HP Elite x3 now supports Verizon

01mggt

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
According to the HP specs, the Elite x3 now works on Verizon: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...id%3D10722027%23%21tab%3Dspecs&token=v364LCew

"Wireless
802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2)*WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 LE combo (Miracast supported)
NFC
WWAN: 2G GSM, CDMA (1x BC0/BC1)/3G WCDMA, HSPA, CDMA 1x EVDO/4G Verizon LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation
WWAN: 2G GSM/3G WCDMA, HSPA/4G LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation"

Negative Ghost Rider, just tried my Verizon SIM again and still cuts the connection after like 45 seconds or so. When it is connected, nothing works and shows one bar of signal. Hopefully this happens soon though!

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
According to the HP specs, the Elite x3 now works on Verizon: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...id%3D10722027%23%21tab%3Dspecs&token=Vmj2_gq_

"Wireless
802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2x2)*WiFi and Bluetooth® 4.0 LE combo (Miracast supported)
NFC
WWAN: 2G GSM, CDMA (1x BC0/BC1)/3G WCDMA, HSPA, CDMA 1x EVDO/4G Verizon LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation
WWAN: 2G GSM/3G WCDMA, HSPA/4G LTE, LTE-A with carrier aggregation"

As discussed in another thread, it seems as though HP has created a specific model number for the Verizon version. If that's the case, current Elite X3's may not be able to be on the Verizon network (at least not without some sort of firmware update.)

However, it's definitely worth calling Verizon's Business Sales line and asking them about the availability of this phone and referencing the recently updated HP Quick Guide in the process. It may help in squeezing more information out of them!

Last edited:

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
As discussed in another thread, it seems as though HP has created a specific model number for the Verizon version. If that's the case, current Elite X3's may not be able to be on the Verizon network (at least not without some sort of firmware update.)

However, it's definitely worth calling Verizon's Business Sales line and asking them about the availability of this phone and referencing the recently updated HP Quick Guide in the process. It may help in squeezing more information out of them!

It is a new FCCID number.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Negative Ghost Rider, just tried my Verizon SIM again and still cuts the connection after like 45 seconds or so. When it is connected, nothing works and shows one bar of signal. Hopefully this happens soon though!
If cdma is not enabled it won't activate. Even if band 13 2 4 or 5 are there. There are tons of tuning they do on the modem side to have a device optimally work on a carrier exclusively. Take the Lumia 950 for at&t as an example. Band 2 4 5 and 13 are present but cdma is not enabled. However the wcs band 30 is and so is 29. The modem is tuned via nvi data to carrier aggregate correctly. If you look in the quick specs you can see where the Verizon radio specs they list are listing the bands in pairs ex: B4+B13. My thinking is if they do this via fw update only it will be on x3's/imei's not in service yet. That way vz can track and activate the phones (x3's) that hop on.

Does vz support unlocked LTE only phones yet?

Last edited:

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
This is on the current X3 phones. Has it been confirmed there is another, newer, X3 coming out once big red gives the thumb's up?

Twitter: @PhotographyET

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I didn't ask correctly. Once Verizon certifies HP's phone, will it be on current phones or has anyone confirmed there is a newer Elite X3 coming out?

Twitter: @PhotographyET
That is what we are all wondering. It to me looks like a variant device will be released to support VZ. Not current devices with a new update.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
But we simply don't yet know ... NO "press releases" yet?

Could HP and VZ do an OTA update for this phone to enable CDMA/VZ connectivity? This would be something new in terms of VZ releasing the chains they have long held over their network... or would'nt be cool if the last update had provisioned the HP X3 already, and so long as VZ turns on the switch, the phone can be activated at that time. But, that would not bring a lot of revenue stream in. So we all know what will happen soon...;)

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Could HP and VZ do an OTA update for this phone to enable CDMA/VZ connectivity? This would be something new in terms of VZ releasing the chains they have long held over their network... or would'nt be cool if the last update had provisioned the HP X3 already, and so long as VZ turns on the switch, the phone can be activated at that time. But, that would not bring a lot of revenue stream in. So we all know what will happen soon...;)

But how soon? I know Verizon is known for sitting on releases longer than others for "testing" on their network, but with it's current specs, the X3 is a full model year old already and only going to seem older with the release of other flagships this fall. I know this is not meant to compete with those, but you'd think all parties involved would want this to be available ASAP.

As a side note, I did call Verizon's tech support today and spoke to someone totally clueless who didn't even understand what I was asking. May try giving HP a call tomorrow to try and get a better explanation on the Verizon info in their quick guide.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
But how soon? I know Verizon is known for sitting on releases longer than others for "testing" on their network, but with it's current specs, the X3 is a full model year old already and only going to seem older with the release of other flagships this fall. I know this is not meant to compete with those, but you'd think all parties involved would want this to be available ASAP.

As a side note, I did call Verizon's tech support today and spoke to someone totally clueless who didn't even understand what I was asking. May try giving HP a call tomorrow to try and get a better explanation on the Verizon info in their quick guide.

Same happened to me the other day when I walked into a VZ store...I mentioned it was bluetooth and FCC certified to run on VZ, but they did not even know HP made windows phones...:)

EDIT: hitem up on twitter if you got an account...

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Same happened to me the other day when I walked into a VZ store...I mentioned it was bluetooth and FCC certified to run on VZ, but they did not even know HP made windows phones...:)

EDIT: hitem up on twitter if you got an account...

Everyone "here" must remember that the HP Elite x3 ON VERIZON is a "pure Enterprise play" = NOT for "consumers".

We simply "get lucky enough to hopefully buy some" for non-Enterprise use. I would imagine that the DEMAND for an Elite x3 "ON VERIZON" must be pretty great or HP would NEVER HAVE done this with a 1 year old device :)

So, "put your BUSINESS hat on" and work through HP reps, etc. = THEY are the only ones who will know the truth. (the stores will remain clueless)

I called the Microsoft store and spoke to a sales rep that said "stay tuned" ... nothing yet until there is a Press Release!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site

Dan HAS an Elite x3 "current model" and has skin in this game ... but, nothing from him on this subject yet !!!

Hey Dan ... WILL existing HP Elite x3's be "upgradable"???

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
@dksf42
The HP was strictly Enterprise/Business focused from the beginning. The only difference now would be whether VZ sells it or not. HP may just offer the model compatible for VZ kinda like HTC does/did for their phones....

EDIT: I know I stated that HP sent me an email that stated they would not be selling the phone directly, but some times HP reps are wrong too...So it aint fact until we hear officially I suppose...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers