Unread email count "in app" not tile...

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
So with the last update, Slow Ring... 10.0.15230.0 the unread email count within the app (not talking about Live Tile) is incorrect. All emails have been read yet, a few out of the five email accounts I have show unread emails when there isn't any. This is true for Comcast.net, Exchange, Gmail accounts.

Nothing so far has permanently fixed the issue, even deleted accoutns and reinstalled accounts only to see the issue come back.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Unread email count "in app" not tile...

I found it happened after an update to Mail app version 17.8400.40556.0. It occurs when I delete an unread email from the notification centre. I only have a Hotmail account, but removing and re-adding the account got rid of the unread email count within the app. I filed feedback https://aka.ms/gkkniz.

Not sure what will 'fix' the unread email count if removing and re-adding didn't work. The Mail app on my SP4 updated on Friday to version 40745 and seems to have fixed the issue. It may be that the next app update on Mobile will resolve?

Sent from mTalk

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Perfect Paul... what you describe makes tons of sense because I was never in a habit of deleting emails from the Notification Center until recently. I'll go back to just swiping those to remove from Notification area. In the mean time I just deleted and reinstalled the accounts. Thank you so much for letting me know and for figuring this issue out... much appreciated!

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The issue still persists in app version 17.8400.40746.0 (Mobile) and has returned in 17.8400.40795.0 (PC). Seeing a lot more feedback in the Feedback Hub about this - it was trending last night!

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
@MsftMan After the last time I deleted an unread email from the notification centre that left me with an unread email shown on the in-app counter, I didn't bother removing and then re-adding my account. I left it as it was, just showing me incorrectly one unread email (and I deleted all subsequent emails in-app).

I received an app update today on my 950 and it has automatically cleared the unread email from the in-app counter. Looks like the issue could be fixed 🙂. However, I'll only be confident when I get to test deleting an unread email from the notification centre.

Look out for this version of the app:
P4ms62l.png

Sent from mTalk

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Paul for the "heads up," on the newer update. I've got it in my queue and will download it when I get home on WiFi. I have to admit that I did like "deleting" email from the notification area, so getting this back will be sweet. Thanks for staying on top of this issue Paul. I'll post back after getting it and confirming no issues.

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Paul for the "heads up," on the newer update. I've got it in my queue and will download it when I get home on WiFi. I have to admit that I did like "deleting" email from the notification area, so getting this back will be sweet. Thanks for staying on top of this issue Paul. I'll post back after getting it and confirming no issues.

I've just deleted an email from notification centre and the in-app counter is correctly showing no unread emails in the inbox. 👌🏼

Sent from mTalk

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I'm glad I'm not the only one. lol It was driving me nuts. My live.com account showed 3 unread emails and for the life of me I couldn't find them. I got home from working yesterday and it appears to have been corrected.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

anon(9603734)

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
The issue I now have is that deleting an email from notification centre no longer updates the live tile. The live tile (and lock screen & glance screen icons) still indicate the new email. Only by going into the app and then exiting the app does the live tile update/clear..! Feedback left https://aka.ms/Bfbhhd We'll soon have the app functioning properly again like it was a few weeks ago!

Sent from mTalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99