PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
After purchasing my X3 in October, I immediately grabbed the Rugged case. Figuring I'd want to protect that beast, I wanted the best.

Unfortunately, the case died sometime in December.

I then bought the silicone case. Already, a mere four months later, the bottom of the case is cracking off.

Now, the only other cases for the device are a "wallet" case and a "folio" case. Neither item suits me.

Is it too hard to ask for a cheap rubberized silicone case? Those have always worked the best for me.

zmancb7

Nov 30, 2016
Visit site
my silicone one that came with the bundle is also cracking at the bottom. Plus it's a dust magnet so having it my pocket it always a pain. I'm going naked for now, phone looks pretty slick but worry when I have it out sometimes.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I am using the Incipio Esquire case for when I pocket my phone. I do often use a holster but the device doesn't fit in the holster with the case on.

The cloth is holding up just fine, although I am not that tough on my devices. I actually like the feel of the case. It does also fit the desk dock aa well with the same desk dock cover as the HP cases.

Marcin Dabrowsky

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I always cased every phone I've owned. Recently began loving flip cases, simply for the reason that I am able to fully protect the screen and not have to use a screen protector and I can stand the phone up for media consumption in horizontal mode (netflix and youtube).

I also think they look most professional and are awesome. HP's own leather folio case has outstanding build quality and performs great with the magnet that ensures that the case stays closed and doesn't flap around! Give it a go, I think you will like it.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
I have been thinking about giving the HP flip case a try as well. I have just gotten so used to holstering the phone though. Thanks for the opinion though. The HP folio case is definitely the most professional choice for the x3 so far.

PerfectReign

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
HP's own leather folio case has outstanding build quality and performs great with the magnet that ensures that the case stays closed and doesn't flap around! Give it a go, I think you will like it.
Maybe. I've been hesitant just because i mount my phone on the window of my car and also lime to use it one handed while walking my dog.

Sent from mTalk

emmeborn

Elite x3 & Lumia 950XL Champion
May 27, 2013
Visit site
I´m on my second silicone case now. The old one cracked at the bottom. Will try the Incipio Esquire case when this one breaks.

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Originally posted by mryan55
I am using the Incipio Esquire case for when I pocket my phone. I do often use a holster but the device doesn't fit in the holster with the case on.

The cloth is holding up just fine, although I am not that tough on my devices. I actually like the feel of the case. It does also fit the desk dock aa well with the same desk dock cover as the HP cases.

How does your phone fits on the elite x3 dock with the esquire case? I tried it and it doesn't fit without modifying (grinding) the swappable part of the dock. That was exactly the reason why I returned the esquire and got the rugged one from hp, which to be honest, it's crap and cheap. The only reason I got it was for compatibility with the dock, it's not better than the esquire. According to the thread OP, these OEM cases don't last long, Amazon reviews say the same, at least the rugged one. I can vouch that the esquire is the best case for the x3 so far, and to the thread OP, the fabric finish holds well, I had mine during intensive use and returned the case almost a month later and the case looked exactly the same, so it doesn't ages badly. If you need one, get the esquire, just know that it won't fit in the dock.

mryan55

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response -- haven't been on here much. I did modify the dock as you mentioned to get it to fit. For the last few weeks I have actually gone without a case since the x3 really does feel bulky with any case on it whether I am pocketing it or holstering it.

I am also starting to like the phone on the desk next to me when docked, so I have been using the USB C extension set up as of late anyone, which would make my modifications to the dock cover a moot point even if I went back to using the Esquire case.

I have had both the silicone and the Esquire and definitely recommend the Esquire case over the HP option.

emmeborn

May 27, 2013
Visit site
My second HP silicone case just broke at the exact same spot as the last one. Now I have to find another case. Thinking of getting the Esquire now, but lets see what turns up. :wink:

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
My second HP silicone case just broke at the exact same spot as the last one. Now I have to find another case. Thinking of getting the Esquire now, but lets see what turns up. :wink:

Get the esquire, nothing will turn up. Phone's almost a year old and still the same lame *** accessories. Besides, it's the best case so far for the phone, tried and true. I had the rugged and the esquire and prefer the esquire one. Just be advised that if you have the dock you'll need to trim a plastic part for the phone to fit in the dock. Otherwise you can just use the dock plate with the cable.

emmeborn

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Get the esquire, nothing will turn up. Phone's almost a year old and still the same lame *** accessories. Besides, it's the best case so far for the phone, tried and true. I had the rugged and the esquire and prefer the esquire one. Just be advised that if you have the dock you'll need to trim a plastic part for the phone to fit in the dock. Otherwise you can just use the dock plate with the cable.

Then I will have to find that case somewhere then. Using my dock a lot for work at home so I will have to make the trim on the plate. Thanks.

Kris C

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Did you got the case, how is it working for you?

Received my x3 along with this case today, coming from a dodgy L950XL with an Incipio bumper case.

Pro:
Material!
Protection?

Con:
Doesn't fit in the dock, so I'm considered going for a HP case.
Bulky!

Br.
Kris

jes1888

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Well. I don't recommend the hp rugged case, the slim one either. The rugged is slimmer and obviously fits the dock, but it's a lower quality case. I made the mistake of buying the incipient, returned it and bought the rugged one and it's not worth it. It's better to modify the dock plate to fit the incipio one. Of course this is my personal opinion. Others may say different. Enjoy thought!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa