Well, I found that listening to podcasts on this device while in my car is a RPITA. With Iris and Fingerprint enabled you see this in the account settings; "hp x3 elite windows hello is preventing some options from being shown." So with a folio case blocking the back of the phone (fingerprint scanner) I'm left having to enter a PIN after the screen times out. So turning off fingerprint sign-in, at least I'm able to set the time out for 15 minutes.

I just wish they had a simple setting for not letting the phone time out if it has these two things:

1.) If connected to an external power source
    2.) If in "Driving Mode"

The screen will remain on and not require a sign-in until unplugged or Bluetooth source is disconnected.
    07-26-2017 08:10 PM
    OK, well I found some duct tape and bubble gum to fix this (albeit kludgey). I pretty much only listen to podcasts in the car, so if I utilize Waze, Waze keeps the device from activating Screen Lock... nasty fix but it works!
    07-29-2017 02:26 PM
    When I had my 950XL, I just disable Windows Hello, PIN, and all that security. I found it restricting my usage a lot. Especially when using it in the car. It worked ok after that.

On a side note, the 950XL Bluetooth connectivity was horrible. Every other phone we used worked flawlessly with our cars, EXCEPT for the 950XL. It has a habit of not connecting at all. Need to pair manually. Often times the phone needs to be removed from the car and re-pair again to the car. Sometimes it will connect via Bluetooth automatically after several minutes. But then it disconnects for no reason after a few minutes. I wasted so much time fixing the 950XL bluetooth than enjoying it. Everyone including my wife laughed about the how terrible it was.

Two 950XL did this. Had to return the first one due to faulty camera.
    07-29-2017 07:18 PM
    Agree, I used to do the same with my 950XL... just disable the PIN. But with the X3, you have iris and fingerprint. The finger print worked wonderfully until I put the X3 in the HP Folio case which now covers the FP reader when folded back and in the phone cradle.

My '09 MINI has BT but it's not worth connecting because it's just for phone call. So I switched out to an MPows BT headset and just put the right earbud in. Love it.
    07-29-2017 07:48 PM