Considering a Elite x3

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
So, I have a Lumia 950XL that I pre-ordered on release last year but the Elite x3 has been tempting me.
My only issues is that I really do love the 950XL's camera and glance is nice to have.
I know the Elite x3 has a "glance-like" feature.
Are the camera deficiencies really that much? I seem to see mixed reviews on this as some pictures I have seen have looked pretty good and others not so much. I am also worried about videos as the samples I have seen are VERY shaky.

I plan to visit a Microsoft store here in the next week or so to check one out first hand but I'm just a little torn right now.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
To me its good enough but I would at least hold off till Microsoft event I think its on the 26th theres a chance they may show or announce something new

Sent from mTalk

loudog3114

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
Frankly, the 950XL is arguably better. The Elite X3 is faster, but it lacks glance or anything "glance like", which IMO is one of the biggest reasons to go with a Microsoft device. I have the Elite X3, but I would have a very hard time justifying the cost if I had a 950XL. MAYBE if I got to keep glance.

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
So, I have a Lumia 950XL that I pre-ordered on release last year but the Elite x3 has been tempting me.
My only issues is that I really do love the 950XL's camera and glance is nice to have.
I know the Elite x3 has a "glance-like" feature.
Are the camera deficiencies really that much? I seem to see mixed reviews on this as some pictures I have seen have looked pretty good and others not so much. I am also worried about videos as the samples I have seen are VERY shaky.

I plan to visit a Microsoft store here in the next week or so to check one out first hand but I'm just a little torn right now.
Good, go hold it, go try it. This is the best windows phone there is. But remember HP's and MS's warning...its an enterprise based phone. It simply does not have all the tiny consumer based cool stuff. I have the 950xl. On RS1, its a great phone. Its better on RS2. I also use the iPhone 6s plus and the SGalaxy 7 Edge. IMO, the x3 is better than all 3, but only after the update. It will be better after the next. But, make no mistake, its not a consumer based phone. It doesn't have Glance and a few other things.

I love the phone. No regrets.

PS

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion Glance is completely unnecessary with "raise to wake", which is available now (and will improve a lot with the next firmware update coming). The Lock Screen shows all the same information. The only thing missing is it doesn't stay on when you leave it out, it does time out (although I think Glance normally would too?).
Just my opinion though, I personally didn't miss Glance on the x3. If you really like the way Glance works on Lumias, it's not exactly the same.

Ariel Takom

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Basically, the only thing that the 950XL has that is better than the x3 is it's camera performance. Other than that, the x3 wins. Better battery life is the most important factor for me, tbh. Not to mention it performs miles ahead of t he 950XL in terms of performance, even in Continuum mode (Snapdragon 820 + 4GB RAM vs SD810 + 3GB RAM).

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Basically, the only thing that the 950XL has that is better than the x3 is it's camera performance
I tend to agree. Turned on the 950xl tonight because I wanted to check out the latest fast ring build. I played with it a bit before starting the download.

It is noticeably less responsive. It also sounds horrid with one speaker in the back. (That was my #2 gripe about it prior.) then there's the awkward power button placed too close and in the middle of volume buttons.

I'll stick with the HP.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos