Yesterday 01:36 PM
144 12345 ...
tools
    Called hp support. They said they have a new sim tray. The older one says 1, 2 on it. Newer one says Top on it. I doubt this will work. Anyone got the newer one?
    Yes, they sent me one too. It had no effect.
    03-13-2017 08:56 AM
    I turned off NFC and tap to pay and haven't had the issue all day. It was happening to me multiple times a day before i turned this settings off.
    03-13-2017 03:43 PM
    I turned off NFC and tap to pay and haven't had the issue all day. It was happening to me multiple times a day before i turned this settings off.
    I will give this a try. Do not use tap to pay and could switch on NFC manually when I need it. Will report back the result after some testing.
    03-13-2017 05:18 PM
    Still no SD disconnect after NFC and Tap to Pay turned off.
    03-13-2017 09:30 PM
    I just turned these off as well. I was surprised to find Tap To Pay on since the phone isnt yet approved for this and Wallet wont store credit cards yet until MSFT approves the device.
    03-14-2017 09:48 AM
    I think this is the solution. Still no disconnect almost 24 hours.
    03-14-2017 10:49 AM
    Thanks for the tip, but it disconnected for me again, despite having NFC and TTP off. Just a datapoint.
    03-15-2017 03:18 AM
    Called hp support. They said they have a new sim tray. The older one says 1, 2 on it. Newer one says Top on it. I doubt this will work. Anyone got the newer one?
    I have had the sim tray replaced twice and the phone replaced once without any change.
    I am now running logs on my phone to send to them which is slowing performance so hopefully I won't have to do it forever.
    03-15-2017 08:26 AM
    Yeah, I've been sent 3 trays and another phone which btw was refurbished, not new. The problem is firmware, not the slot or the tray as the card stays mounted. If it was the tray, the card would never work at all. I honestly feel they have no idea what the cause is.
    03-15-2017 08:34 AM
    Thanks all for doing all the work. The more we report the issue, the sooner they will find a fix. Hp supports the product and I am sure it will be fixed in a fw.
    03-15-2017 10:12 AM
    Turning NFC off at least reduces the times my SD card disconnecting. I also noticed that when I restart the phone NFC sometimes turns on again and I get the SD card disconnected message.
    Narathan likes this.
    03-16-2017 04:40 AM
    This is quite strange but I have not had an SD card disconnect in the past 48 hours since I turned off TTP and NFC.
    Narathan likes this.
    03-16-2017 08:51 AM
    This is quite strange but I have not had an SD card disconnect in the past 48 hours since I turned off TTP and NFC.
    Thats interesting? I'll give it a try. Not as if I'm using them. But really weird of that causes the glitch.
    03-16-2017 10:21 AM
    I haven't had a disconnect since last Friday without changing anything... But as this has happened before I'm still waiting for it to happen again.
    Sometimes it will happen multiple times a day, sometimes every day, sometimes every other and sometimes once a week. It varies, which is the weirdest part.
    03-16-2017 03:37 PM
    I just had another disconnect. So much for that theory.
    03-16-2017 04:38 PM
    I haven't yet, but I'm sticking to my 950 for now. This is all very frustrating... And a little concerning that HP is sending replacement trays. Feels like they haven't been able to pinpoint the root of the problem themselves.
    03-17-2017 03:55 AM
    I have had some disconnects since I turned off TTP and NFC but that has been after a restart of the phone. When I checked NFC was turned on again.
    03-17-2017 04:51 AM
    I haven't yet, but I'm sticking to my 950 for now. This is all very frustrating... And a little concerning that HP is sending replacement trays. Feels like they haven't been able to pinpoint the root of the problem themselves.
    I had the same problem with a Lumia 1520. At the time I assumed it was happening because the phone was getting old. Turns out it was happening with the x3 so I wonder if it's something in the OS. I turned off the NFC and TTP settings and still had the problem. I checked their settings after a restart and they were both off. :-(

Of course it doesn't rule out a bad contact problem in the old 1520 and in a problematic memory card tray in the x3. Maybe I should trawl through the forums of other phone models to see if there's an SD card thread.
    03-17-2017 09:25 AM
    Been close to a week now no disconnects.
    03-17-2017 11:49 AM
    I went 3 days without a disconnect and have had 4 today already. HP Support still claims its the tray and are sending yet another one. 4th time. The support guy says the ones they are sending me arent the new trays and he needs to get me the right one. So we are trying again. I honestly can't see how this is a tray issue.
    03-17-2017 11:59 AM
    I'm putting the Elite X3 away for the weekend and using my "old" 950XL to see if I have any of the same issues I have been having with the Elite to see if maybe it is a firmware or OS issue or just the Elite X3. (This is not only for the SD Card Disconnect issue). I am also going to evaluate how much I miss the fingerprint scanner, larger screen and larger battery. And backwards going to see how much I appreciate the better camera, glance and true DDTW.
    03-17-2017 02:36 PM
    I'm putting the Elite X3 away for the weekend and using my "old" 950XL to see if I have any of the same issues I have been having with the Elite to see if maybe it is a firmware or OS issue or just the Elite X3. (This is not only for the SD Card Disconnect issue). I am also going to evaluate how much I miss the fingerprint scanner, larger screen and larger battery. And backwards going to see how much I appreciate the better camera, glance and true DDTW.
    I'm in a similar boat. I have just updated my 950 XL and am going to see. The big plus for me on the X3 is the battery life. I actually can get a full day of heavy use on a single charge. On my 950 XL, I never got more than 4 hours of heavy use. I also miss Glance and TTP. The camera I've been ok with.
    03-17-2017 03:38 PM
    I must say I REALLY miss the battery life now that I'm using my 950. SD card works just fine though, but it always did in my x3 as well until a firmware update. I still suspect the most recent update being the cultprit (in my case).

Personally I didn't really miss Glance. Or DDTW, since I could use the fingerprint scanner. It's quite the bother typing in my pin all the time on my 950 and the iris scanning is definitly slower compared to the x3.

Camera is great although its pretty hard for me to notice any real differences. The 950 seems little more saturated but I have to say its not exactly moving worlds. I'd say thats a compliment!

Only thing I'm definitly appreciating is the smaller footprint. 6" is just cumbersome compared to 5.2".

I'm just going out on a limb and give my 650 a try. The 950/950XL are notorious battery guzzling beasts and they run quite hot. I barely get through the day and thats even putting the screen on 25% - awful!

...I miss my x3. Come on HP.
    03-17-2017 06:38 PM
    Been using the Lumia 950XL since Friday. Let me say... It's been quite pleasant surprisingly...
    The Camera is phenomenal (rear that is, front without flash is terrible at night) I can't believe the difference from a 950XL to the Elite is that big I was totally giving the x3 more credit than it was due.
    Battery life, well although the battery is smaller in the 950XL has hasn't been really killing me yet, we will see over the next couple days when I am actually working and not relaxing or going out.
    I do miss the fingerprint scanner but with dttw and the iris scanner working pretty damn good it hasn't been too bad. The size isn't terrible but I do miss the phablet size of the x3.
    Performance wise it may be slightly slower but not hugely noticeable.
    I'm going to stick with the 950XL for a few more days and see if I get the itch to go back to the x3.
    03-20-2017 07:26 AM
    Got the new tray with "UP" written on it. It still didn't work perfect with the SanDisk 128gb. But when I used the Lexar 64gb, it is fine. Been using it for 3-4 days without any issues. I used the 128gb card since purchase of x3 last year, so the issue must be related to the recent FW.
    03-20-2017 09:37 AM
144 12345 ...