Disappointed in X3 at Nashville store launch

LiveToSeeTheFuture

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
The MS Nashville store opened yesterday and I went to the event, somewhat expecting to pick up an X3 to replace my iPhone 6 plus. I didn't end up doing so because the display model was terrible - it was slow, continuum was laggy and froze several times, and the unit felt too light.My wife has a 950XL and it is awesome. Great weight, nice continuum performance, plenty of horsepower, etc. Given the spec bump, I was expecting the X3 to at least be comparable, but I was sadly let down.My thought was that the model they had on display might be an older firmware or OS version. I asked a MS employee about it and he said that it's a demo unit so they probably don't patch them regularly. This is unacceptable in a store environment - how can they sell the 'one device for all needs' experience with a unit like that?Anyway, now I'm hoping that the 950XL goes on sale this holiday season.

Sedp23

May 6, 2015
Visit site
U can't really go off a store demo unit tho..it's probably been used and hasn't had a soft reset in who knows when.

Sent from mTalk

LiveToSeeTheFuture

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, but it was day 1 for the store. I was probably one of the first few to handle the unit.I can't imagine that they'd launch a store without upgrading and patching all machines on the floor. Maybe they don't, though

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Disappointing indeed. MS stores should have a scheduled updating for the devices on the floor so customers have the best experience.
I have the x3 and absolutely love it. My wife has the 950xl and it is an excellent phone as well.

slivy58

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Shameful if that's the case. Why is it that every phone w/10 that has been launched has come out of the gate ALWAYS needing an "update/firmware" to fix problems that are present? This should not be to the extent I've seen and just allows more ammo for the critics. There's just one entity to blame and rightfully so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett