Firmware version 0002.0000.0037.0001

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My carrier is AT&T. The APN automatically updated after the fw installed from the APN phone to the APN nxtgenphone. Anyone notice any other changes or updates?

Update: So my APN did not change however it shows APN for LTE is nxtgenphone but my Default APN is still phone.

TWm3KIy.jpg

isB6DQp.jpg

Here is the change log as posted on the HP forums.
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Elite-x3/HP-Elite-x3-Software-Update-Notice-v2-00-37/td-p/6225976

HPEliteX3_chanelog_v2.00.37.JPG

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I did a hard reset and that corrected the APN for LTE thing I was seeing. It shows phone now instead of nxtgenphone.

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
How's double tap to wake working for people with the updated firmware?

O.K., I recently obtained the HP X3 Elite due to a hardware issue with my 950XL. This phone is new to me and I find some things that just go against the nature of Windows Phone but I won't digress. The double tap to close works as intended, the double tap to WAKE requires a hefty double tap on the front portion of the screen and seems to work intermittently. I have better success double tapping the fingerprint reader to wake the device.

New Discovery?! - OK, I'm under the impression that the Tap to Close feature is definitely tied to the touch sensitive screen, that's a given... but what I'm finding out is that the Tap to WAKE is associated with the "Accelerometer/Motion Sensor" and not the touch screen at all because you can double tap the back of the device or even the chrome sound grill for that matter and it will work, sometimes.

While I'm here I have a question, I'm on AT&T and in the phone settings I always see the spinning dots (processing) for "Call Forwarding," and only some times do I get the "Call Forward" icon to the right of the Cell LTE icon. I have never used call forwarding nor do I have a need for it. But seeing the icon and then the processing spinner in phone settings bugs the daylight out of me.

Last edited:

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Just for grins & giggles, I have my phone propped on my desk. The bottom portion of the phone resting on the wood desk, the top portion of the phone resting on the base of my Dell monitor.

Guess what? Double tapping my wood desk wakes the phone BETTER than tapping on the phones screen. So at least now I have confirmed that "Double Tap to Wake" is motion sensed and has nothing to do with the capacitive screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786