Weird audio issue...

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
I was wondering if someone could test this out for me, so I know whether to return my phone or not.

When I press a bit harder than a normal touch (not that hard though) on the center of the screen, while I'm listening to a podcast/music/whatever, I get a static crackling/distortion noise. Is this a normal thing? I've never had this on any other phone. Should I return it and have a replacement sent out? I bought it from the MS online store.

(maybe I'm paranoid now, but it's starting to sound a little static-y all the time. I'm not sure if it's always been like this).

Thanks!

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't have a car, and there isn't a MS store near me. My only option would be to return it for an exchange.

Edit: Yeah, I'm returning it. The audio seems to just be getting worse. Wish I had known before that MS doesn't have an exchange option. I have to return it, wait for a refund, and then order a new one. I'll be without a phone for weeks. 2016, multi-billion dollar company, and this is the customer service I get for a $800 phone? Wow... I wish it was available on Amazon.

Last edited:

Kogling

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
2016, multi-billion dollar company, and this is the customer service I get for a $800 phone? Wow... I wish it was available on Amazon.
I'm on my 3rd phone now and had to exchange it twice like that too. They are pretty snappy at issuing a refund though, and their returns policy is pretty good to be honest - they just accept it and considering you get 30 days to return it once you put in the request within the initial 30 day period, you effectively have an up to 60 day period with an item..

It is a bit surprising they don't do an exchange since they do with their own products (as warranty /repairs) AFAIK not sure about new store items.

If you ask them for compensation they'll probably give you a voucher. On my second phone i took it on the chin that my screen protector was instantly deleted, but on the 3rd phone I was just like...... I would have been happy with just a replacement screen protector (HP one is ?15 in MS store) but they gave me ?50 so can't complain!

Ryan Smith23

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, I guess it could be worse. It's just going to be really, really hard to go back to a Lumia 640 after using the x3. Lol. And, I'm sure buying it from HP.com wouldn't be any better. I'll definitely be ordering another though, as soon as I get my refund. Aside from the defect, it's an amazing phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium