HP Elite x3 with Desk Dock for $599 ($200 discount)

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I just pulled the trigger on this and the rugged case.
Lets see if it is enough to replace my 950xl.
They have a great return period going on right now too until mid January.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
Just so everyone knows... When I ordered mine it originally said shipment date of today (11/30), now it has updated and shows a shipment date of 12/08. :/

UPDATE: I Misread and the status actually changed. 12/08 is the expected DELIVERY date, not shipment date.

Last edited:

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Realistically this should have been the launch price. At this price point this phone is of better value than the Alcatel 4S. I just wish I could hold one in my hand before making the purchase. My local MS Store only has iPhones on display sadly enough.

Lumious

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
I dont know about even this price (for me personally) it is hard to make the jump off the 950 XL and downgrade my camera, glance, DTTW, and T2Pay...it is a bit more enticing but still...I think i will hold off for a while my 950 XL is doing just fine its not like its slow or bad or i need the upgrade, i would have to justify this to myself just to buy it. My next upgrade will probably have the Surface name in front of it, even if that isn't until 2018.

rollindice

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
I dont know about even this price (for me personally) it is hard to make the jump off the 950 XL and downgrade my camera, glance, DTTW, and T2Pay...it is a bit more enticing but still...I think i will hold off for a while my 950 XL is doing just fine its not like its slow or bad or i need the upgrade, i would have to justify this to myself just to buy it. My next upgrade will probably have the Surface name in front of it, even if that isn't until 2018.

agreed

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Haha, very possible that Dec 4th they may announce a new phone. I think at $599 with the dock, it is now realistically in great territory.

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this once again (bought original half baked product for $799 back in late August / early September)... so I am hoping the phone hardware / software mix is a lot more integrated and smooth now. Back when I had it the camera crashed each time you took a photo as well as the fingerprint reader didn't work and battery life sucked.

I am currently with the 950 XL which I love except the battery life.

The only thing stopping me is fear that the camera sucks big time, and I don't really use the dock ever, even though I WANT to start using it... Mainly at work where I can hook it up to my work computer and use my phone to browse whatever I want without them monitoring or blocking me haha.

I recently bought a new Nikon D7100 for serious photos so I don't rely on the 950xl for serious photos other than quick shots of random moments...

Is it worth getting the X3 with dock for $599 now? Price isn't really much of an issue, but camera and battery life is (camera not as much as it used to since I bought a serious camera now).

Thanks!

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Haha, very possible that Dec 4th they may announce a new phone. I think at $599 with the dock, it is now realistically in great territory.

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this once again (bought original half baked product for $799 back in late August / early September)... so I am hoping the phone hardware / software mix is a lot more integrated and smooth now. Back when I had it the camera crashed each time you took a photo as well as the fingerprint reader didn't work and battery life sucked.

I am currently with the 950 XL which I love except the battery life.

The only thing stopping me is fear that the camera sucks big time, and I don't really use the dock ever, even though I WANT to start using it... Mainly at work where I can hook it up to my work computer and use my phone to browse whatever I want without them monitoring or blocking me haha.

I recently bought a new Nikon D7100 for serious photos so I don't rely on the 950xl for serious photos other than quick shots of random moments...

Is it worth getting the X3 with dock for $599 now? Price isn't really much of an issue, but camera and battery life is (camera not as much as it used to since I bought a serious camera now).

Thanks!

I don't have one to personally share my experience but HP has rolled out a LOT of firmware updates since then. If I'm not mistaken, 3 have been rolled out. Haven't heard any complaints about battery life.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Realistically this should have been the launch price. At this price point this phone is of better value than the Alcatel 4S. I just wish I could hold one in my hand before making the purchase. My local MS Store only has iPhones on display sadly enough.
Lol...Really. iPhones?

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Even the tiny kiosk in our mall has only windows phones including the hp elite x3 which looks awesome by the way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte