Would like x3 Finger Print Gestures

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I did a quick search and did not notice any threads mentioning this.

I am planning on providing feedback to HP hoping they can implement/add the ability to use finger print gestures for certain OS actions. I would definitely use this feature being the size of the x3, it would come in handy for me. Things like swipe down on the print reader reveals action center, or swipe right acts as the back key etc.

Would anyone else benifit from this?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Im in, good idea! Is that possible with this sensor, e.g. is the Nexus 6P, which is using the same sensor, offering things like that?
There are some articles out there explaining how to add it to certain android devices running nougat. Some of them being the 6p and 5x. Little over a year ago I owned an older Huawei Mate S that had this feature. I think it's definitely possible just not sure what it would take for HP to decide on it.

Sent from mTalk

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Maybe the new device in the works by HP/Microsoft will consider something like this. Especially if it's consumer driven.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
A little off topic...but I use iphones from time to time. There are certain android devices that arrange the scanner placement the same way (OnePlus, Samsung, etc), on the front of the device. Granted, finger print scanners on Windows Phones are new, but I would like to see a front scanner used on a Windows device. I never really liked rear scanners personally and gestures if implemented on a front finger print reader, would be better functionality-wise imo.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos