total silence here means...

GuarDeanne

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
I keep checking this forum and WC in general and notice that in that last two weeks or so it has been barely any discussions, questions, etc on the x3 Elite forum.. So I am thinking;

a) everybody had enough of WP10 and bugs on the x3 Elite, sold it and therefore no need to post anything here, or

b) people got their new updates (production, insider, firmware), learned to live with what WP10 offers and are happy enough to have no need to keep coming here.. :D

As I am buying x3 end of this week, I hope it is the latter.. Lol

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I think posts everywhere are down due to the changes to the forums. Changes always hurt short term because some people shy away from any change and almost everyone backs off some when they have to adjust, even if what they adjust too is better after the learning curve. Plus during the transition, some stuff doesn't work or does work but gets changed at seemingly random times.

Chemy JMHT

VR Expert
Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
As HoosierDaddy said, that's is happening, but also I only heard good things about the phone, but being honest I think more and more people got the Alcatel Idol 4S and sadly there is not that many people buying Win10 Phones as expected.

Maybe after you buy yours you can take back the voices to the X3 threads ;)

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
It's definitely a high price on a phone on a platform that hasn't been received as well as Android or iOS. I think maybe if prices come down a bit you might see a few more people adopt the phone hopefully.

Corwin_Amber

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have to confess, for me it could be the latter. I am in my way out, after having every Nokia and then Microsoft Smartphone Flagship for so many years.
It just does not cut it anymore for me. I will dip my toes onto Android waters from tomorrow with a Moto Z Play and use an S8+ as soon as it gets delivered (preordered).

I will see, if the grass really is greener. But as of now, W10M and the X3 are both carefully invested in by their 'owners', at most. The S8 and Android are going full steam ahead, in contrast.

I really do not want to start anything here, as I am the one who is the most sad about it. But as I said, I think it is time to move on, finally. I will miss the gorgeous look and feel of the platform.

Last edited:

Allen Rhodes

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Or option 3: too much negativity lately, people are tired of it. Personally I've backed off because of all the ******* and moaning about the platform. Apparently we need to write an essay about why we leave instead of just joining an Android or iOS forum.

azgoth444

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
My x3 has been super with all the updates. Also tired of all negativity posted about the os/apps and how a surface phone could be a game changer and what not.

Sent from mTalk

meattray

Surface Pro 4 Champion
Feb 15, 2017
Visit site
Yeah it's unfortunate that it comes across as negativity when I'm reality people are just extremely passionate about the platform. We need to figure out a way to use this energy in a positive way to bring real change to the platform.

Narathan

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Or option 3: too much negativity lately, people are tired of it. Personally I've backed off because of all the ******* and moaning about the platform. Apparently we need to write an essay about why we leave instead of just joining an Android or iOS forum.

This is one of the reasons I stopped posting in the forums lately. No matter what MS does, be it good or bad, almost everybody is just complaining and throwing hissy fits over EVERYTHING.

Seriously. Every forum has naggy people but Windows Central seems to have the most disgruntled community out of most of them.

I love the OS and the visions MS has. I'll be honest; I've shelved my x3 for now until HP fixes the SD card issue. I don't like using Android but my 950XL died last week and I kinda sold my other Windows phones. :asleep:

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
Still happy user of both my X3 and 950 XL, and will hang in here until the bitter end. I have tried using both iOS and Android but I do not lika any of them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes