My 1020 is dying so I needed a new phone. I really wanted the 950/XL but couldn't find a new one with a warranty. After much wavering, I finally bought the Elite x3. It is still in the huge box because I don't have a case for it. I went to the at&t and Verizon stores, Best Buy, and the Microsoft Store and nobody had a case. The closest thing was the silicone sleeve at the Microsoft Store. I found a nice case on Amazon but it won't ship until September. I can't wait that long, so I broke down and bought a cheap folio case that will come next week to tide me over. I even paid extra to have it shipped Monday, and that was difficult because I'm a devout cheapskate. But I need my phone as soon as possible. Anyway, thanks for reading. I just wanted to share my feelings with folks that cared. Jason Ward ain't got nothin' on me!
    aximtreo and nick popplewell like this.
    08-13-2017 01:13 AM
    Welcome. You can run without a case for awhile. The phone is solid. Just don't throw it across the sidewalk.

Do run all firmware updates. The device is great.
    aximtreo likes this.
    08-13-2017 01:21 AM
    Welcome. You can run without a case for awhile. The phone is solid. Just don't throw it across the sidewalk.

Do run all firmware updates. The device is great.
    You running it naked or case?

Sent from my HP Elite x3 on mTalk
    08-13-2017 02:02 AM
    Great device indeed.
    08-13-2017 08:21 PM
    Congrats on your new Elite X3! Please share your impressions with us when you get it tomorrow. I hope that you enjoy it!
    08-13-2017 09:17 PM
    Congrats on the new device! I love my HP Elite x3.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-14-2017 10:17 AM
    Ugg. Wrote a Jason Ward-sized post with the x3 and the Windows 10 app kept crashing. To summarize what I wrote, I really like the hardware. It is beautiful and premium. I love the massive screen. I'm currently using the screen naked and having the phone in a cheapo leather folio. The phone in the folio has to be very carefully positioned on my wireless charger in order for it to charge while in the folio case. I was disappointed with the battery life, today, because I drained it to 50% after 8 hours of normal use. I heard that this has legendary battery life. Hopefully the battery with get trained. The double tap to wake is unreliable. I haven't tried the Windows Hello features, yet. I'm a bit concerned that the iris scanner is harmful to the eyes but I haven't researched this. I like how fluid and fast the UI is but it is not as elegant as Metro and it feels too much like a hodgepodge of iOS and Android. The camera is predictably just ok. It is a shame that Windows 10 Mobile failed. It is Nutella's fault.
    libra89 likes this.
    Yesterday 11:12 PM