I am back using one again. Been away using the Idol 4s/Lumia 950 DS/950 XL DS and other phones...
    This display has gotten better with the FW updates and essentially the OS updates I assume. It dims fluidly, gets super bright exactly when I need it. The color rendering is excellent. It is not too bright in the dark anymore from what I can tell too.

Who else is noticing that the display has room for HP to keep tweaking it to make it better? I remember on an interview with the HP rep at the debut MWC for this device that they chose certain hw carefully.

Anyway, really liking the display quality since getting one back!
    PerfectReign and aximtreo like this.
    07-11-2017 09:35 PM
    The display is bar none. My son's LG and my Iphone can't even compare
    nate0 likes this.
    07-12-2017 12:24 AM
    I like it quite a bit as well...
    07-12-2017 10:51 AM
    Yes! The display is fantastic.

I have one qualm with it. It sucks in the sunlight. It's basically impossible to use on a sunny day. The sunlight readability on the flagship Lumias was absolutely fantastic. And that feature probably spoiled me.
    SteveNoza likes this.
    07-12-2017 01:14 PM
    Yes! The display is fantastic.

I have one qualm with it. It sucks in the sunlight. It's basically impossible to use on a sunny day. The sunlight readability on the flagship Lumias was absolutely fantastic. And that feature probably spoiled me.
    I actually do better on it readability-wise then I had on the 950xl before I sold it...accept for the SR (sunlight readability) lacking in a color profile the HP does pretty darn good regardless...
    I am on the latest fw and OS build. I think the fact that it is able to get so bright helps it out in that area. I would like them to enable LED notifications or come with their own Standby Screen/Alway on Screen/Glance-like feature. The dbl tap is just not there as a good feature that works to enable a quick glance at stuff....

For some reason the 950 XL sunlight readability was broke for me and others.
    07-12-2017 06:24 PM