05-25-2017 01:36 PM
144 ... 456
tools
    Is there a way to tell which one is this "third" tray is? Are there markings on it that is different from the other trays?
    05-11-2017 09:31 PM
    I'm sure its a combination of hardware and software. Story I heard from a friend at Microsoft is its definitely a hardware software combination. A new tray, and rs3 should see very few if any issues. Apparently the issue is with the piece of hardware that controls the power management. Any power change state could disconnect the card. Apparently Microsoft does not own that controller or its software but built a fallback into rs3.

That said, I heard this at least 3rd or 4th hand. How true it is... I've no idea. Bottom line, I really have no need for an SD card. But, a device that has an issue like this.. Just ests at me, and I consider it defective. Silly me... But.. Good money deserves a complete product. I'm struggling with an iPhone 7 until this is worked out.
    05-11-2017 09:47 PM
    Is there a way to tell which one is this "third" tray is? Are there markings on it that is different from the other trays?
    It has the laser etched UP on the top, as opposed to the stamped UP in black.
    05-12-2017 10:58 AM
    I'm sure its a combination of hardware and software. Story I heard from a friend at Microsoft is its definitely a hardware software combination. A new tray, and rs3 should see very few if any issues. Apparently the issue is with the piece of hardware that controls the power management. Any power change state could disconnect the card. Apparently Microsoft does not own that controller or its software but built a fallback into rs3.

That said, I heard this at least 3rd or 4th hand. How true it is... I've no idea. Bottom line, I really have no need for an SD card. But, a device that has an issue like this.. Just ests at me, and I consider it defective. Silly me... But.. Good money deserves a complete product. I'm struggling with an iPhone 7 until this is worked out.
    This is what I'm being told as well. The v3 tray fixed most problems. Not mine unfortunately. I need to wait for a patch from Microsoft.
    05-12-2017 11:00 AM
    I would not count on a patch. From my hand me down story, the binary work around was offered to HP. My impression was it was not accepted. Supposedly the binary change is being discussed with the hardware owner, Qualcom I believe. Again...a grain of salt...3rd, 4th, even 5th hand story.
    05-12-2017 11:06 AM
    Latest update from HP support:
    "I got word this morning that the ODM found no issues with the hardware of the captured unit, but did find an issue with RS2 causing a disconnection of the SD card. Since the issue was confirmed, Microsoft will need to work on a fix for the bug. Out next step is to keep pressure on Microsoft to get a patch out as soon as possible for the issue once they determine what the cause is."
    05-12-2017 12:41 PM
    I just got the HP Elite X3 and notice my micro sd card keeps ejecting too at random times. Will I need to get the latest tray from HP or should I just hold out until Microsoft releases an update? I'm using a 256GB Sandisk.
    05-13-2017 10:38 AM
    I just got the HP Elite X3 and notice my micro sd card keeps ejecting too at random times. Will I need to get the latest tray from HP or should I just hold out until Microsoft releases an update? I'm using a 256GB Sandisk.
    I would contact HP. You should get the v3 tray.
    05-13-2017 03:29 PM
    So, around May 8th, I turned off NFC. May 10th, I installed the v3 tray. May 11th, I turned NFC back on to see if the tray alone would be enough to fix the problem. A couple hours later, i got the disconnect. So I turned NFC back to off on the evening of May 11th. It's not May 15th and I've yet to experience the disconnect since the 11th. I believe this is the longest streak that I've had. While I'll suggest to everyone to get v3 of the tray simply because they must have improved *something*, so might as well get it. However, it really appears the "turning NFC off" is the best fix. Let me know if this works for anyone else, or more importantly, if it *fails* to work for anyone else.
    05-15-2017 07:47 AM
    Same here. V 3 tray and no disconnects since NFC off.

Afraid to turn it back on as i was shell shocked
    05-15-2017 08:37 AM
    I have the v2 tray, and turned off NFC about 5 days ago. I have not had an SD card disconnect since then. Prior to that, I was experiencing it multiple times a day after the Creators Update. Before the Creators Update, I would experience it maybe once a day, or every other day or so.
    05-15-2017 03:24 PM
    I installed 15215 last night. No disconnects yet today. I have the v3 tray and NFC turned off.
    05-18-2017 02:28 PM
    Bad news. NFC turned off, v3 tray, still had the issue finally happen twice in the past couple days. Sigh.
    05-18-2017 03:50 PM
    I had one this morning. Went almost 24 hours. Back to support.
    05-19-2017 09:31 AM
    Just got my tray in the mail. Will provide update soon. I'm thinking this has got to be software related.
    05-19-2017 10:25 AM
    Do you guys recommend I just send this phone back to Ebay? I mean without an sd card it works good I suppose. But my experience with a foolish defect makes me think the phone was not worth the purchase.
    05-19-2017 11:55 AM
    This will not be fixed until Microsoft comes up with a patch for it. HP has been working with them. If the v3 tray didnt solve your issue, which it did not for me but did for some, we have to wait for a patch.
    05-19-2017 02:27 PM
    Originally posted by tserv95
    Do you guys recommend I just send this phone back to Ebay? I mean without an sd card it works good I suppose. But my experience with a foolish defect makes me think the phone was not worth the purchase.
    Depends if you must have a card larger than 64gb. I don't have a problem for months since switching from 128gb to 64gb. There is device storage too, obviously. This is not hardware, so i would wait for a software fix.
    05-23-2017 08:13 PM
    So since I got the v3 tray, I've been doing some experimenting. I do find that turning off NFC & TTP does have an impact. Instead of getting the disconnects multiple times a day, I'm now only seeing it once every other day or so.
    05-25-2017 01:36 PM
144 ... 456