12-17-2016 11:18 AM
35 12
tools
    Why would it kick you off? Do you just loose connection?
    12-05-2016 06:41 AM
    Version 12 has a 5 minute limitation.
    Alsoncannot log Back on for a long wait time.
    Renders it uselesss.

Version 11 has no such limitation.
    But the interface is not as clean and functional as RDP.
    12-05-2016 09:22 AM
    Amber,

Now I have tried Team viewer and PC remote and neither one is as good as plain old RDP

With RDP however, problem is you have to open port 3389 which exposes your computer to the entire Internet, so that is too dangerous. I even tried a three day trial of a VPN which was recommended as one of the better ones available in the world

Problem there was VPNs don't generally provide port forwarding, and even then my network connection seem to have been cut in half even when I connected to a US server

So unless somebody has a better idea on how to open up port 3389 without jeopardizing all of my security, I have no answer.

Any other possibilities?
    12-05-2016 09:36 AM
    Once you establish a VPN into your own network, then you would use the local IP with RDP to connect to your computer. So you wouldn't need the port open and wouldn't need port forwarding set up in your router anymore. You probably signed up for the wrong type of VPN service. Pertino or Hamachi might work but I've not tested them from Windows phone.
    12-05-2016 11:43 AM
    Once you establish a VPN into your own network, then you would use the local IP with RDP to connect to your computer. So you wouldn't need the port open and wouldn't need port forwarding set up in your router anymore. You probably signed up for the wrong type of VPN service. Pertino or Hamachi might work but I've not tested them from Windows phone.
    I signed up with NordVPN for a three day free trial

I opened up the port, but canyousee me could not see the port or my local IP

Since the local IP is masked, with the VPN, how to get through it if you're not on the same network?

I am a newbie at this so I really need some detail on how to understand it
    12-05-2016 11:48 AM
    Amber,

Now I have tried Team viewer and PC remote and neither one is as good as plain old RDP

With RDP however, problem is you have to open port 3389 which exposes your computer to the entire Internet, so that is too dangerous. I even tried a three day trial of a VPN which was recommended as one of the better ones available in the world

Problem there was VPNs don't generally provide port forwarding, and even then my network connection seem to have been cut in half even when I connected to a US server

So unless somebody has a better idea on how to open up port 3389 without jeopardizing all of my security, I have no answer.

Any other possibilities?
    Would putting the computer to sleep after the RD session add some security? Then to access again use WOL? Or would this be just as easy for someone to wake and access?
    12-05-2016 11:49 AM
    I signed up with NordVPN for a three day free trial

I opened up the port, but canyousee me could not see the port or my local IP

Since the local IP is masked, with the VPN, how to get through it if you're not on the same network?

I am a newbie at this so I really need some detail on how to understand it
    The point of a VPN is to connect you to another network securely. The service you signed up for connects you to their network and won't do anything for you in this situation. You need a VPN router or service that connects to your own home network. Once connected, you're basically inside the network as if you were at home.
    Corwin_Amber likes this.
    12-05-2016 02:34 PM
    The point of a VPN is to connect you to another network securely. The service you signed up for connects you to their network and won't do anything for you in this situation. You need a VPN router or service that connects to your own home network. Once connected, you're basically inside the network as if you were at home.
    So I downloaded and installed a logmein Hamachi network but stuck there.

Do I create a vpn and connect to that adapter??
    12-05-2016 03:38 PM
    jssmarathon, you need to establish a vpn between your device and an endpoint at the edge or inside your network. Usually you would connect to your router. If it is not yours and / or does not allow establishing a vpn connection, you could set up a vpn router inside your network and forward the ports on your provider router, depending in the protocol.

I am sorry about the limitation of teamviewer, I never encountered it. It seems, that they do this, when they suspect commercial usage - there is a faq regarding this. Unfortunately, the licenses are absurdely expensive, IMO.
    12-06-2016 12:53 AM
    According to the reviews, this works from anywhere. PC Remote Pro http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=w92Yozr5

Probably no continuum yet.
    12-17-2016 11:18 AM
35 12