem\autobrightness? For me, recommended is too dark during the day and brighter is too much during the night. I would need a flatter line.

What do you think?
    Yes there are limited keys to edit. Yes I too have been looking at the autobrightness. For me I had an issue with it too bright on 0% while in low light to total darkness. I did experiment briefly but I'm still researching since the autobrightness also coincides with other acpi keys which may be untouchable. For now I changed transition delay to zero which helps it adapt and recover faster. Send me a message if you have any other ideas.
    11-29-2016 01:29 PM
    Yes there are limited keys to edit. Yes I too have been looking at the autobrightness. For me I had an issue with it too bright on 0% while in low light to total darkness. I did experiment briefly but I'm still researching since the autobrightness also coincides with other acpi keys which may be untouchable. For now I changed transition delay to zero which helps it adapt and recover faster. Send me a message if you have any other ideas.
    Indeed:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx
    BTW, it says, transition delay is in seconds and needs to be between 1 and 5 integer.

This is the original Matrix from HP. I thought I might look it up in my 950XL, but they do it somewhere else, as theirs only contains 50,50 to 1, MAX. HPs looks like this:

Lux Percent
    5 14
    40 25
    400 40
    800 60
    20000 75
    70000 80
    100000 90
    MAX 100
    So I will now think if I want it brighter in the light and leave it at 'recommended' or dimmer in the night and leave it on 'brighter'. Will tell you, what it will be.

OK, I ended up with this. Decided to make the lower brightness lower so I could keep it on 'brighter'. Will see during the day tomorrow.
    hp_elite_x3_custom_brightness.png
    Last edited by Corwin_Amber; 11-29-2016 at 02:44 PM.
    11-29-2016 01:49 PM
    Indeed:
    BTW, it says, transition delay is in seconds and needs to be between 1 and 5 integer.

This is the original Matrix from HP. I thought I might look it up in my 950XL, but they do it somewhere else, as theirs only contains 50,50 to 1, MAX. HPs looks like this:

So I will now think if I want it brighter in the light and leave it at 'recommended' or dimmer in the night and leave it on 'brighter'. Will tell you, what it will be.

OK, I ended up with this. Decided to make the lower brightness lower so I could keep it on 'brighter'. Will see during the day tomorrow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HP_Elite_X3_Custom_Brightness.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	132361
    Sweet! Thanks for this info. My lux settings were a lot higher (add two zeros to everything), but I never looked at them before the last FW update, maybe that is why. BTW the trasnitiondelay still moves while set to 0, but I still have not found it documented anywhere why it should be >= 2 but < 5.
    11-29-2016 03:13 PM
    Sweet! Thanks for this info. My lux settings were a lot higher (add two zeros to everything), but I never looked at them before the last FW update, maybe that is why. BTW the trasnitiondelay still moves while set to 0, but I still have not found it documented anywhere why it should be >= 2 but < 5.
    Careful, Nate, I converted from millilux to lux, for better readability. You will have three zeroes more in the registry entry.

Here it says, that transition delay must be 'greater than 2, default is 5'. Thought I had read 1-5 earlier.
    nate0 likes this.
    11-29-2016 03:26 PM
    Gotcha. Thanks.
    11-29-2016 03:38 PM
    And to get completely offtopic, I got a nice one for you:

In the registry, set HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MTP\DataStore from 'C:\Data\Users\PUBLIC' to 'C:\'.
    Connect to a Windows PC and browse the full filesystem :) No reboot required. I, for my part, will set it back to the original value, before rebooting. Just let me copy the whole filesystem off to a PC for further inspection in the meantime.

Unfortunately, the shutter.wav in C:\Windows\Media can not be overwritten or deleted :-/

Good night :)
    Corwin
    nate0 and DOGC_Kyle like this.
    11-29-2016 05:40 PM
    And to get completely offtopic, I got a nice one for you:

In the registry, set HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MTP\DataStore from 'C:\Data\Users\PUBLIC' to 'C:\'.
    Connect to a Windows PC and browse the full filesystem :) No reboot required. I, for my part, will set it back to the original value, before rebooting. Just let me copy the whole filesystem off to a PC for further inspection in the meantime.

Unfortunately, the shutter.wav in C:\Windows\Media can not be overwritten or deleted :-/

Good night :)
    Corwin
    Ya I had got that one already. Thanks!
    11-29-2016 09:33 PM