Who has received the 0002.0000.0014.0100 firmware update?

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Will the 0014.0100 FW update be distributed OTA through Settings > Phone Update, or must one use WDRT to get it? I see that some x3 users have the more recent version, but I am still on 0007.0088 and would like to move up.

mmcpher

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
It showed up on WDRT last night. It hung on my work desktop but installed through my Surface Pro 3 at home. So far, so good.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
There's another thread about this, but it seems it was not published for Insiders yet. Daniel shared that someone was looking into it at MS. Looks like using WDRT is the only way to get it right now. I'm going to wait until Friday and if it's not released I'll use WDRT.

loudog3114

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
There seems to either be a lot of confusion in the process or disinterest in getting these updates to insiders. Either way, I wouldn't hold your breath on ever getting this if you're an insider. I caved and did WDRT.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
I finally caved and am installing the update via WDRT as well. This is frustrating... that MS has had the insider program running for this long and stupid issues like this are still present.

EDIT: Took a little while but I'm now on the latest firmware and back on the latest insider fast build - now to test for a few days. Looking forward to some camera improvements.

Last edited:

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I should have posted back sooner, but I eventually used WDRT as well. It was a white-knuckle experience this time because after the download the powerdown step left me stuck on the Goodbye screen for a couple of hours. The Nav Bar icons were available but did nothing. Eventually I forced a shutdown and restarted, which gave me the lightning bolt and gear screen -- which also froze. After a couple of hours more I connected again to WDRT, manually ID'd the phone when it would not happen automatically, and triggered the download process again -- my only option.This time when I restarted, the phone began with the hp initiation screen and continued with a successful standard boot into W10 where I could see the new firmware was in place. Then I spent the rest of the day rebuilding my preferred set up and upgrading to Fast Ring again. All is well and the camera experience is significantly improved..

I may not try this approach again..

Daniel Rubino

Editor-in-chief
Staff member
Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I did WDRT too. Second time using it, no issue. Installed new FW, OS is 14393.321, which is a fairly fresh OS build for WDRT at least. Popped onto Fast Ring right away; next day received Fast Ring apps (18 in total including GroupMe).

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I bought an x3 over the weekend new. It arrived earlier today. To my surprise it was running this fw and build 14393.321. BTW I love this phone :)

Sent from mTalk

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Nate, thanks. Mind comparing, if you have any newer versions like Hardware Version?
Settings -> System -> Info, more information. What are your Hardware revision number (1.0.0 (R-DS) for me), Bootloader Version (520101) and Cell Hardware Version (1.0.0.0)?

Best regards,
Corwin

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Nate, thanks. Mind comparing, if you have any newer versions like Hardware Version?
Settings -> System -> Info, more information. What are your Hardware revision number (1.0.0 (R-DS) for me), Bootloader Version (520101) and Cell Hardware Version (1.0.0.0)?

Best regards,
Corwin
Hi Corwin. See below.

They appear to be the same.
Hardware version: 1.0.0 (N-DS)
Bootloader version: 520101
Radio Hardware version: 1.0.0.0

Sent from mTalk

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I assume the DS specification in the Hardware Revision number stands for Double SIM, but what do the N and R mean? Are those regional codes?

Good to know that the newest-delivered models are completely up to date on FW and Production Release version.

chsoriano

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Nice, any release notes? I sure hope we don't have to reset the device just to get the new firmware using WDRT, but somehow I'm already anticipating it :/

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Nice, any release notes? I sure hope we don't have to reset the device just to get the new firmware using WDRT, but somehow I'm already anticipating it :/
I have not found any reports on it. I just hit check for updates as soon as I heard about, right after I posted. Already downloaded and installed.

sent by mTalk

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Firmware is released on WDRT and OTA at the same time.
This update doesn't bring any new features, just seems to be minor fixes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99