The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-02-2016 02:36 PM
28 12
tools
    Through 3-Dec-2016, the HP Elite x3 w/ Desk Dock bundle is now just $599.

HP Elite x3 and HP Elite x3 Desk Dock | HP Official Store
    libra89, aximtreo, nate0 and 1 others like this.
    11-30-2016 12:39 AM
    good news, thank you for sharing.
    11-30-2016 12:45 AM

Wow!
    aximtreo likes this.
    11-30-2016 07:26 AM
    I just pulled the trigger on this and the rugged case.
    Lets see if it is enough to replace my 950xl.
    They have a great return period going on right now too until mid January.
    11-30-2016 08:27 AM
    Hmm not a bad deal
    11-30-2016 11:38 AM
    Just so everyone knows... When I ordered mine it originally said shipment date of today (11/30), now it has updated and shows a shipment date of 12/08. :/

UPDATE: I Misread and the status actually changed. 12/08 is the expected DELIVERY date, not shipment date.
    Last edited by cnashx; 11-30-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    sinime likes this.
    11-30-2016 01:07 PM
    Realistically this should have been the launch price. At this price point this phone is of better value than the Alcatel 4S. I just wish I could hold one in my hand before making the purchase. My local MS Store only has iPhones on display sadly enough.
    11-30-2016 05:21 PM
    I dont know about even this price (for me personally) it is hard to make the jump off the 950 XL and downgrade my camera, glance, DTTW, and T2Pay...it is a bit more enticing but still...I think i will hold off for a while my 950 XL is doing just fine its not like its slow or bad or i need the upgrade, i would have to justify this to myself just to buy it. My next upgrade will probably have the Surface name in front of it, even if that isn't until 2018.
    11-30-2016 05:39 PM
    I dont know about even this price (for me personally) it is hard to make the jump off the 950 XL and downgrade my camera, glance, DTTW, and T2Pay...it is a bit more enticing but still...I think i will hold off for a while my 950 XL is doing just fine its not like its slow or bad or i need the upgrade, i would have to justify this to myself just to buy it. My next upgrade will probably have the Surface name in front of it, even if that isn't until 2018.
    agreed
    11-30-2016 06:18 PM
    agreed
    ditto
    11-30-2016 06:52 PM

11-30-2016 07:24 PM
    And on Dec 4th HP will announce their next phone
    Marcin Dabrowsky likes this.
    11-30-2016 07:25 PM
    Haha, very possible that Dec 4th they may announce a new phone. I think at $599 with the dock, it is now realistically in great territory.

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this once again (bought original half baked product for $799 back in late August / early September)... so I am hoping the phone hardware / software mix is a lot more integrated and smooth now. Back when I had it the camera crashed each time you took a photo as well as the fingerprint reader didn't work and battery life sucked.

I am currently with the 950 XL which I love except the battery life.

The only thing stopping me is fear that the camera sucks big time, and I don't really use the dock ever, even though I WANT to start using it... Mainly at work where I can hook it up to my work computer and use my phone to browse whatever I want without them monitoring or blocking me haha.

I recently bought a new Nikon D7100 for serious photos so I don't rely on the 950xl for serious photos other than quick shots of random moments...

Is it worth getting the X3 with dock for $599 now? Price isn't really much of an issue, but camera and battery life is (camera not as much as it used to since I bought a serious camera now).

Thanks!
    11-30-2016 11:38 PM
    Haha, very possible that Dec 4th they may announce a new phone. I think at $599 with the dock, it is now realistically in great territory.

I am seriously considering pulling the trigger on this once again (bought original half baked product for $799 back in late August / early September)... so I am hoping the phone hardware / software mix is a lot more integrated and smooth now. Back when I had it the camera crashed each time you took a photo as well as the fingerprint reader didn't work and battery life sucked.

The only thing stopping me is fear that the camera sucks big time, and I don't really use the dock ever, even though I WANT to start using it... Mainly at work where I can hook it up to my work computer and use my phone to browse whatever I want without them monitoring or blocking me haha.

I recently bought a new Nikon D7100 for serious photos so I don't rely on the 950xl for serious photos other than quick shots of random moments...

Is it worth getting the X3 with dock for $599 now? Price isn't really much of an issue, but camera and battery life is (camera not as much as it used to since I bought a serious camera now).

Thanks!
    I don't have one to personally share my experience but HP has rolled out a LOT of firmware updates since then. If I'm not mistaken, 3 have been rolled out. Haven't heard any complaints about battery life.
    aximtreo and TechFreak1 like this.
    12-01-2016 07:58 AM
    Realistically this should have been the launch price. At this price point this phone is of better value than the Alcatel 4S. I just wish I could hold one in my hand before making the purchase. My local MS Store only has iPhones on display sadly enough.
    Lol...Really. iPhones?
    aximtreo likes this.
    12-01-2016 08:22 AM
    I'd be all over this if I wasn't currently having a love affair with my Lumia 950.
    12-01-2016 08:25 AM
    Lol...Really. iPhones?
    No joke. They have iPhones on display loaded with MS apps.
    12-01-2016 08:48 AM
    Holy crap...
    12-01-2016 09:07 AM
    No joke. They have iPhones on display loaded with MS apps.
    I'm also finding this hard to believe. This is at an official Microsoft Store?
    TechFreak1 likes this.
    12-01-2016 10:38 AM
    Even the tiny kiosk in our mall has only windows phones including the hp elite x3 which looks awesome by the way.
    12-01-2016 10:43 AM
    I'm also finding this hard to believe. This is at an official Microsoft Store?
    Well, it is at a mall kiosk. It is listed as an official Microsoft Store. I went to test drive an x3 and all they had on display were iPhones where Lumias used to be found. I was going to pull out my 950 and take a photo but I then became embarrassed of my MS phone.
    12-01-2016 12:34 PM
    Here is a thread I started. Notice further down another member found Android phones on display at their local MS Store.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/off...ast-night.html
    libra89 and aximtreo like this.
    12-01-2016 12:37 PM
    So how will this relate to the full bundle, with the lapdock accessory included?
    nate0 likes this.
    12-01-2016 02:10 PM
    So how will this relate to the full bundle, with the lapdock accessory included?
    It doesn't. I didn't mean to highjack the thread here.
    12-01-2016 02:17 PM

Thanks!
    Ever since going from the 1520 to the 950 I've felt, well, just kinda meh. I wouldn't have even switched if it weren't for the digitizer in my 1520 going out on me. Only the 950s were available at my local AT&T, and so I said 'what the heck, let's see if I really do need that big phone that is sometimes very tough to lug around.' Turns out I did ;)

So I ordered mine on Wednesday and for $40 it arrived 18 hours later. In short - the reviews are right on and if you know you want a large phone and are all-in on the Win 10 eco system this phone does not disappoint.

I'm no photographer, so YMMV, but I snapped off a few low light shots and said 'yeah, that's not as good as i'd like.' Then I kept scrolling and honestly, my 950 photos weren't any better. Maybe that's enough to say that if you are as bad at taking photos at me you shouldn't notice any difference :D

On a separate note, performance is awesome. Screen is gorgeous. Sound is surprisingly nice. I haven't used the doc for anything but charging (I used continuum on the Lumia 950 so I know what to expect - i'll get around to using the doc it just wasn't a big deal to me other than the quick charge 3). Also, since I've had it less than 24 hours all I can say about the battery is that 158 apps, 2 exchange accounts, tons of OneDrive stuff (including photos and music) came over WiFi (and a bit of Cellular when I ran some errands) and the battery went from ~80% out of the box to ~20% before bed. Not that it was a great test, but it was definitely being stressed and I was happy with it for what was going on.

Normal usage today, and it's at 87%.
    12-02-2016 11:56 AM
28 12