Why is my HP Elite X3 battery draining while the phone is shutdown?

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Tested today. Shutdown the phone at 10 a.m. with battery 100% charged. Switched on the phone at 8 p.m. and battery charge has dropped to 90%. That does not happen with my Blackberry DTEK60, that keeps battery charge at 100% for days.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Tested today. Shutdown the phone at 10 a.m. with battery 100% charged. Switched on the phone at 8 p.m. and battery charge has dropped to 90%. That does not happen with my Blackberry DTEK60, that keeps battery charge at 100% for days.

how long have you had the phone? Could it accidentally have come on in between? Try the test again
Also try a soft reset

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
how long have you had the phone? Could it accidentally have come on in between? Try the test again
Also try a soft reset

I bought it in November 2016 and I pamper it. It did not come accidentally on because it was in a drawer and I found it shutdown when I took it again. I have tryied a soft reset with no success: how much does your HP Elite X3 drain when switched off?.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I bought it in November 2016 and I pamper it. It did not come accidentally on because it was in a drawer and I found it shutdown when I took it again. I have tryied a soft reset with no success: how much does your HP Elite X3 drain when switched off?.

I'm not that fortunate to have such a device, just trying to help

Is the drain the same if it's switched off for a short period and for a long period of time?

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm not that fortunate to have such a device, just trying to help

Is the drain the same if it's switched off for a short period and for a long period of time?

Thanks for your help. The drain is the same (more or less) switched on (in stand by) or off: around 1% per hour. It seems that the 820 that is inside is always running. As a reference, my humble Lumia 650 battery lasts longer than that of my X3: unacceptable.

ScottM2753

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by SeiShinRyu

Do you have the latest firmware installed? The battery life on my HP Elite X3 is amazing. Simply the best smartphone battery experience I've had. With mine ON it lasts all day and well into the night. When I plug it in at night it still has usually around a 30-40% charge, and that is with using it all day.

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Do you have the latest firmware installed? The battery life on my HP Elite X3 is amazing. Simply the best smartphone battery experience I've had. With mine ON it lasts all day and well into the night. When I plug it in at night it still has usually around a 30-40% charge, and that is with using it all day.

Yes, I do have the latest firmware installed (10.0.14393.576). How much does your battery drain when the phone is shutdown? (in my case is 1%/hour). Thanks.

maykelbembibre

Jun 30, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem. Mine also discharges 1% every hour when it is in standby. It is just senseless. I don't like this behaviour at all. Is there any solution?

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
1.) Powering a device on and off consumes battery. This is true for everything with a modern OS. Even laptops and such.
2.) 1% drain while on standby is fine...

I'm honestly not sure what people are complaining about here... The battery on the HP Elite x3 is about as good as you're going to find.

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
1.) Powering a device on and off consumes battery. This is true for everything with a modern OS. Even laptops and such.
2.) 1% drain while on standby is fine...

I'm honestly not sure what people are complaining about here... The battery on the HP Elite x3 is about as good as you're going to find.

1%/hour(you missed this detail) is not acceptable. HP changed the phone months ago and now it is working flawlessly.

Garry Williams1

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
I maybe a little bit late to the party but the problem is Microsoft, that problem showed up when they did a update in late 2016. I have the phone which has great battery life, but quick fix is to turn it off and turn it on. This will bring it back to correct battery life. This is not a permanent fix. Only way is to reset phone to a point before the

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire