elite x3 crashing

ElRyano

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Hey, just bought an x3. Updated everything to latest version (non-insider). Everything was working well until I plugged it in to my elite x3 lapdock. The phone wanted to update the docks firmware, it downloaded then failed to install. The message suggested I reset the phone and try again. I did the power and volume down reset and the phone has not come back on since. It will only get to the hp logo then goes black. Have tried wdrt but its different to the Lumia procedure and it wants me to hold volume up as power comes on to display a gear and a lightning bolt picture having no luck with this as the hp logo just goes away and the screen goes black. Any suggestions

ElRyano

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
as far as I can tell, this is the procedure you are mentioning?

........ you will need to force the device into flashing mode.* To put the device into this mode, complete the following steps:

Disconnect the device from the USB cable.
Power the device off.
Press and release the Power key.
As soon as the device vibrates, press and hold the Volume Up key.
The device will show a lightning bolt and gear icon on the screen.

this is not working for me unfortunately. I cant get the icon they are suggesting. the phone seems to be turning off after the hp logo appears, the screen might just be blank though. have you used this method before with any success?

deadbarney

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Not had to do it with my X3 (so far!) but have with other phones. With the phone powered off, try holding down both the power and volume up key at the same time - it should power up and go straight into recovery mode.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99