For those audiophile enthusiasts who missed the Equalizer app out there, I wanted to let you know that it is possible to install it and enable its features. I am still trying to understand how I exactly got it functioning because I tested this on the IDOL 4s and it did not work. So as soon as I isolate the exact way to get it working without hiccups and test the functionality, I will post a thread/guide for it. I just took a shot here of the X3.

Can say this much, is that I have been tinkering around with a Lumia 1520, and using registry keys from that phone in other phones like the Idol 4s and now the Elite X3. Doing this to test the capabilities of each device as I use them. Since I love certain features one and the others do not have them, I have been trying to things like this.

As you see from the pic it is listing Dolby enhancements...feature used in the EQ on the 1520.
    wp_20170815_13_55_48_rich_li-2-.jpg
    08-15-2017 04:00 PM
    Thanks for the tip!๐Ÿ˜Š
    08-15-2017 04:10 PM
    Thanks for the tip!๐Ÿ˜Š
    Welp. It looks like I spoke to soon. Even though the app functionality loads it does not affect the sound output at all. So...I loaded the dll files, registry capabilities but the service is unable to work. The good part is that the app loads. Normally I would get nothing at all on the app page. I'll keep working to see how far I get with it though.
    08-15-2017 09:55 PM
    Welp. It looks like I spoke to soon. Even though the app functionality loads it does not affect the sound output at all. So...I loaded the dll files, registry capabilities but the service is unable to work. The good part is that the app loads. Normally I would get nothing at all on the app page. I'll keep working to see how far I get with it though.
    Good luck! That would be awesome if you're able to find a way to make it work.
    libra89 likes this.
    08-15-2017 10:07 PM
    is the sound bad from the x3 speaker?
    08-16-2017 09:16 AM
    is the sound bad from the x3 speaker?
    Not too bad. It is great for phone calls. Not so much for music.

Anyway, sorry for the false hope on this. The app works, but it does not tie into the sound drivers/system services.
    Laura Knotek and TechFreak1 like this.
    08-16-2017 01:59 PM