notification sounds

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey, Nate -

I'm a noob with interop and registry tools. Would you be able to make a guide of sorts for doing some stuff like this? Just a simple step by step would probably suffice. I'm primarily interested in killing the camera sounds and getting a notification light.

I'm sure many here would find it useful!

I could do a guide for the LED notification and camera sound unlock for the HP, but the guide for interop tools and such already exist. Is that what you mean? Actually a guide for the LED notification exists too, and honestly all the stuff I find is from pulling different parts of XDA forum posts together. It is hard to find most anything from XDA forums unless you know really what you are looking for. Let me see what I can do to mimic certain parts of the XDA threads for the interop tools stuff on the HP Elite X3 specifically here on WC...

EDIT: Getting Interop Tools installed correctly and being able to interop unlock the X3 is the main way to disable the camera sound. The LED is there and ready to operate and just missing the Microsoft microsoft.ms_weh_ledalert.mainos cab files to be pushed to the device and the proper LED registry settings.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Getting Interop Tools installed correctly and being able to interop unlock the X3 is the main way to disable the camera sound. The LED is there and ready to operate and just missing the Microsoft microsoft.ms_weh_ledalert.mainos cab files to be pushed to the device and the proper LED registry settings.

I thought I had it correctly installed. But I guess not. Every time I try to toggle something in the tweaks section it just toggles back. Not sure what I did wrong...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I thought I had it correctly installed. But I guess not. Every time I try to toggle something in the tweaks section it just toggles back. Not sure what I did wrong...

Ah ok. Ya it is a bit of an effort more so than just side loading. There are some nokia dev tool kit (ndtk) packages that you would need to send to the phone to be able to unlock editing the registry which includes the tweaks section toggles and other areas. That is done with iutool.exe

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Ah ok. Ya it is a bit of an effort more so than just side loading. There are some nokia dev tool kit (ndtk) packages that you would need to send to the phone to be able to unlock editing the registry which includes the tweaks section toggles and other areas. That is done with iutool.exe

Where would I get that?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Since you have the app installed (and dependencies), go to this xda link and follow the section on the first page titled ENABLE SYSTEM REGISTRY ACCESS INSTRUCTIONS -- > For all other OEM devices. There are two links there one is the packages, and the other is for the iutool.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6