Should I buy the x3??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard 2

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've owned several Windows phones through the years. I recently sold my XL. I would like to purchase the x3 but I'm reading mixed reviews. The device looks amazing and the specs are strong.. What's everyone's thoughts!?

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I am in. If Windows Mobile does what you need and the size is right for you and camera is not a deal breaker (it is solid and even great in good light), then go ahead.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I think you should go for the X3 them, is the only device that comes to my mind as better than the 950XL, but it is also a matter of preferences.

I read (and I can't find where) that Asus was planning to release a win10m phone with high specs, but it can be in 2018 or something, so the HP is the option.

Matty

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I've owned several Windows phones through the years. I recently sold my XL. I would like to purchase the x3 but I'm reading mixed reviews. The device looks amazing and the specs are strong.. What's everyone's thoughts!?

If you looking for an upgrade to your 950 XL, then the x3 is your best option. I think with all smartphone releases, you are going to get good and bad reviews and thats normal. Not everyone has the 'issues' that come with a phone. I mean, it cant be worse then the Note 7 right? ^_^ haha

Give it a try!

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
Just was getting tired of it. Wanted something with more of a premium build.
I don't get the term 'premium build.'

My $800 x3 seems about the same 'build' as my work SGS6 or Iphone 6s. As it is, all are wrapped in a case.

It isn't like you sit there and look at the device for aesthetics. It is a tool, similar to (but way more functional than) a screwdriver or hammer.

Sent from mTalk

rcorso

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
When I owned my XL everything was great about it except the removable battery cover felt loose and when typing it had play between the battery and the cover.. So I thinking the HP is more of an high end phone. Also I never case any of my phone's.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It isn't like you sit there and look at the device for aesthetics.

Not sure what you're talking about. Back when I had a Lumia Icon I would often look it over and admire the slick design. I'd run my fingers over the slightly curved screen. I'd apply pressure to the sides of the phone just to feel how sturdy it was. These things aren't simply tools. They're designed for aesthetics and feel as well. That's precisely why I've never put a case on a mobile device.

Aesthetics aside, build quality doesn't only refer to how the phone looks. It refers to how well it's built, what materials are used, etc...

Walter Rossi

Jan 30, 2017
Visit site
This Phablet, it's just great. Great for dimensions of course, great for the hardware, great for the looking, great for everything. Actually is the best Windows Phone on the market, and of course, you should buy it. You'll love it as we do.

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
No way. Don't buy this over priced cheap plasticky, dated phone.

Buy a 640XL for $69, which is like 1/10 the price and feels and performs at the same level. Then you can spend real $ on the Surface phone, if it comes out this fall

aespix

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
Not sold on the x3 ,

Glance screen is not where , camera is sub par and it's expensive ,

You can get a lumia 950 or xl for cheaper and have a better experience .

You just in love with the image it portrays , don't waste your money.

nishant786

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Having used the phone for a month after having used the 950xl for a year I can attest -
1) screen - size and quality - both outsanding.
2) much better build quality. Not on par with android flagships but premium enough.
3) really good performance. Better than other wm10 devices.
4) regular updates.
5) finger print sensor is godsent.
6) sub par camera.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Having used the phone for a month after having used the 950xl for a year I can attest -
1) screen - size and quality - both outsanding.
2) much better build quality. Not on par with android flagships but premium enough.
3) really good performance. Better than other wm10 devices.
4) regular updates.
6) sub par camera.

I've had mine a month now and like it better than the 950 xl I owned for about a year. I find it faster with fewer hangups requiring soft reset.

As for the camera; my eyes are older but I think the pics I take look really good. Not sure if a future firmware update would improve the camera or not. i use Proshot and it compensates a bit for the lackings of the standard camera quality.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
6) sub par camera.
Concur!

My 950xl is on a nightstand used as a clock. I only take it out now for camera work and to check the latest insider build.

Just put my One M8 back on Windows 8 - wow, Win 10 is so much cleaner and more intuitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786