HP Elite x3 now supports Verizon

ramtwins25

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I did get a chance to speak with an HP reseller, who connected us to HP Support. We were told that support on Verizon for the Elite X3 was not yet available, however their engineers were testing connectivity and hoping to be online "soon." When ask if it is worth buying the current device or waiting on a newer model, the support rep stated "...since we cannot guarantee connectivity at this time, it may be best to wait and see if a new device comes out that has Verizon support." Take that for what it is worth.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
So, I did get a chance to speak with an HP reseller, who connected us to HP Support. We were told that support on Verizon for the Elite X3 was not yet available, however their engineers were testing connectivity and hoping to be online "soon." When ask if it is worth buying the current device or waiting on a newer model, the support rep stated "...since we cannot guarantee connectivity at this time, it may be best to wait and see if a new device comes out that has Verizon support." Take that for what it is worth.

Very interesting news indeed! Thanks for calling and sharing the info RamTwins25, much appreciated!

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
Just to get blasted for coming up with such an absurd idea. Could the next Elite x3 be an ARM device? That maybe runs on Verizon? I couldn't see MS letting an third party being the first to release . . . but if they let HP iron out all the bumps before they release their own Surface type phone device. . .

Twitter: @PhotographyET

joanzen

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with HP Small Business support. Following is a transcript.

08/11/2017 01:30:51PM System: "Welcome to HP.com for Small & Medium Business customers. Your chat transcript will be emailed to your email address shortly after the chat is completed."
08/11/2017 01:30:54PM Session Started with Agent (Sheena M)
08/11/2017 01:30:54PM "I have a question about the HP Elite x3 phone. The quick specs document (www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c05193008.pdf) on page 11 details a variant for Verizon in the US. Is this model currently available?"
08/11/2017 01:33:41PM Agent (Sheena M): "I checked and the Verizon support is not yet available. Our current HP Elite x3 are supported with AT&T and T-Mobile."
08/11/2017 01:34:00PM "Do you know when Verizon support will be available?"
08/11/2017 01:35:32PM Agent (Sheena M): "We didn't receive any updates yet but I know our Engineering Team is working on it."
08/11/2017 01:36:24PM "OK. There are many of us on Verizon very interested in this. Thank you."
08/11/2017 01:37:34PM Agent (Sheena M): "Yes, we did receive a lot of inquiries regarding the Verizon support. I am hoping it will be available soon."
08/11/2017 01:37:43PM Agent (Sheena M): "We do appreciate you contacting us with your concern today."
08/11/2017 01:38:04PM Session Ended

So, at least they do acknowledge the Verizon version is coming. I would urge everyone who is interested, head over to shopping.hp.com and chat with the business support. Let them know we're interested.

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for doing this and sharing ... very encouraging! The unfortunate fact is "in the background" neither HP, nor Verizon are saying ANYTHING "publically" to the news outlets.

It would be great IF HP would make a statement about where the Elite x3 fits in their overall smartphone strategy?

joanzen

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for doing this and sharing ... very encouraging! The unfortunate fact is "in the background" neither HP, nor Verizon are saying ANYTHING "publically" to the news outlets.

It would be great IF HP would make a statement about where the Elite x3 fits in their overall smartphone strategy?

I'd be shocked if we ever hear Verizon say anything about this. I'd be even more shocked if this phone ever sees the inside of a Verizon store. I'm thinking this version is more for HP's benefit (Enterprise customers) and Verizon couldn't care less. I don't really care; if it will work on Verizon's network, I want one! My Icon's battery is on its last legs!

dksf42

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
HP Elite x3 won't have a successor on Windows. HP are abandoning the platform now too and the next device will be Android only

https://www.windowslatest.com/2017/...ne-elite-x3-successor-wont-windows-10-mobile/

Come on everyone, this doesn't say that HP is not working on "Project Andromeda", it ONLY says that HP will NOT makes any "new Windows 10 MOBILE" devices.

We all know what's coming and HP has been listed as one of the vendors "working on the NEW CATEGORY that Satya Nadella describes" ... just like HP DID with 2-in-1's, etc.

This thread is about the HP Elite x3 "on Verizon"!!!

Player Piano

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Come on everyone, this doesn't say that HP is not working on "Project Andromeda", it ONLY says that HP will NOT makes any "new Windows 10 MOBILE" devices.

We all know what's coming and HP has been listed as one of the vendors "working on the NEW CATEGORY that Satya Nadella describes" ... just like HP DID with 2-in-1's, etc.

This thread is about the HP Elite x3 "on Verizon"!!!

Good points.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss