HP Elite x3 - SD Card disconnecting?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
They sent me two different SIM Trays and after that not fixing all of my problems they have now overnighted me a new phone. Will be in tomorrow. Lets hope this fixes all my issues.

sunhi3man

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
They sent me two different SIM Trays and after that not fixing all of my problems they have now overnighted me a new phone. Will be in tomorrow. Lets hope this fixes all my issues.
Hopefully, that does the trick. Mine has had the sd card*issue from time to time but it's so infrequent that it doesn't bother me.

Darkie On

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem SD card removed. got a 2nd X3, same problem. got 2 different sim tray, same problem.

but since I've turned off my Bluetooth service, no longer have the problem. after 3 weeks of no Bluetooth, my x3 had not reported SD card removed error.
I have just turned my Bluetooth back on. so far, error has not recurred.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD Card disconnecting?

Originally posted by Darkie On
I had the same problem SD card removed. got a 2nd X3, same problem. got 2 different sim tray, same problem.

but since I've turned off my Bluetooth service, no longer have the problem. after 3 weeks of no Bluetooth, my x3 had not reported SD card removed error.

Getting this problem more frequently these days. I updated the fw and latest fast ring. But likely not related. But if a new sim tray doesn't help, maybe it is software. I might try ur BT off approach.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I recieved a new sim tray problem went away then came back a week after they sent me a new phone and yes the problem is still there i was told to keep both phone to compare for awhile and with the new sim tray in the first one the problem is on and off so i have been reporting back to them that i have the problem on both units one with the anniversary update and one with the new preview update. so we will see what they will do dont want to give up my X3 i love it but i might have to and stick with my L950xl.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I had a call today from someone that seemed to know there is a known issue with the phone and how it deals with larger cards. I expect they will need to issue a firmware update to truly solve the problem.

fgol

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site

I suspect you're correct that BlueTooth is related. A few times I have gotten the SD Removal message immediately after my phone sent a notification to my Band.

Last edited:

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I received the replacement tray and it had no effect. I did have the older tray but the new one did not resolve the disconnecting issue. I tried turning Bluetooth off completely but I still got the error. I believe this is going to need a firmware fix.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Makes me wonder if this bug got introduced with the latest firmware since I've never had this problem before on this phone, including reboots out of nowhere. Phone works fine without card though. Going to try my older 32gb card to see what happens.

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I was told today that it could be the card causing this issue.
They are supposed to be sending me a list of cards that work and ones that have issues.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Well, phone just went into a reboot after trying to move some music to it. Guess I'll have to stick with my 950XL for now :(.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm not seeing the reboots but the SD card disconnect is really annoying. Share the list of cards they claim will work when you get it.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

Maybe we can list the cards in issue here? I have a Sandisk 128GB.
I wonder if reformatting it from scratch will help. Anyone tried that?

cnashx

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I haven't gotten the email yet, but they told me that over 64GB Sandisks have problems for sure. (I have a 128GB Sandisk)

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

I don't recall having this problem so often when on production build. I'm now on fast ring. What about the rest of you?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo