HP Elite x3 - My experiences so far - Jan 2017

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Wish you luck! Parasitic drain? Must be a short somewhere. Don't think there's any reason for the battery to drain while it's off!

Thanks for your wishes, but comparaison with my other phones lay my X3 far away from its suppossed top of the range: there must be a reason for a so high drain rate (perhaps, some apps are running even in off state). I am an engineer, and one of my tasks is to find reasons.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Let's hope the new one fixes that for ya! My x3 has been good, the battery lasts way more than what my L950XL used to last. On the battery+ app i'm seeing an average of 2% of discharge.

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
Let's hope the new one fixes that for ya! My x3 has been good, the battery lasts way more than what my L950XL used to last. On the battery+ app i'm seeing an average of 2% of discharge.

The new one arrived on Tuesday, and yes, there is a big difference in battery discharge rate: I am sending back the old one.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad it worked out well for ya, could you please verify something for me? Place the 2 sim trays side by side and tell me if you see any differences, be it on size, color, thickness, something written that the other doesn't have it. According to people here, there's a revised version of the sim tray to eliminate the infinite restart issue lot of folks are having and I wanna know if you have, So you can stay with it. According to a post I read, if the tray says 1&2 on the sim slots that's the old version, if it says the word "up" that's the revised version.

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad it worked out well for ya, could you please verify something for me? Place the 2 sim trays side by side and tell me if you see any differences, be it on size, color, thickness, something written that the other doesn't have it. According to people here, there's a revised version of the sim tray to eliminate the infinite restart issue lot of folks are having and I wanna know if you have, So you can stay with it. According to a post I read, if the tray says 1&2 on the sim slots that's the old version, if it says the word "up" that's the revised version.

I have compared both sim trays, and, yes, they are different. The old one has 1&2, whereas the new one has nothing engraved on it. But sim tray has nothing to do with battery discharge. These last three days I emptied the old one sim tray and disconnected the phone: battery discharge was the same as before. I am afraid I will never know the reason why of this behaviour, but I do not want to keep this faulty phone. In any case, thanks for your interest.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have compared both sim trays, and, yes, they are different. The old one has 1&2, whereas the new one has nothing engraved on it. But sim tray has nothing to do with battery discharge. These last three days I emptied the old one sim tray and disconnected the phone: battery discharge was the same as before. I am afraid I will never know the reason why of this behaviour, but I do not want to keep this faulty phone. In any case, thanks for your interest.

I know it doesn't have anything to do with that. The reason I asked was because these phone apparently have a common issue where they tend to restart themselves on a infinite loop. Apparently the sim is the culprit and hp have sent those version 2.0 sim trays to affected phones. The new version doesn't says 1 & 2, according to someone it only says "up". So stay with that one to avoid problems on the long run. Enjoy your phone ;)

Sent from mTalk

SeiShinRyu

Nov 16, 2016
Visit site
I know it doesn't have anything to do with that. The reason I asked was because these phone apparently have a common issue where they tend to restart themselves on a infinite loop. Apparently the sim is the culprit and hp have sent those version 2.0 sim trays to affected phones. The new version doesn't says 1 & 2, according to someone it only says "up". So stay with that one to avoid problems on the long run. Enjoy your phone ;)

Sent from mTalk

Thanks for your help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)