retiring 950xl for an elite x3

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
You forgot DTTW. The fake "DTTW" on the X3 according to Dan and Zac uses the accelerometer and not the screen so its more like double knock to wake and works really s.hitty according to them, might as well not even be there.
I totally missed your post.

Yes, there's no real DTTW and no Glance. (even my son has Glance type features on his S7). However the device just feels and works superior to my 950xl. Only thing I use the 950xl for is sports photos.

Sent from mTalk

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I am in the market for new phone to replace my 950xl. I am currently looking at the elite x3. Does the finger print reader work on the elite x3? How good is the elite x3? Would it be worth upgrading to an elite x3? any help would be appreciated

alucke

Honestly, if your 950xl is still running ok and you can hang on for another few months it might be worth the wait.

The chief marketing officer for Microsoft was interviewed a few days ago and very strongly hinted at new devices in 2017.

He wouldn't be drawn on specifics but we could be looking at other OEM devices, a Microsoft mobile device (surface phone) or an HP device that's more consumer focussed.

I've had my 950 for over a year now and I'm desperate to upgrade, but I don't want to rush to the only other available hardware on offer only to see more suitable devices launch a few months down the road

adbolleman

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Dont do it, the x3 is only marginally better and still feels like it is not quite finished. Little things that just worked on my 1520 don't work on the X3. Photos don't auto rotate, some apps reset themselves whenever, a lot apps don't work at all that worked just fine on my 1520, camera is barely acceptable, a reboot is sometimes necessary to get basic functionality working and I don't feel that hp has sold enough of them to release firmware update to fix all these small things. Oh yes, and all the lumia apps are missing. Overall I still contemplate going back to my 1520 daily, its just an overall better phone.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I am in the market for new phone to replace my 950xl. I am currently looking at the elite x3. Does the finger print reader work on the elite x3? How good is the elite x3? Would it be worth upgrading to an elite x3? any help would be appreciated

alucke

Yes of course. Even i have got eyes on the x3. And yes, the fingerprint scanner works now, after some updates. It is fast and smooth.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Dont do it, the x3 is only marginally better and still feels like it is not quite finished. Little things that just worked on my 1520 don't work on the X3. Photos don't auto rotate, some apps reset themselves whenever, a lot apps don't work at all that worked just fine on my 1520, camera is barely acceptable, a reboot is sometimes necessary to get basic functionality working .
Have you updated the firmware? Device is very solid for me.

Sent from mTalk

pdch

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Finger print reader is immediate on mine. The only thing you will miss is the camera - EVERYTHING is MUCH better on the x3

quek9

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I totally missed your post.

Yes, there's no real DTTW and no Glance. (even my son has Glance type features on his S7). However the device just feels and works superior to my 950xl. Only thing I use the 950xl for is sports photos.

Sent from mTalk
Dang DTTW and Glance are must have features. I wonder could it be included via a firmware update? I like my 950XL but I am pissed that I cannot use my second sim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb