Elite X3 still worth it in mid 2017

plarusa85

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Got an X3 for about $300 from eBay a few months ago. It is a very good phone, and i am pleased with the buy. I hope to get a lap dock soon. I have been a Blackberry 10 fan for years, with windows phones close in the rear. Now that blackberry has jumped to android, i am going with windows. I don't care much for the other platforms. The 950xl, which i also own, is a likeable device as well. It has the best camera, but battery life is short.

rocktauber

May 18, 2013
Visit site
I too am thinking about buying an Elite XP3. Had I been able to use Windows on my Work Network (which is all Microsoft Based, and I still think Microsoft should offer Windows Phone Support for free through the InTune Company Portal). I left because I had to and I really want back in but the big "IF" here is whether or not Microsoft continues supporting this Phone or if I am just throwing my money away like O did on my WM 7 Devices.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
but the big "IF" here is whether or not Microsoft continues supporting this Phone or if I am just throwing my money away like O did on my WM 7 Devices.

I sincerely believe we are looking at another WP7 situation here, except there is no WP8 to supersede it, not for a while.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Got an X3 for about $300 from eBay a few months ago. It is a very good phone, and i am pleased with the buy. I hope to get a lap dock soon. I have been a Blackberry 10 fan for years, with windows phones close in the rear. Now that blackberry has jumped to android, i am going with windows. I don't care much for the other platforms. The 950xl, which i also own, is a likeable device as well. It has the best camera, but battery life is short.

How is you're battery life on the x3? Mine ok... But I thought it would be a little better.

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk

Last edited:

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
X3 is dated hardware that is plasticky and ugly with poor battery life.

If you have to get Windows Phone, get 640XL. It is a beautiful workhorse that blew away my overheating crappy 950XL and crummy X3.

Or just get an iPhone and never be frustrated again...

Sent from mTalk

BethlehemSteel

Apr 14, 2017
Visit site

If you have to get Windows Phone, get 640XL. It is a beautiful workhorse that blew away my overheating crappy 950XL and crummy X3.

Sent from mTalk

I would agree about the 640 XL...one of the best phones I've ever had...never had an issue with mine.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

The Elite X3 has outdated hardware! Get the two year old 640 XL, running an outdated operating system, instead. :straight:

The Elite X3 is plasticky! Get the also plastic 640 XL instead. :straight:

The Elite X3, with its 4150 mAh battery, has poor battery life! Get this 640 XL with its 3,000 mAh battery instead. :straight: I mean, seriously, dude. The Elite X3's battery life is phenomenal.

Yeah, iPhone users are never frustrated. Come on, man...

mikepalma

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I would agree about the 640 XL...one of the best phones I've ever had...never had an issue with mine.
Yeah, the 640XL is rock solid and blows away the X3. These other guys are just pissed they wasted so much $ on an inferior device

Sent from mTalk

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, the 640XL is rock solid and blows away the X3. These other guys are just pissed they wasted so much $ on an inferior device

Sent from mTalk

I think the 640 XL is a great phone. It's a solid mid-range device.

However, there is not a single metric in which the 640 XL out does the Elite x3. Nonsense.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Sent from mTalk

I've never owned an 640XL, but I do have an x3. I have a hard time buying this argument. But to each his or her own I suppose.

tmulhearn

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you still want a Windows phone in 2017, get it. The x3 is the best windows phone currently out there.

The app store sucks, there are no more new features OS wise, just bug fixes for probably the next year. But if your a current widows phone user, this is not news to you. We all know this.

I bought a one plus 5 today, took it home, did the whole set up and downloaded apps. Marveled at the speed of it (it's amazing), drooled at the app selection (millions!), then took it back for a refund. I just like Windows better. I'll hang on for a bit more, cause i just love the OS.

Clive Rennie

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have two of them im only using one i love the device but i also have android devices and ios devices with MS services running on them need movies & tv and photos now on android at least since ms tends to support Android more

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I've never owned an 640XL, but I do have an x3. I have a hard time buying this argument. But to each his or her own I suppose.

I don't know why you guys are giving him such a hard time. He's absolutely right, the 640XL is a much better device than the X3 - the Dell Axim X3 from 2004.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
If you still want a Windows phone in 2017, get it. The x3 is the best windows phone currently out there.

The app store sucks, there are no more new features OS wise, just bug fixes for probably the next year. But if your a current widows phone user, this is not news to you. We all know this.

I bought a one plus 5 today, took it home, did the whole set up and downloaded apps. Marveled at the speed of it (it's amazing), drooled at the app selection (millions!), then took it back for a refund. I just like Windows better. I'll hang on for a bit more, cause i just love the OS.
Yeah...that's how I feel too. I LUV the OS. But I went ahead and sold my X3 as I needed the cash. I'm probably not done though with WP. I'll probably pick up a something for low cost just to play with as a second device.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I just got an X3. I like it. I just wish there was an easy way to disable the camera shutter or video sounds. I don't really want to use Interop Tools on a phone that is not even a week old. I went to this from a 950XL, with a 640XL before that. All have been good phones for me.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site

pfft same thing with my LG G6, great phone and it matches the 950XL hardware wise and all the bells and whistles like DTTW, wireless charging, glance, ect ect... but I couldn't take all the adverts that your forced to watch and the apps that want access to EVERYTHING and you have ZERO privacy let alone the viruses you have to worry about... seriously I can't fathom why spydroid is so popular! it amazes me what people are willing to lose to have a couple of crappy apps!! boggles my mind! I am so happy with my X3 and how amazing the screen looks that all the other phones look pale in comparison! and the peace of mind I have with WM10 and I find typing is so much more better and fluid than spydroid... keeping my X3 for as long as possible...in fact I luv it so much I might buy another one for backup! found a super good deal on one and just biting my nails to figure if I wanna buy/need it LOL

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
pfft same thing with my LG G6, great phone and it matches the 950XL hardware wise and all the bells and whistles like DTTW, wireless charging, glance, ect ect... but I couldn't take all the adverts that your forced to watch and the apps that want access to EVERYTHING and you have ZERO privacy let alone the viruses you have to worry about... seriously I can't fathom why spydroid is so popular! it amazes me what people are willing to lose to have a couple of crappy apps!! boggles my mind! I am so happy with my X3 and how amazing the screen looks that all the other phones look pale in comparison! and the peace of mind I have with WM10 and I find typing is so much more better and fluid than spydroid... keeping my X3 for as long as possible...in fact I luv it so much I might buy another one for backup! found a super good deal on one and just biting my nails to figure if I wanna buy/need it LOL

Using made up adjectives to discredit other OS’s always makes me laugh. So thanks for the laugh.

Glad the X3 works for you. That’s all that really matters.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
bwahahaha made up... your even funnier! those are facts! amazing some people are in denial of "facts" here let me educate you buddy, and just one of MANY examples, I installed slacker and Spotify and fired them up to show my GF how to stream and I kid you not BAM! forced to watch 3 bloody commercials before the streaming even began, 1 was a degree deodorant commercial and the other 2 I forget cuzz I just tuned out and didn't wanna see them! and then opened up the other music stream and had to deal with other ads in that one too! and then I installed messenger for facebook and right after installing the app her phone started exhibiting strange problems and I narrowed it down to the app was a fake version and it had a key logger and whatever else it was supposed to do... so I had to un-install it and then install a virus scanner and get rid of it... oh and BTW another reason how I know it was the app because it changed all her icons and had a fake icon of the said app I installed... so NO nothing made up but nice try! you wanna keep your head in the sand and deny facts and be oblivious to the facts then go ahead..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa